• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arsenal Found on the Cape!

You could have left it alone before you raked me. If you can't talk about it for "obvious reasons" then you shouldn't be commenting at all except to brag that you may have more knowledge of the case than the rest. To what end? Degrade others to make yourself look superior? Nice job.... Thank you for your comments.
sks...my comments are by no means meant to make myself look superior..not my style. I am also not looking to degrade anyone..again not my style. My comments were simply in response to your post indicating that his rights MUST have been violated. I apologize if my posts were taken the wrong way by you. Other than the ridiculousness and embarrassing behavior surrounding the media, I fail to see the issues with this case. A person knowingly possesses firearms without a license. Police learn of this possession...... Police investigate this possession.... Police develop probable cause....... Police obtain a search warrant signed by a magistrate... Police execute search warrant..... Police locate firearms..... The fact that people here do not like the law does not make it any fault of the police.

christopher_lee1.jpg

this is who i thought of.... (he played Dracula, Saruman (LotR), Count Dooku (star wars))

Winner!!

Maybe the guns were in his house when he inherited it.

It really doesn't matter though, he was in possession without a license. We all follow the letter of the law, and I expect him to as well.

Cocked and Locked has always been pretty straight forward with his remarks about policy, both pro and con. I don't think he owes us any further explanation. He was basically saying.... wait and see. Makes sense to me.

?????

well here is a prime case for SCOTUS.he is not a felon so if the constitution protects right of citizens to keep and bear arms what now.maybe he had a FID and is one of 1,500.000 missing gun owners.it was issued for life,how many know it is not any more.[laugh]

I heard a report on WBUR about this. The "defendant" is saying he didn't need a license because the 2A guarantees his right to own the firearms. This one could get interesting.

This is christopher Lee of horror film fame as well as the other previously mentioned.

The pic of all the guns laid out on the tarp looks like an average gun show from a free state.

At one time I was thinking about moving to your lovely state but after I found out what the political and legal situation was like I totally wrote it off.

I have a feeling we would be tad bit more free living in the Peoples Republic Of California than in Taxachusetts (the Postal clerk from my local area called it that when I mentioned I was looking at the area as a possible relocation destination).

I hope the Heller case can be of some assistance as a precedent to this victim of the Corrupt establishment.

christopher_lee1.jpg

this is who i thought of.... (he played Dracula, Saruman (LotR), Count Dooku (star wars))

Hey, I'm all for "raging against the man," but if this guy did indeed have an unregistered short barreled shotgun and full-auto M-14 as reported, then he broke the law in all 50 states, and he's not exactly my idea of a posterchild for the oppressed gunowner. Even if he does look like Jeff Corey.

180px-Plasus.jpg

Good call...but it's not who I was thinking...but he might fit better.

I can see the guy.... I remember him playing a dooms day person on the side of the street in New York...but i can't place the movie, or the person.

I think that I've even heard his voice on several commercials.

It's driving me nuts!

I hope one of our attorneys corrects me if I'm wrong, but I believe that a restraining order does constitute grounds for seizing firearms and ammunition. And if he seemed uncooperative or was caught giving false information, I believe a search can be made. In any case, the firearms on his person with no LTC is grounds for arrest.

Yes it does. One of my club members ( he's here too... ) had that happen to him and they cleaned him out while the case was in progress. They put it all back after the end of the case.

Joe R>

Yes it does
It is not only "grounds for", but if a MA restraining order is issued under 209A, the judge does not have the authority to issue the order without firearms confiscation. Your friend was lucky - There was a case where two accomplished attorneys (Tierney and Forrest) appealed the non-renewal of an LTC was rejected because of a Wakefield policy that once a restraining order, other than an emergency order, has been issued the subject has been found to present a danger to others, and the expiration of the order does not nullify that judicial finding so that no LTC will ever be issued to such a person. See Howard v. Chief of Police of Wakefield, 59 Mass. App. 901 (2003)

The applicant lost, and the Wakefield PD's policy that an expired restraining order is a lifetime ban for applicants in that town was upheld. This is the kind of case that might be viewed differently in a post-Heller world, since the court specifically used the fact that gun ownership is not a liberty or a right in justifying the decision.

