Apparently my NH C Carry Permit doesn't allow me to buy ammo at Shooters Outpost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, That is pure BULLSHIT, and They know it. As long as the person is of legal age, There is no issue. Mass Law has no application in New Hampshire.

and you don't really think that's true if said person was subpoenaed by a Massachusetts Court, do you?

Getting a subpeona, is not the same as a summons for court action. Mass can not charge someone for a violation of Mass Law where the entire transaction took place in a state where the activity is lawful.
So if the owner is concerned about subpeonas, he really needs to shut down all his businesses, lock himself in his house, and never interact with anyone.

Tell him then.

Getting a subpeona, is not the same as a summons for court action. Mass can not charge someone for a violation of Mass Law where the entire transaction took place in a state where the activity is lawful.
So if the owner is concerned about subpeonas, he really needs to shut down all his businesses, lock himself in his house, and never interact with anyone.

Just so I get this right.

You don't believe that if "Shop A" sold ammo, legally in NH to a person from Mass that should not posses said ammo, and said person killed someone. You believe that "Shop A" would not be subject to a lawsuit with Massachusetts laws such as they are?

You don't believe that if "Shop A" sold ammo, legally in NH to a person from Mass that should not posses said ammo, and said person killed someone. You believe that "Shop A" would not be subject to a lawsuit with Massachusetts laws such as they are?

The question is, why would anyone believe this? Massachusetts firearms laws would have zero bearing on this scenario.

Serious question, is it legal for a person who resides in MA to posses ammunition in New Hampshire? Is it the store's responsibility to make determinations about what the person does with the ammo after they leave the store?

It's none of the NH store's business to enforce MA law. Suppose a MA resident who does not have a FID/LTC wants to visit his buddy in NH to go shooting. He should be prohibited from buying ammo in NH to use in NH?

Those of you that spend your money at SO or MRFL are allowing this problem to grow. The owner is in the wrong business if he is afraid of having to deal with the government. You folks are allowing Mass law to creep into New Hampshire.

I'll shop where I want to shop. I'll support free enterprise as I see fit. I'll buy what I want, when I want, where I want.

Don't "you folks" me. If you don't like how a private business chooses to do business, don't support it.

Thing is even though it is a perfectly legal transaction it will not stop some grieving relative from hiring a slick lawyer and sue the gun shop that sold the ammunition, even though there is really no case shooters outpost would still be forced to hire legal representation at an outlandish cost which they would be forced to pass on to the consumer me the resident of NH.

Simple solution is 1 either show your MA CC license or a NH Drivers License or ME or VT. or 2 shop elsewhere

This topic once again has gained traction so I'll pull this back up...

Posted 3-15-13 by MFLR:

For the record - Manchester Firing Line & Shooters Outpost ask to see ID's for one reason: "To make sure that someone is a NH resident, or licensed if not." We turn down a pile of people every week that want to purchase ammunition that have no clue that they would violate Mass Law by taking it home. It's a responsible thing to do for a few reasons.
A. Why help make someone into a felon when a simple question/answer could prevent it.
B. If they're not licensed in Mass - maybe they can't be!
C. Would you rather I don't give a shit,turn my head for profit,and you, your family, or my family- are the next one's to pay the price because I didn't care if I sold to felons?

A Mass LTC is something that 99% of the card holding public is very proud of. Some had to fight the state to even get one.
We don't record the information, we simply ask to see it. Some people are in the system that purchase things, and it's a choice they make. The only thing that it's good for,or used for - is to return item's if they lose the sales slip.
It's a "fact" that some of the felons that live in your state travel to other states to purchase firearms & ammunition. We encounter multiple straw attempts every single week!! Some Dealers have been known to turn a blind eye to those straw purchase attempts for the all mighty dollar. I would mow fuc..g lawns at night before turning my head to the obvious ones! Dealers are in business to Sell Firearms, Ammunition etc. - We're also the ones regulated by people that can pull our ticket for simple mistakes.

In Mass, it's mandatory for the purchase of ammunition - we only want to see the same damn thing you show them. It protects you,me,and prevents more attacks by the *******s that don't want us to own anything. For those of you to feel insulted - go back to the ones that don't give a f...k about the future of our right to own. Or, you can spend your life savings,hire forty people,get your FFL - and sell to all those nice people in Lawrence/Lowell etc.. that can't legally own a stick.

For the one that likes insulting my business compared the other one that's been around for "60" years - I've had this open for three months - come back and compare it in three more months!! We've kept prices as low as we could,and others are chasing our prices down. Would it be the same with the others if we didn't open this place? I love competition,and always have. It drives me to keep getting better.
Dealers are not your enemies - they want to be here, serving you, long into the future.

And of course the link to closed thread:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...dealers-ID-ing-for-Ammo?p=3022460#post3022460

I went to Shooters the other day and bought a pile of ammo. I showed them my ID and didn't bitch, moan, or even whine. Not even a little. Private business, they set their own rules and no one is forced to shop there.

I went to Shooters the other day and bought a pile of ammo. I showed them my ID and didn't bitch, moan, or even whine. Not even a little. Private business, they set their own rules and no one is forced to shop there.

Same here, we must be FUDDS or sheep....

I remember when Fenway would not sell beer to out of staters under the age of 25,now THAT is a shitty deal.

Funny thing is...I have yet to see anyone complaining that they get carded for booze or butts,or carded at most popular drinking night clubs.

I dropped by SO yesterday driving back from VT and thought I should stop and get some ammo and check out SO, never been there before. After roaming around the store decided it was time to go and grabbed some ammo and headed for the register.

Young lady asked me for my ID to which I replied "why?" she continued to tell me that they require that on all ammo purchases. "No problem" I said as I showed her my MA DL, she said "Well I need to see you CC License," puzzled I pulled out my NH CC Permit to which she replied "Not that one, I need the MA LTC".........Is this common practice at SO because I have never had to show anything anywhere else in NH?

You won't get much sympathy from many on this forum, just spend all your money somewhere else. That's all I do. Nice and simple. There are plenty of shops that don't need to see your papers just for ammo.

For the record, I support SO running their business as they please and am not advocating a boycott, even though I think their policy wrt ammo is unnecessary and excessive.

As noted, I have a federally issued ID card that includes my name, photo, DOB and citizenship on it, but not my state of residence. I underwent a federal criminal background check to obtain this and it far exceeds the statutory requirements of New Hampshire. The TSA allows me to check firearms in my luggage with it. Would be interesting to have SO decline it for a brick of .22.

I remember when Fenway would not sell beer to out of staters under the age of 25,now THAT is a shitty deal.

Funny thing is...I have yet to see anyone complaining that they get carded for booze or butts,or carded at most popular drinking night clubs.

I use my federal ID for that, too, though the gray hairs make it a pretty rare event. My home address is nobody's business.

Shop where you want to, if you don't like a particular shops rules don't go there. If they are trying to cover their butts and they know some people wont like it, don't knock them for it, just don't go back. I really don't see what the big deal is, it is not like they are recording information. In his post his intentions seem valid.
I think he gave a valid explanation of why he does what he thinks is right, weather its right or not it is his business and his decision. A lot of time and hard work goes into running a business and keeping it successful. If you feel the need to tear someone up use your anger on places like the gun room who don't appreciate customers at all and treat everyone like crap.

I dropped by SO yesterday driving back from VT and thought I should stop and get some ammo and check out SO, never been there before. After roaming around the store decided it was time to go and grabbed some ammo and headed for the register.

Young lady asked me for my ID to which I replied "why?" she continued to tell me that they require that on all ammo purchases. "No problem" I said as I showed her my MA DL, she said "Well I need to see you CC License," puzzled I pulled out my NH CC Permit to which she replied "Not that one, I need the MA LTC".........Is this common practice at SO because I have never had to show anything anywhere else in NH?

Seriously, if checking ID lets the SO ownership sleep at night what is the big deal? IIRC if your MA LTC was revoked your NH one would be too. Reilly's asked for my ID on a powder buy once when they saw my debit card was issued by a bank that has MASS in it's name. I also believe if you say your purchase is staying in NH the NH ID is enough to satisfy SO.

Shop where you want to, if you don't like a particular shops rules don't go there. If they are trying to cover their butts and they know some people wont like it, don't knock them for it, just don't go back. I really don't see what the big deal is, it is not like they are recording information. In his post his intentions seem valid.
I think he gave a valid explanation of why he does what he thinks is right, weather its right or not it is his business and his decision. A lot of time and hard work goes into running a business and keeping it successful. If you feel the need to tear someone up use your anger on places like the gun room who don't appreciate customers at all and treat everyone like crap.
I guess if your not old enough to have bought ammo without any ID crap, you don't know you've lost a freedom.[bs1]

Seriously, if checking ID lets the SO ownership sleep at night what is the big deal? IIRC if your MA LTC was revoked your NH one would be too. Reilly's asked for my ID on a powder buy once when they saw my debit card was issued by a bank that has MASS in it's name. I also believe if you say your purchase is staying in NH the NH ID is enough to satisfy SO.

You are forgetting that no license at all is required to buy ammo under NH (and most states') laws.

WTF....I can't even buy ammo in MA...and I don't even care.

Of all the injustices I put up with living in MA, this one is way far down the list. As long as they aren't recording anything like Dick's does, I can live with it. I certainly would take my business elsewhere if it bothered me as much as it does a few of you, but it just doesn't.

For the record, I support SO running their business as they please and am not advocating a boycott, even though I think their policy wrt ammo is unnecessary and excessive. /
If this happened in MA somehow there would be a raft of people saying "Move to a Free State." And calling anyone who disagreed Sheeple. Amusing.

I guess if your not old enough to have bought ammo without any ID crap, you don't know you've lost a freedom.[bs1]

I am probably older than most people here and I haven't lost my freedom if I can go somewhere else and buy without showing any ID. I just don't all wound up about someone who has their own rules for doing business. If people don't like the rules, go somewhere else. Personally if the OP was that concerned about showing ID he should have put the ammo down and left.
An individual stores policy has nothing to do with anyone's rights, you are not forced to go there and other stores have different rules.
One thing that always amazes me is people don't want to show ID but still pay with credit and debit cards which have just as much info on them as your license depending on which tracks the vendor is capturing.

Yep, pretty much all of the MA guys on here have at least a FID, so they don't see any problem with showing it in NH. They have been conditioned well by Marsha.

Where it's really a ball buster is a MA resident who does not have a license. They are not all criminals as Jim from MFS would have you believe. They are shut out from legally buying ammo in NH at those shops. That's why it's bullshit, even if you personally don't have a problem with them enforcing MA stupid laws.

Posted 3-15-13 by MFLR:

and sell to all those nice people in Lawrence/Lowell etc.. t

Like I said a BULLSHIT EXCUSE!!! Yes, I gladly take my money elsewhere. That is not the only place around, and I don't need a range to shoot on.

I won't set foot in either MRFL or SO.

And why go out of your way to bash people from Lawrence and Lowell? Easy target i guess but I see a lot of people in NES calling those places home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom