• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 Ban...should we be nervous?

I didn't do that prior to 1994, and I have since then paid some dear prices for what I own now.

Out of pure dumb luck I bought a Colt HBar in Sep 1993. I wasn't paying attention back then. If I had, I would have bought at least two more and put them away.

I got one as my first rifle right when the ban was lifted.
I am getting my second built right now.
I will have the lower from the group buy to build up as my third.

I think I got my AR's covered if it comes to that.

Nervous no just prepared.

Dwarven,

I unfortunately do not have any friends in NH. Nor do I really have any aquaitences I know or would trust to do that. I just basically don't know anyone there.

Dwarven,

I unfortunately do not have any friends in NH. Nor do I really have any aquaitences I know or would trust to do that. I just basically don't know anyone there.

Buy two post-ban compliant rifles now. You don't really lose that much (unless you really need a bayonet lug). Later, when you move to NH (or pretty much anywhere else), sell the post-ban upper on one (or both), and replace with inexpensive "no-ban" uppers, complete with all the evil features, and then resell the post-ban uppers, perhaps to your former comrades-in-arms still behind the Iron Curtain.

Much cheaper plan than buying "pre-ban" now.

Sure, I am concerned about a possible future ban. This is why I decided to purchase a couple of AR lowers. I already have a pre-ban Colt AR lower which I purchased from one of the NES members for $500. Even tough I can get a post-ban lower for around $200, this $500 is probably one of the best investments I will have made. I am also participating in the NES AR Lower group buy. This will get me started on my second AR. If I can find another pre-ban lower, I will most likely buy that too.
You can never have too many lowers [smile]

Back
Top Bottom