Armslist starting to piss me off!!!!

Armslist is hit or miss. I get the feeling that local Mass FFL's will pose as sellers selling neat things for cheap. You will talk to them via email and the guy will be like "oh hey meet me at this gun store at this time" Then you get there and the guy won't answer emails or phone calls and the local shop will be like. "yeah no one came in looking to transfer a K98, but I got this great $400 beat to shit last ditch Arisaka it's just as good as a K98"

As someone whose worked behind the counter a few times, nobody is going to waste that kind of time setting up a ruse to try to con some guy into buying a shitty milsurp. Does not compute.

-Mike

Dont get me wrong, I have bought and sold a lot of firearms on Armslist and never felt screwed either way, same goes for craigslist but lately its been crazy. I'm dealing with a guy now that I'm about to tell to pound sand. He was desperate to sell a pistol, he offered to meet half way if I paid asking price. I agreed to that and I have have been getting the runaround. Was supposed to meet him 3 days ago. the meet up point gets closer to his house every time I talk to him. Tonight is his last chance and he can sell it to someone else.

After the first time that would have been the end of that. Then again my attitude is different, if someone flakes its more like "ok this pos just cost me $90-$250", or "time I could have spent with my friends somewhere now that I allocated the night off".

-Mike

UPDATE!
So after I had enough of the run around, I told the guy I am moving on. Minutes after that he finally called me and said he wanted to meet. I had to drive a little further than planned, an hour each way but he did end up coming through.
Here's what I picked up. M&P Shield in 45 with Apex aluminum trigger, TFX Truglo Pro sights, 4 mags, a decent bladetech kydex holster, box, manuals, factory trigger and sights. The gun looks brand new as he described. I felt it was well worth the drive (but not the run around). He threw in 3 mags of Federal defense rounds that he wouldn't be using anymore.
IMG_4647.JPG IMG_4645.JPG IMG_4649.JPG IMG_4646.JPG

Last edited:
I have some items for sale on the LetGo ap, one was a new BlackHawk sling, had a kid come on and ask me if I’d sell him a rifle to go with it and stated “Some small problem though, I don’t have an LTC. I don’t want to go on a shooting spree or anything, just for home defense.”
Should have told him about the special "online purchase certificate"
to buy a gun for home use without an LTC,
available from any police station since the laws were rewritten in 2014.
Just belly right up to the dispatch window and ask for it by name.
Someone will be out to the lobby to help you fill it out, forthwith

Last time I used Armslist was back in the spring. I went back and forth with the guy via email and text and set up a time to meet. Everything was totally normal then he ghosted me the day of the meet.
He reposted the same ad for the next three months. It was annoying.
All my other dealings on Armslist have been totally uneventful.
I've never had any issues whatsoever with NES folks. They are good people.
The only trouble with Armslist and flakes is that it takes 10+ "flags" to get an ad removed.

I’ve sold and bought a handful of guns on armslist. It’s had its share of headaches and scammy nonsense but it’s not so much worse than NES that I won’t list things there.

The worst thing is the “Still available?” Email. Can’t stand that shit.
I don't even respond to the "still available" emails. I state in my ad that if you're interested, respond with a time and location. I just ignore "still available" or "I'm interested" responses.

The reality is my Armslist guns sell and MY NES listings get used for show and tell because they never sell anymore. They used to, but not anymore for some reason. I don't ship and have the buyer come to me and this weeds out a lot of problems.
You're not a native Vermonter by chance, are you? "I paid $100 for this gun in 1950, and I know that it's worth $500 now and I'm not taking a penny less!" ;)

The reality is my Armslist guns sell and MY NES listings get used for show and tell because they never sell anymore. They used to, but not anymore for some reason. I don't ship and have the buyer come to me and this weeds out a lot of problems.
My experience is the same. I always post my things both places but they always seem to get a lot more attention and eventually sell through armslist.

Any thing I’ve tried to buy on armslist doesn’t end up happening... it’s usually a scam, and I figure that out very quickly.

I have sold a few items there though and usually for a higher price than I can get from here.

I’d rather buy and sell here because every transaction or meeting I’ve had with people here has been fantastic.

I have had zero issues buying from armslist. I have no feedback on selling there though. I will say the issues people here are describing about armslist i have had on this site selling items. Many people saying they will buy items then ghosting at last minute. I also had 2 items i agreed to purchase and after agreeing on a time to meet was also ignored. Lets not kid ourselves that the people on here are far superior than armslist. Shit bags are everywhere. I am just olds school. Don't agree to buy something if you are not sure. At the very least contact the person and let them know you have to back out.

Back during the last scare i responded to an ad for several hundred unobtainable CCI standard .22lr. I drove almost an hour. I was about five minutes from his place and he called saying his son wanted it so it was spoken for. I'd been trading calls so he was in my contact list. I added Douchebag to his name.

About a year later there is a Burris Timberline 4-14 on a PEPR mount. Not for sale, he wanted to trade for a red dot. I had a Sightmark I wasn't thrilled with. I put my cell number in my response. I can now forgive Mr. Douchebag, who turned out to be a very nice disabled veteran who put his flesh and blood ahead of a stranger.

My Sightmark was about $75 new. His scope and mount package, $300+.

I've never had an NES deal go sour and only a few Armslist flakes, but I keep my scammer/flake radar on at all times.

I love venues like Armslist. I once loved Ebay too. The fewer rules and guarantees the better. Buyer beware and due diligence without further regulation makes for a more exciting marketplace and better bargain opportunities.

If you are looking for guarantees or warranties or 30 day money back no questions asked just don't participate in a free marketplace go to Wally World or Amazon.

Put on your big boy pants and take responsibility for your decisions. YMMV and just my two cents worth every bit you paid for it.

Last edited:
I just sold a gun on Armslist. Sure I had a few people over the last few weeks say they wanted it, but no one would set a date. Finally someone did and showed up. You just need to know that a few people will flake out on you. When I sell you have to come to me, this way if their is a no show I have not lost much time.

Good communication is key. The first thing I do is ask can you meet here at this time. This usually weeds out the tire kickers.

Let them know it's ok to back out just let me know. I've only had 1 no show in over 10 years. That 1 no show is when I decided that I would not travel to make a sale.

I love venues like Armslist. I once loved Ebay too. The fewer rules and guarantees the better. Buyer beware and due diligence without further regulation makes for a more exciting marketplace and better bargain opportunities.

If you are looking for guarantees or warranties or 30 day money back no questions asked just don't participate in a free marketplace to Wally World or Amazon.

Put on your big boy pants and take responsibility for your decisions. YMMV and just my two cents worth every bit you paid for it.
This is where you and i would disagree. I set standards high not low. The expectation of an adult agreeing to a deal and their word holding meaning needs to matter. Expecting and catering to bad behavior only adds to it.

This is where you and i would disagree. I set standards high not low. The expectation of an adult agreeing to a deal and their word holding meaning needs to matter. Expecting and catering to bad behavior only adds to it.

You make too many assumptions. I expect folks to honor their word. I also expect at least half the time they will disappoint. Expecting bad behavior is good policy as it never surprises me or costs me. It is figured into the transaction. Catering to bad behavior? To what are you referring? I don't cater to it I am prepared for it. It seldom has any consequences when expected.

To each his own you certainly aren't forced to conduct business on Armslist so don't. It is a venue which favors the self sufficient over the vulnerable and dependent. I find the best opportunities where the nanny state make the least intrusions to keep me safe.

Bought some gun parts from a scumbag on the site and never got the product, contacted armslist about it and received no help at all. I've also had friends that got ripped off also and got no help at all. YOU can do what ever you want to

Bought some gun parts from a scumbag on the site and never got the product, contacted armslist about it and received no help at all. I've also had friends that got ripped off also and got no help at all. YOU can do what ever you want to

Armslist isn't a store, it's a classifieds page. Don't expect customer service from Armslists. I'd no sooner complain to armslist about this than I would to craigslist for getting scammed.

Armlists rules are the same as craigslists:

Face to face, cash only, safe location.
Expect flakes, scammers, and thieves.

Why should Armslist help you? Have you read and understood their terms of service or their FAQS which clearly spell out your responsibilities?

"ARMSLIST is purely a service provider that allow sellers to list items. As such, ARMSLIST can not and will not be a party in transactions. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer and seller to conduct safe and legal transactions."

You need someone holding your hand then it isn't a place for you to play. Freedom isn't free and it comes with a great deal of responsibility. Do you feel cheated by the firearm manufacturer when you can't hit a target?

Clever. Might as well bitch to the newspaper about getting ripped off in a classified ad, which is exactly the same as bitching at Armslist.

You're the one that told everyone to "boycott it and tell everyone you know that they rip off people" because you got screwed by a seller.

Gonna have to agree with everyone else here- Armslist didn't rip you off, your seller did.

I feel that there are a lot of people that use Armslist that don't really understand how it works, and some that literally don't listen to the words that come out of my mouth. I have stood face to face with someone, told him flat out that the item had been sent back to the manufacturer for a repair, been fixed and worked great, only to have him email me 2 weeks later because he "found" the repair notice inside the foam of the pistol case and wanted a full refund. Others have seen pics of an item where I clearly highlight some holster wear or whatever, show up at the face to face and try to talk me down because they discovered the holster wear. But I've never had anyone try to hold Armslist responsible for their mistake before. Always face to face for Armslist. It ain't Ebay...

Yeah, Armslist really sucks. Here's my latest "disaster."

Monday, 9:30 PM: Peruse Armslist, spot a pistol I want. (Didn't even know I wanted one, but that's another story.)
Monday, 9:40 PM: Text seller. "Is it still available? I will take it. When can we meet?"
Monday, 9:45 PM: Seller texts. "Still available. Confirm you have NH P&RL? Can we meet tomorrow at Home Depot in xx town? Noon?"
Monday, 9:48 PM: Text seller. "Yup to all. See you then."
Tuesday, 11:50 (we're both early): "Here are creds. Here is money." "Here is gun." 5 minutes of gun bullshiting. "Good bye." "Good bye."
Tuesday, 12:45. Gun is in my safe.

Yeah, Armslist sucks. Biggest problem? Not finger-fking the gun in the car on the way home. Gets you bad looks at stop lights.

Back
Top Bottom