Ya know...we don't have the facts of the case...just some hyped up news story from a liberal rag that's anti-gun.

This was my first thought, too. Classic bed-wetting, liberal journalism - with hints of grandeur (unrelenting sun...). This was a journalist's chance at their 15 minutes of fame, so they poured it on. The .50 caliber "sniper rifle" was a great touch. Trash.

Soo....you know nothing abouth the FACTS of this case..only what was in an article written by one of the most liberal rags in the commonwealth and you make a statement like that!!

Come on. This is a perfect example of how some on this forum lose credibility when attempting to criticize the police.

A search of a home where someone is ILLEGALLY possessing guns!! Oh it must be an illegal search!!

I happen to have personal knowledge on the FACTS of this case. This case started with a BATFE agent in my office. I had nothing to do with the execution of the search of the house but I do know of the FACTS that led up to it.

I am not a fan of the Barnstable PD Detectives and I will not hesitate to criticize when warranted but other than a "over the top..the world is scary" article written by a rag of a newspaper there was nothing wrong here on behalf of the police.

I will not get into all of the facts of this case at this time for obvious reasons but let's leave it at that.

Clearly the issue here is the way the flaming, sensationalist, chicken little, liberal media presented the issue. Of course we know what it takes to legally possess and carry firearms in this state. Whether we agree with those laws or not, we risk getting caught and end up on the 6 o'clock news if we circumvent them. I, for one, have respect for the police and look upon them as any other group of people....most are good, some aren't. A little simplistic I know, but simplicity is something we should strive for more of in this state :)

Hey, I'm all for "raging against the man," but if this guy did indeed have an unregistered short barreled shotgun and full-auto M-14 as reported, then he broke the law in all 50 states, and he's not exactly my idea of a posterchild for the oppressed gunowner.
So not paying a $200 tax for each of them means now that he's a criminal? That sound right to you?

if this guy did indeed have an unregistered short barreled shotgun and full-auto M-14 as reported,

We should never repeat this kind of conjecture, even with "if...indeed"s.

We know that any M-14 looking gun had not yet been test fired (or even inspected disassembled) by the time of the report so you know this is just part of the reporter's PSH.

Also, by the tone of the article you can tell that any legal 18" barreled shotgun is reported as "sawed off". If there was a 10" shotty, it would have been photographed separately.

The whole thing looks like a legal collection in most states of this country.

Good call...but it's not who I was thinking...but he might fit better.

I can see the guy.... I remember him playing a dooms day person on the side of the street in New York...but i can't place the movie, or the person.

I think that I've even heard his voice on several commercials.

It's driving me nuts!

Thankfully it's not a long drive C-pher!!! [rofl]

high-powered assault rifles,

They just love to throw in buzz words like this don't they?
Assault weapons (or homeland security rifles, as I like to call them) are intermediate caliber by their very definition. But that just wont grab the headlines like "high-powered" will it. Typical media BS. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

I'll give Half Cocked better than the benefit of the doubt on this one. He says he has first hand knowledge of the incident, and that works for me.

The guy had an RO on him, that may be standard fare in most divorce cases, but it does affect your owning or possessing a firearm.

I'd say he was in clear violation of that bit, and likely in violation of NFA '34.

So, I say the media trumped the story up, and the arrest is legit.

Yeah, failure to pay a $200 tax (and register said MG's), but doing that is still illegal, and hasn't been overturned yet.

The guy sounds like an idiot who broke a whole lot of firearms laws, whether we find the laws to be "reasonable" or not. Certainly isn't a good example of a responsible gun owner. However, the story is hyped and exaggerated beyond belief! I wouldn't call that an arsenal, I'd call it a nice collection! Fred would call it a weak collection. It'll be interesting to see if better information will come out about the circumstances.

The guy sounds like an idiot who broke a whole lot of firearms laws, whether we find the laws to be "reasonable" or not. Certainly isn't a good example of a responsible gun owner. However, the story is hyped and exaggerated beyond belief! I wouldn't call that an arsenal, I'd call it a nice collection! Fred would call it a weak collection. It'll be interesting to see if better information will come out about the circumstances.

Fred must be quite a character! He keeps being mentioned in the oddest threads! [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom