Arsenal Found on the Cape!

looks like the guy had good taste in firearms. I see several there I'd like to have.

Imagine if they busted some of us. The story would have to read.......something like....

And spread out on a tarp in the front yard were 20 safes full of what are thought to be guns and ammunition. Mr (insert name here... Flotter, Coyle, depicts, Rambo, Bill Cody) admitted to police he did in fact purchase the safes to hold his gun collection which he said was almost complete... he only need ONE MORE and he'd be done. [rofl][rofl][rofl]

Give me a break.

They would not say the guns were removed from safes bolted to the concrete floor. They would say the guns were found in the house. Might even say "hidden" in the basement.

Did you see the guy on the news looking at the Kel-Tec Sub 2000? Pointing it in every direction looking to see how it folds maybe?

looks like the guy had good taste in firearms. I see several there I'd like to have.

Imagine if they busted some of us. The story would have to read.......something like....

And spread out on a tarp in the front yard were 20 safes full of what are thought to be guns and ammunition. Mr (insert name here... Flotter, Coyle, depicts, Rambo, Bill Cody) admitted to police he did in fact purchase the safes to hold his gun collection which he said was almost complete... he only need ONE MORE and he'd be done. [rofl][rofl][rofl]

Give me a break.

For a minute I thought it was ME!!!! [rofl][rofl]

Fred

I like the way they set up the AR with it's scary features and 50 caliber. Then they showed the 50 cal bullets as if to demonstrate they found machine guns in the lot.

The inert WW1 bomb they panned towards several times was definately news worthy and you just know they all would have been standing their around it had it been live.

this guys rights had to be violated somewhere in this deal.

Soo....you know nothing abouth the FACTS of this case..only what was in an article written by one of the most liberal rags in the commonwealth and you make a statement like that!!

Come on. This is a perfect example of how some on this forum lose credibility when attempting to criticize the police.

A search of a home where someone is ILLEGALLY possessing guns!! Oh it must be an illegal search!!

I happen to have personal knowledge on the FACTS of this case. This case started with a BATFE agent in my office. I had nothing to do with the execution of the search of the house but I do know of the FACTS that led up to it.

I am not a fan of the Barnstable PD Detectives and I will not hesitate to criticize when warranted but other than a "over the top..the world is scary" article written by a rag of a newspaper there was nothing wrong here on behalf of the police.

I will not get into all of the facts of this case at this time for obvious reasons but let's leave it at that.

*cries* now they will probably just destroy those for scrap metal...or some bad cop will have some new toys.

I don't understand... he had a SNIPER RIFLE!! Why weren't planes flying over the Cape getting shot down? Why hasn't there been a huge crime spree on the Cape?

Oh... right. Just another harmless gun owner getting reamed by a 209A and the media. Move along, no civil rights violations to see here!

What more was to it? I didn't see it in the article.

Martlet...that is my point. You cannot base your opinions off of what is written in a newspaper article. Unless they are quoting a police report or affidavit or covering a trial, they do not have the information. The police do not give them ALL details. The police just summarize to the press unless they are asked a specific question.

Ok- yeah the media hype gets sickening but does anyone care to comment on this:

"Webster faces 10 counts of illegal gun possession without a license and one count of illegal possession of ammunition."

How about his "history of mental illness, according to court records"?

Just trying to be fair and balanced.

Soo....you know nothing abouth the FACTS of this case..only what was in an article written by one of the most liberal rags in the commonwealth and you make a statement like that!!

I know as much about anyone else out here except for you obviously.

Come on. This is a perfect example of how some on this forum lose credibility when attempting to criticize the police..

I never criticized the police. My comment was referring to the process. Why did it take two weeks to get a warrant? They were stalking this guy (right, you would say investigating)

His privacy wasn't invaded? What crime did he commit or what illegal act was committed to put this guy on the radar? NONE!!!! Just a off the wall comment by an ex who was pissed off and she was probably deliberately asked of her knowledge pertaining to firearms when she filed the order. She wasn't even sure according to the article. But you have more knowledge as to the facts than I.

A search of a home where someone is ILLEGALLY possessing guns!! Oh it must be an illegal search!!.

How did anyone know he was illegally posessing a gun? Accoding to the liberal reporter his ex indicated he might have a firearm as he had one in the past. She had no idea if he still possessed a firearm. Why was she so credible? Because she filed a restraining order a year and a half later.....

I happen to have personal knowledge on the FACTS of this case. This case started with a BATFE agent in my office. I had nothing to do with the execution of the search of the house but I do know of the FACTS that led up to it..
If true then you are more qualified to comment on this than I.

I am not a fan of the Barnstable PD Detectives and I will not hesitate to criticize when warranted but other than a "over the top..the world is scary" article written by a rag of a newspaper there was nothing wrong here on behalf of the police..
I have nothing against any PD. My hat is off to all those who serve with honor.

I will not get into all of the facts of this case at this time for obvious reasons but let's leave it at that.

You could have left it alone before you raked me. If you can't talk about it for "obvious reasons" then you shouldn't be commenting at all except to brag that you may have more knowledge of the case than the rest. To what end? Degrade others to make yourself look superior? Nice job....

Thank you for your comments.

What more was to it? I didn't see it in the article.

What more was to it?

In the wake of Heller there HAD to be a major news story, preferably in a gun controlled state, notwithstanding HC's insider info.

This guy is just some relatively harmless guy with a fascination for guns. Probably the illegallity of it made him feel more powerful.

Anyway, if BATFE really did already know about this guy, the fact that they acted days after the arrest says they knew about it for a while and did nothing. Why not? Because he is so wiley that they needed to build their case carefully? Because the 4 or 5 rounds per gun made them think they needed a military strike? Maybe the 50lbs of bp scared them off?

The decision to go after this guy "now" had to be purely political.

Of course, if they now find diaries outlining his plans to slay every living being on Cape Cod, I'll feel plenty silly, but I don't really expect that to be the case.

Well it is painfully obvious where the new twist to gun rights restrictions will come from in the future.

Channel 5 is doing a story this evening on how the mentally infirmed are getting the guns and skirting the MA gun laws. It was announced directly after this stupendous find in Barnstable this morning.

Here is the prelude

Gun owners will be required to get notes from doctors for the COP
Doctors will not give notes to anyone that was ever treated for anything.
Medical insurance rates will sky rocket as doctors get sued for giving a note.
Doctors will refuse to give notes to people applying
COP's will refuse to issue without the note
Gun owners will be back doored once again by a law that does not prevent crime and has no meaningful influence over crime.

It's all about proving your mentally capable and not suicidal from here on out.

This guy will now go to jail for a long time because of his wife's word with no proof needed (restraining order).

Nah. He'll get 5 years probation like every other criminal and be out on the street again. Remember, this is MA and the system is really broken.

Bob

Martlet...that is my point. You cannot base your opinions off of what is written in a newspaper article. Unless they are quoting a police report or affidavit or covering a trial, they do not have the information. The police do not give them ALL details. The police just summarize to the press unless they are asked a specific question.

Which is why I asked my question. What happened that lead to a search?

Oh yea, As far as the police go on this and the job they did, perhaps there was more to it and perhaps he did deserve to be disarmed. They did a fine job feeding into the press frenzy this morning with the guns all lined up on the tarp, bullets (1000 rounds), inert bomb ... Seems the press had a pretty accurate inventory of the weapons but were not as articulate on the facts of the story that are said to be missing.

The story is one sided trash and was intended to be from the beginning. The lawfull gun owners were porked once again by the press.

Geez, I was just down in Marstons Mills and would have been happy to hold this guy's guns for him [smile]. While I just skimmed the article (couldn't stomach reading the whole thing), my initial impression was that it was a shame the dude had the guns illegally instead of getting his license, and a shame in general that he even needs a license. Other than that, just a ho-hum case of a guy not doing something the right way and getting caught for it, except for the irresponsible and excitable reporting.

After lots of this kind of reporting, I think if the anti's really knew the 'arsenals' most of us have in our houses, their eyes would bug out permanently.

Geez, I was just down in Marstons Mills and would have been happy to hold this guy's guns for him [smile]. While I just skimmed the article (couldn't stomach reading the whole thing), my initial impression was that it was a shame the dude had the guns illegally instead of getting his license, and a shame in general that he even needs a license. Other than that, just a ho-hum case of a guy not doing something the right way and getting caught for it, except for the irresponsible and excitable reporting.

After lots of this kind of reporting, I think if the anti's really knew the 'arsenals' most of us have in our houses, their eyes would bug out permanently.

Seriously. I know most of us here have a preference for one type of gun or another and thus have several models by one maker that might appear identical to the average disarmed individual. I have a hard enough time explaining it to the people I love, I can't imagine explaining it to the media.

Here's the smiley you're looking for:
yikes.gif

(Devil Patrick after looking into Ray's or Fred's safes...)

Last edited:
This case started with a BATFE agent in my office.

I'll throw in my guess, and we can have a contest to see who guesses closest.

I'll be that some FFL gave up his license, and as the BAtF was computerizing his 4473, some agent did a search for "really scarry" guns, e.g. 50 cal rifles. When they saw this guy as having bought a 50 cal and living in MA, they decided to check if he had an FID.

Finding that he did not, they began working on building a case against him -- but just the fact that at some point he purchased an 50 cal was not enough (he might have kept it out of state, or sold it FTF when out of state). So, they interviewed his ex-wife.

The rest of the story is in the papers.

I like this comment attributed to him

"the Constitution of the United States allowed him to bear arms thus he did not need any permit."

I smell a court challenge brewing - and if he had them stored in his home, he at least has some leg to stand on after Heller. Guess we need to start a Webster fund now.

MARSTONS MILLS — Under an unrelenting sun, a massive collection of deadly weaponry was displayed yesterday afternoon at 3640 Falmouth Road in the woods overlooking Mill Pond.

Yes, it's very "deadly" sitting out there on a tarp, doing nothing. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom