• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Agents Raid Home of Youtube Gun Personality FPSRussia

Primus, the place you went wrong in this thread is right here:

PrimusTactical said:
Hate to say it, but if the guy didn't flaunt all his stuff all over the internet he'd never be in trouble. Yes may be a dumb license, etc. etc. But if he just stuck with his buddies and did it on their own private time/land then no one would bother them. Start flaunting your stuff around and someone comes a knocking (see: Flashbanging).....

FPSRussia is a businessman. He makes money by posting videos on Youtube and collecting ad revenue (plus he sells t-shirts etc). If he doesn't "flaunt" his stuff on the Internet, he doesn't make a living.

I think the fundamental issue many have with your attitude is that you seem to be assuming that he has done something illegal, when the article shows that no evidence of illegal activity was found despite a 40 person raid on his home. His rights were trampled upon in a vain attempt to find something illegal, and they found nothing at all. The ATF should not be raiding people's houses just because they think there might be something illegal.

Rad- did i say anywhere that i agree with him? No. I just get tired of seeing anyone with an opposing opinion get shit on. Why not just stay on topic? He has his opinion, i strongly disagree so maybe i say that, then move on. No reason to derail everything.

I remember seeing that thread from the other day about the DUI check points. It was an EPIC out yourself thread.

Correct. Again, PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS INTO OUI THREAD, my point in the thread was that the COURTS (same courts he just quoted about any person can have the same weapons the military does) said the checkpoints are legal. Your proving my point, I believe in LEGAL stuff.

Primus, the place you went wrong in this thread is right here:

FPSRussia is a businessman. He makes money by posting videos on Youtube and collecting ad revenue (plus he sells t-shirts etc). If he doesn't "flaunt" his stuff on the Internet, he doesn't make a living.

I think the fundamental issue many have with your attitude is that you seem to be assuming that he has done something illegal, when the article shows that no evidence of illegal activity was found despite a 40 person raid on his home. His rights were trampled upon in a vain attempt to find something illegal, and they found nothing at all. The ATF should not be raiding people's houses just because they think there might be something illegal.

I agree. But again, from the other side of the equation (guy trying to find bad guys), like I said previously if he posts thing that look illegal (big BOOMS) then it may be P/C to get he warrant to go search. Again, it's using the legal system. I understand he is a business man, that's awesome he his. How many guys on here watch what they say about what they own because they don't want to get in trouble? It's the same thing... and I'll try one last time... I never said if i thought anything was legal/illegal good/bad.

Repeatedly getting in arguments with shooters, and routinely trolling threads on the largest forum in the Northeast is a weird way to grow a training business.

Correct. Again, PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS INTO OUI THREAD, my point in the thread was that the COURTS (same courts he just quoted about any person can have the same weapons the military does) said the checkpoints are legal. Your proving my point, I believe in LEGAL stuff.

Legal dosn't always mean right. I could hop in on this dogpile but i think MLAboss said it best:

+1

I agree. But again, from the other side of the equation (guy trying to find bad guys), like I said previously if he posts thing that look illegal (big BOOMS) then it may be P/C to get he warrant to go search. Again, it's using the legal system. I understand he is a business man, that's awesome he his. How many guys on here watch what they say about what they own because they don't want to get in trouble? It's the same thing... and I'll try one last time... I never said if i thought anything was legal/illegal good/bad.

So if you can't find them... you make them!

FPSRussia can do whatever he wants, with anything that he owns.

This Government has gone FR.

The only thing they wanted to do was check out any toys he may or may not have had. Period.

Repeatedly getting in arguments with shooters, and routinely trolling threads on the largest forum in the Northeast is a weird way to grow a training business.

Not trolling for anything, ever actually. I know guys don't believe that because they come in on page 48 and they see "PT u suck!! u are so against me and my rights! You shoot puppies! etc. etc." That's the problem with forums sometimes. There have been numerous guys in this thread and others that have said the same thing I do, the guy who is down the middle on stuff get s shouted down by other guys and labeled a anti or something else. It's all or nothing on here sometimes. It's either pro gun for everyone with everything at everytime, or nothing for anyone and everyone is slaves. That sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at the words I bolded, Those are very weak in regards to obtaining a search warrant.

I agree, takes more then just a video, but I'm sure there is thousands of videos of him doing it. And it's not a video from 10 years ago.. he makes videos often enough that a resonable person would believe that he has a stock pile on hand somewhere. Your opinion? You have alot of experience and I'm trying to gain it so I'm curious what you think.

The piling on in this thread is why i never post anymore. You're either with the group or you're the enemy, no middle ground ever. NES doesn't like dissenting opinions, posters would rather drive off the people who aren't as hard-core as they "should" be.

Is it me, or has there been an abundance of posts lately from people who "never post here anymore"?

Big booms are not evidence of illegal activity. He's out on private land, setting off explosions with Tannerite, which is completely legal. If they used the Tannerite explosions in his videos as PC for a search warrant, then that is 100% complete and utter BS.

We have an entire subforum dedicated to showing off people's guns (Gun Gallery). People talk about what they own all the time. Posting pictures of legal activities and/or items Internet should not be probable cause for a search warrant, and in 99.99% of cases it isn't. This is a case of a search warrant being granted on the flimsiest of grounds.

I agree, takes more then just a video, but I'm sure there is thousands of videos of him doing it. And it's not a video from 10 years ago.. he makes videos often enough that a resonable person would believe that he has a stock pile on hand somewhere. Your opinion? You have alot of experience and I'm trying to gain it so I'm curious what you think.

Define reasonable.

Also, since when is stockpiling illegal or indicative of criminal intent?

Big booms are not evidence of illegal activity. He's out on private land, setting off explosions with Tannerite, which is completely legal. If they used the Tannerite explosions in his videos as PC for a search warrant, then that is 100% complete and utter BS.

We have an entire subforum dedicated to showing off people's guns (Gun Gallery). People talk about what they own all the time. Posting pictures of legal activities and/or items Internet should not be probable cause for a search warrant, and in 99.99% of cases it isn't. This is a case of a search warrant being granted on the flimsiest of grounds.

Again, I personally don't know anything then what is in the article that we all saw. It states that was the reason. Not saying good/bad, I'd need to see/know more. Just saying it's possible to get jammed up with posting illegal stuff and it's not good.

- - - Updated - - -

Define reasonable.

Also, since when is stockpiling illegal or indicative of criminal intent?

Only if there is a limit to the amount you can have. This article was talking about Tennerite is legal to have up to a certain amount. So I guess stockpiling anything over x amount of lbs would become illegal.

I think you missed my point.

I'm certain I did. I assum you may have meant something negative about it (you didn't elaborate). But either way what you said is true, there are more guys posting on here saying they never post anymore because it's all or nothing. I don't know these guys but they are coming out and saying it...

Again, I personally don't know anything then what is in the article that we all saw. It states that was the reason. Not saying good/bad, I'd need to see/know more. Just saying it's possible to get jammed up with posting illegal stuff and it's not good.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if there is a limit to the amount you can have. This article was talking about Tennerite is legal to have up to a certain amount. So I guess stockpiling anything over x amount of lbs would become illegal.

Obviously posting illegal stuff is dumb. That is irrelevant to this topic because nothing FPSRussia posted was illegal. There is not a limit to how much Tannerite you can have, only how much you can mix in a single batch. Before it is mixed, Tannerite is not considered an explosive.

The fact that you are unwilling to express an opinion on whether this situation is good or bad is exactly why you are catching so much flak. This is a clear example of a pointless search that accomplished nothing other than wasting resources and invading someone's home. That is bad, and if you cannot recognize or acknowledge that then you really need to think hard about why that is.

He makes you tube videos..

Doesn't that make him a de facto "film company" and thus exempt from all laws everywhere? If mark Wahlberg as a convicted felon is able to run around with machine guns blowing up crap, as a convicted felon... Why not this guy. Granted, he is not as good an actor..

I don't think this is correct.

Per CFR, federal law allows you to possess 50 lbs of “pre-mixed” powder for sporting use. A state such as Maryland has a limit of 5 pounds. This means that you may not possess over 5 pounds of “mixed” Tannerite at any given time in Maryland, however, you may possess as much UNMIXED Tannerite as you wish, and combine the binary targets in smaller quantities as you shoot them.

Tannerite® For Civilian Applications « Tannerite Exploding Targets Official Website

About time the kgb took down that capitalist pig.

See, see what I did there? Kinda expanded on the atf is the kgb...

Tannerite is a binary product. Federal law restricts the amount of pre-mixed powder, not the total amount you can have.

FPSRussia could have five tons of the stuff as long as it's not mixed.

Back
Top Bottom