ARES SCR, I want one!

interested in how it works without the buffer and spring....

Rumor is the stock has a Rem 1100 style spring in it. Goes down at an angle. So it probably has some kind of REALLY weird BCG setup in it.

-Mike

interested in how it works without the buffer and spring....

Rumor is the stock has a Rem 1100 style spring in it. Goes down at an angle. So it probably has some kind of REALLY weird BCG setup in it.

-Mike

Answered. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/foghorn/first-look-ares-scr-rifle-works/

630x420xP1060530-900x600.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LkMzTfp3J8.jpg

The SCR is probably best described as an unholy union between a shotgun and an AR-15. Since there’s no proper buffer tube the gun instead uses an articulated spur on the back-end of the bolt carrier just like that on a shotgun, and recoils downward into the stock that way. The front-end of the bolt carrier is just like that off a standard AR-15, which means you can use any existing upper receiver without any modification.

Oh, BTW, I WILL own this...

Alohadoug posted this in another thread, where I asked about AR-18 variants to avoid NY SAFE act stuff, since the AR-18 doesn't have the buffer tube sticking out the back, which makes NY SAFE rifles look dumb (I think). This is a much cooler design than an AR-18 based one would be because it uses regular AR uppers. Without the pistol grip, one could have a flash hider on it here in MA right?

Is a flash hider THAT important to you guys?

Not really, but the surest way to get people to want something is to tell them they're prohibited from having it. Parents of teenagers learn that lesson quickly. You would think that after the failure of alcohol prohibition and the war on drugs, that government would learn the lesson, but they don't. MA has a nanny government, but no one ever said it was a smart nanny! [wink]

Call me insane but wouldn't look half bad if you could get it with wood.
Also perfect way to show how a stock doesn't make it more deadly and how the laws are stupid .

We've called you far worse than 'insane'... You got the 'insane' designation for driving your Asian snow plow. For the above comment/posting, you get designated as "completely bonkers, nuttier than a fruit cake, 48 cards short of a deck..."

For those trying to get around the moronic laws in nanny states... There are far better ways to deal with that crap.

+ [puke2][puke2][puke2][puke2]

We've called you far worse than 'insane'... You got the 'insane' designation for driving your Asian snow plow. For the above comment/posting, you get designated as "completely bonkers, nuttier than a fruit cake, 48 cards short of a deck..."

For those trying to get around the moronic laws in nanny states... There are far better ways to deal with that crap.

+ [puke2][puke2][puke2][puke2]
Are you seriously saying that you think this looks worse than one of the NY SAFE ARs? Each to his own, but I think this is waaaay better looking. Sleeker lines for sure.

That may be the ugliest firearm I have ever seen. It's like the crackbaby offspring of Joe Biden's shotgun and America's favorite rifle. Or something. [I had better plans for that metaphor, then my mind went blank.]

Back
Top Bottom