ATF intends to reclassify and ban "armor piercing" ammo including M855

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'panic' seems to only be M855. I was close to Four Seasons today and I stopped in, they had plenty of American Eagle XM193 in stock at $6.99 for a box of 20. The guy behind the counter said that they hadn't had any M855 in a couple of weeks anyway.

Looks like XM855 is selling for about $.60/round on gunbroker. Prices are up but not at the absurd level as yet.

If anyone wants to trade 1000 rounds of XM193 for 500 rounds XM855 hit me up I a few extra cans[rofl]

Seriously guys, don't you know how to create a panic?

1. several people post in ForSale and on GB this xsomething ammo for $5/round
2. email and post about it everywhere you can "ZOMG!!! panic, panic, buy while you can!"
3. sell your stock for insane profit

Seriously guys, don't you know how to create a panic?

1. several people post in ForSale and on GB this xsomething ammo for $5/round
2. email and post about it everywhere you can "ZOMG!!! panic, panic, buy while you can!"
3. sell your stock for insane profit

Its called pump and dump [shocked]

Is that an individualized one time use coupon? I can't find anything online for it.
It came in emails and had a three-time load limit.

I already got a couple requests via PM, which unfortunately I can help with with since I long reached that limit.

Do you guys really think writing letters to the ATF is going to do anything that could even be construed in the slightest as positive, if anything at all? Come on now. Talk about an exercise in futility. Writing letters to elected representatives is futile enough, writing letters to unelected bureaucrats is comical.

Do you guys really think writing letters to the ATF is going to do anything that could even be construed in the slightest as positive, if anything at all? Come on now. Talk about an exercise in futility. Writing letters to elected representatives is futile enough, writing letters to unelected bureaucrats is comical.

Seems like it may have had some effect on the NFA trust issue?

So far it's delayed the trust ruling for at least a year maybe a year and a half so... Yeah, I think it's worth a shot. We may not win in the end but maybe we delay it for a year while they write 100,000+ responses.

Not to mention, we have a GOP trying to make hay out of Executive abuse of power - the problem is that most of them are so divorced from 2A issues they may not even realize what's going on.

Overwhelming response will delay them long enough for us to raise this issue up to a higher level.

Not to mention, we have a GOP trying to make hay out of Executive abuse of power - the problem is that most of them are so divorced from 2A issues they may not even realize what's going on.

Overwhelming response will delay them long enough for us to raise this issue up to a higher level.

Yup. And the NRA, while not perfect, is getting the word out that ATF is trying ban common AR15 ammo under a completely false pretense.

While it may not seem like it to those of us on NES that live in MA, I think the country as a whole is more pro-gun than it has ever been in decades. Lots and lots of "normal" people own and shoot ARs.

- - - Updated - - -

Was going to post this in the "Funny Picture Thread" I had a laugh when I just opened my email:
HomeEmail021815.jpg

Why is anyone talking about the prices increasing? Price increases in a scenario like this are good and healthy signs of Capitalism at work! The thing to be talking about is only the terrible nature of the ATF, which is creating a panic, not the prices the panic is causing IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom