• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arsenal Found on the Cape!

Why is everyone glossing over the fact that this all started with a 209a?.
Possibly because we know how easy they are to get and how hard they are to get rid of... and how often some slimy divorce lawyer advises his client to get one just to improve her bargaining position.

He reminds me of an actor..but I can't place my finger on it...

I think he's always playing end of the world, doom and gloom wacko parts.
Bruce Dern?

How about his "history of mental illness, according to court records"?

Just trying to be fair and balanced.

The thing is, what exactly is a history of mental illness? Is it an involuntary committment(s) (eg, things that would even make him federally disqualified) or is it his ex-wife being on the record testifying at an RO hearing that he was "prone to violent outbusts" and then that getting nicely contorted into mental illness?

FWIW I do think there is "more to the story" here, but on its front it looks like a textbook 209A deal. Of course, as you're probably aware, WRT ROs, the subject of the order is basically
considered by the system to be guilty until proven innocent anyways...

-Mike

Last edited:
I smell a court challenge brewing - and if he had them stored in his home

I could be wrong, but I don't think that having a gun or ammunition stored at home without a license is an arrestable offense in MA (it's a violation of C 140 S 129C, but not the more serious C 269 S 10). So I'm assuming there are more charges than just that.

Why is everyone glossing over the fact that this all started with a 209a?

I think it's because absent other evidence, a 209A by itself doesn't mean much. Any female can file one of them against a male they had some kind of relationship with, lie 110% with regards to merit for obtaining it, and basically get away with it, at least for awhile. In MA a woman could file a 209A against an amputee man in a wheelchair (eg, someone incapable of actually hurting anyone and it would stick at least until the first real hearing, or possibly longer. That's how the system works in this state.

-Mike

I could be wrong, but I don't think that having a gun or ammunition stored at home without a license is an arrestable offense in MA (it's a violation of C 140 S 129C, but not the more serious C 269 S 10). So I'm assuming there are more charges than just that.

The article on the website says there were several sawed off shotguns and an M14 converted to full auto. If those things are true, he's pretty well screwed.

The article also said the RO said he had to turn over guns, and when he got his car searched they found several, which a reasonable person might think was the basis of the search warrant for the house. If HalfCocked is not half cocked, then that might have been just a pretext for BATFE to obtain an otherwise unobtainable and utterly illegal search warrant.

The article on the website says there were several sawed off shotguns and an M14 converted to full auto. If those things are true, he's pretty well screwed.
Which might explain why the ATF was involved.

My first thought on seeing the title? "Oh no Fred!"

If they think NATO is a big deal on the side of a box, what would they think of 1,000+ cases with Cyrillic, Greek, and Serbian on them!!

"Under an unrelenting sun" ???? Ok Hemingway, WTF

The Cape Cod Times has turned into a more prose oriented rag than a news reporting paper. They seem to attract the graduates of the classes that teach story writing rather than news reporting.

Best news outlet on the Cape is http://www.capecodtoday.com/ You will see stuff there you will not see anywhere else.

Last edited:
Yup, if true, that could be bye-bye for life.

I wonder if a good lawyer could get the search warrant invalidated based on it being trumped up? (if it was)

Then, everything they found, they couldn't charge him with, except the ones in his car, which he could defend on the basis of Heller.

They couldn't return them to him so he'd be off the hook, more or less.

I wonder if a good lawyer could get the search warrant invalidated based on it being trumped up? (if it was)

Then, everything they found, they couldn't charge him with, except the ones in his car, which he could defend on the basis of Heller.

They couldn't return them to him so he'd be off the hook, more or less.

I'm pretty sure they would have him nailed just on the one he had on his person.

He reminds me of an actor..but I can't place my finger on it...

I think he's always playing end of the world, doom and gloom wacko parts.

I'll bet the actor is Bruce Dern

11010380_gal.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they would have him nailed just on the one he had on his person.

Nah. According to the police report it was just a "daringer" (their spelling).

Even counting the ones in the car, he'd be in trouble, but not sent up for life.

With the Heller decision thrown in just to make the judge nervous, maybe he'd get off on that too.

I don't think its really likely, but maybe.

His main problem is getting the search warrant thrown out to even have a chance.

Ya know...we don't have the facts of the case...just some hyped up news story from a liberal rag that's anti-gun.

Now it seems to me, that everything else aside, the guy IS in violation of the law, no LTC, no FID maybe he even has a few firearms that need special licensing like a sawed off shotgun or an M14 that is equipped with a selective fire switch..maybe, maybe not...but here's the point:

We pride ourselves on being law abiding...we went out and spent money for training and licensure to ensure that we would follow the law. We didn't jam a derringer in our pocket and say we didn't need some kind of permit because we were protected by the 2A...

Now you know the gun laws in Mass suck, and I know they suck...but we still follow them. This guy didn't. Even Heller states that the state has the authority to demand that firearms owners be licensed...

So rather than immediately jump on the bandwagon to support this guy, let's see what the real story is. It might have to do with more than a 209a. I smell a cover story on this one.

This guy is unemployed, yet has 16 grand with him and a very expensive firearms collection...very interesting, I'd say.

My two euros,

Mark L.

This guy is unemployed, yet has 16 grand with him and a very expensive firearms collection...very interesting, I'd say.
Mark, FRED is unemployed and he has a collection that would put this guy's to shame!

I don't know what he's got for cash, but he's gotta have some or he couldn't afford all those nice toys! (OK, yes, I know Fred is a bit older and is retired, but who's to say that this guy isn't just a shrewd businessman? Or got it left to him with the house that he's running into the ground?)

My £2.00

What do you think, dealing without a license?

One can infer from that large sum of cash that he was dealing without a license but without any proof or a witness it's pure speculation and pretty sure it won't hold up in court..besides, drug deal popped into my mind when I read unemployed and 16k in cash in his pocket. But what do I know. He could have hit the lottery although that could be traced.

Webster, who is not employed, told police during the July 1 incident that he didn't need a gun permit because the U.S. Constitution gives him the right to bear arms, Murphy said.

Well, he might be unemployed and crazy, but at least he is right about one thing....

Webster, who is not employed, told police during the July 1 incident that he didn't need a gun permit because the U.S. Constitution gives him the right to bear arms, Murphy said.

Shocking, maybe Florida doesn't require a license for a firearm like almost every other state???! Horror of horrors!

I fail to see what crime was committed (apart from breaking MA BS gun laws). This guy will now go to jail for a long time because of his wife's word with no proof needed (restraining order).

The police and media sure love all the buzz words though.

The guy sound like a kook but apart from the BS gun charges he did not commit a crime and there is no evidence he was planning to commit any crime.
I beleive the article in question mentioned he has a history of mental problems. Surely that is why he can't have necessary permits. Lawyers will hash it all out for a price.

Ya know...we don't have the facts of the case...just some hyped up news story from a liberal rag that's anti-gun.

Webster is believed to have lived on the property for some time, police said. A deceased friend willed the property to Webster

Is it possible he also inherited, some cash and maybe the gun collection?

Back
Top Bottom