• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR RED DOTS

As others have said, if you think your life may depend on it, buy an Aimpoint Pro, or any other Aimpoint.
The battery lasts 3 years, the sight is always on.
All my budget red dots, I forget and leave them on, then the battery is dead next time I pick them up.
Aimpoints will survive a fire or getting run over by a truck.

Aimpoint still worked.jpg
Aimpoint still worked1.jpg

Had a primary arms red dot for a while. Great for short range quick target aquisition. Fun for a few months. Long range forget it, took it off and went back to a scope.

What's long range and what do you expect from a red dot. Many red dots cover a large amount of "target space" plus not much on the MagX.
I have a old Tasco Pro Point and that red star covers about 4-6moa depending on brightness.
Then factor in your choice of platform and ammo.

My friend has a run of the mil mil spec M4 clone and shoots fed M855 ....tops it off with a some $500 red dot with a 5moa dot and britches about accuracy and group size[rolleyes]

we had a few group buys here for primary arms red dots, they work fine, decent value for the money. putting it on a cheap beater? can't beat it. want to put an $500+ aimpoint t1 on a budget build, does't make sense. for a home defense rifle i'd hang a light and laser on it. a red dot won't do you any good if you're needing it in the dark. for distance precision shooting, scope it.

Back
Top Bottom