AR RED DOTS

As others have said, if you think your life may depend on it, buy an Aimpoint Pro, or any other Aimpoint.
The battery lasts 3 years, the sight is always on.
All my budget red dots, I forget and leave them on, then the battery is dead next time I pick them up.
Aimpoints will survive a fire or getting run over by a truck.

Aimpoint still worked.jpg
Aimpoint still worked1.jpg

Had a primary arms red dot for a while. Great for short range quick target aquisition. Fun for a few months. Long range forget it, took it off and went back to a scope.

What's long range and what do you expect from a red dot. Many red dots cover a large amount of "target space" plus not much on the MagX.
I have a old Tasco Pro Point and that red star covers about 4-6moa depending on brightness.
Then factor in your choice of platform and ammo.

My friend has a run of the mil mil spec M4 clone and shoots fed M855 ....tops it off with a some $500 red dot with a 5moa dot and britches about accuracy and group size[rolleyes]

we had a few group buys here for primary arms red dots, they work fine, decent value for the money. putting it on a cheap beater? can't beat it. want to put an $500+ aimpoint t1 on a budget build, does't make sense. for a home defense rifle i'd hang a light and laser on it. a red dot won't do you any good if you're needing it in the dark. for distance precision shooting, scope it.

Back
Top Bottom