• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Apparently my NH C Carry Permit doesn't allow me to buy ammo at Shooters Outpost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artifact

NES Member
I dropped by SO yesterday driving back from VT and thought I should stop and get some ammo and check out SO, never been there before. After roaming around the store decided it was time to go and grabbed some ammo and headed for the register.

Young lady asked me for my ID to which I replied "why?" she continued to tell me that they require that on all ammo purchases. "No problem" I said as I showed her my MA DL, she said "Well I need to see you CC License," puzzled I pulled out my NH CC Permit to which she replied "Not that one, I need the MA LTC".........Is this common practice at SO because I have never had to show anything anywhere else in NH?

I dropped by SO yesterday driving back from VT and thought I should stop and get some ammo and check out SO, never been there before. After roaming around the store decided it was time to go and grabbed some ammo and headed for the register.

Young lady asked me for my ID to which I replied "why?" she continued to tell me that they require that on all ammo purchases. "No problem" I said as I showed her my MA DL, she said "Well I need to see you CC License," puzzled I pulled out my NH CC Permit to which she replied "Not that one, I need the MA LTC".........Is this common practice at SO because I have never had to show anything anywhere else in NH?
thats probably because nowhere else in nH are there so many MA customers.

I've purchased ammo and reloading components there several times. Nobody asked for ID.

I've purchased ammo and reloading components there several times. Nobody asked for ID.

I have bought ammo over 2 dozen times and was carded every single time. Same with many other posters here. I doubt they are carding for just reloading components however. Are absolutely sure of your statement?

I've been there a few times. Less than half the times they wanted to see my MA LTC.

I remember the girl at the counter took a quick glimpse and was ok with it. I mean it's not the end of the world but really... they don't need to do it.

I have bought ammo over 2 dozen times and was carded every single time. Same with many other posters here. I doubt they are carding for just reloading components however. Are absolutely sure of your statement?

Most times I'm in there only for reloading components, powder and/or primers. I picked up a box of 22lr on at least 2 occasions as well. Always during the afternoon on weekdays, never been in on the weekend.

See if you go on weekdays they assume all the mass holes are working in mass holesland. You'll blend right in with the NH'ers

Happens to me too - no big deal. The young woman behind the counter is just doing what her boss insists of her, no sense giving her a hard time.

Riley's is cheaper anyway...

Having shipped BUNCH of uppers and lowers together recently, I don't believe any other FFL has charged for a group buy upper when it has shipped in long with the lower

Riley's did. Look at the QD thread. They charged me $15 to pick up my stripped upper, because it was shipped with all the lowers in that shipment, and it was the only thing I bought in that group buy.

Edited to add: I did not buy a lower in that group buy, only an upper, so there wasn't a set.

Last edited:
Riley's did. Look at the QD thread. They charged me $15 to pick up my stripped upper, because it was shipped with all the lowers in that shipment, and it was the only thing I bought in that group buy.

Edited to add: I did not buy a lower in that group buy, only an upper, so there wasn't a set.

Yup, I was only making the point that other's haven't, I am aware they did

This whole Riley's vs Shooters thing sux, shop where you like, don't like the people or the policy, shop with your wallet somewhere else

I was there yesterday and was asked for mine also, everytime I've bought ammo there I've been asked. I was told when I asked the very 1st time I was there that's it's their store policy....

Yup, I was only making the point that other's haven't, I am aware they did

This whole Riley's vs Shooters thing sux, shop where you like, don't like the people or the policy, shop with your wallet somewhere else

Exactly this. Vote with your wallet.

Most times I'm in there only for reloading components, powder and/or primers. I picked up a box of 22lr on at least 2 occasions as well. Always during the afternoon on weekdays, never been in on the weekend.

I have only been to Shooters on the weekend one time. That is not it. Perhaps some low level profiling is going on? Little else would explain such behavior...

They know me by name and they know I live less than 6 miles away and they card me every time.

Ok. Maybe he got a threatening letter from your AG.

I have an idea. If you are a MA resident, support your local economy. If you don't like how a private business decides how to protect itself in a neighboring state, don't shop there, or open a competing business right next door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom