• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone own the Sig P320 Compact?

Maybe they'll let a percentage of the Army assembly line filter out to MA FFLs. I want to try a small grip on my compact P320 but there aren't any with the safety cutout available anywhere.

its not too hard to just dremel the safety cutout out with a dremel using a regular non-safety grip assembly. I did it. Took 20 minutes

Still Dirty from the range. Not a fan of the stock contrast sights but other than that, it's a sweet shooting 45. I was able to pick up the small compact grip module and magazine at the Sig pro shop this morning. That place is worth the 1.5 hour drive.

IMG_2948.jpg

I just got home from granite state. Rented a p320 9mm compact Medium

shot just 50 rounds through the gun but i shot it better than i shot my M&P. This wasnt focused good fundemental shooting either. Had some flyers but knocked a fist sized hole through the target just a bit left of my POA.

Returned the rental and proceeded to my M&P. With more focused and better fundamental shooting I widened that group quit a bit.

Now its confirmed, the sig is going to replace my M&P .40c as my carry gun. Now i just have to justify a gun purchase to my girl with the upcoming wedding. Thatll be fun.

Just got my my 320C Friday afternoon and got down to the range on Saturday. Man that pistol hits where you aim it! Sweet shooter, the medium grip fits my hand great and it just feels nice in my hand and looks sharp as well. Ordered an Apex Flat Trigger as others have suggested and look forward to that upgrade. Also ordered a Milt Sparks VM-2 holster as I intend to use this as a carry piece as well as a range gun. Might not carry it as often as my P938 but who knows, it might just prove to be a comfortable EDC. My 938 is a great short range weapon (inside 30 feet or so) but the 320 has that ability to reach out a bit further if/when that need should ever arise.

My apex trigger should be delivered today or tomorrow.

You won't regret it.

VcDoBvQ.jpg

Been using the Grayguns drop in trigger the last few weeks. Previously, I was getting 7lbs 10ozs on the stock trigger. With the GGI trigger and spring, it was lowered to 4lbs 14ozs. Much nicer feel.

Nice, looking forward to mine when it comes in. Probably end up keeping the stock spring though, if I get it to 5-ish that's good enough.

I've had a p320c 9mm for a month or two and put about 1500 rounds through it. My problem is that I'm consistently shooting at 7:30 a few inches away from the center at 10 yards. I figured it was the gun, but I bench rested it and found it was right on. I don't have a problem with my other guns. I've seen on other forums that other people have this issue too. Even the last guy I talked to at Sig had this problem at first. So my questions to you all, has anyone else encountered this problem? And what did you do to correct it (beyond what you'd see on a pistol correction chart)? I've only been shooting for a year or so, so I'm sure I'm doing something weird and I'd rather fix my methods instead of adjusting the sight. I really do love everything else about the gun. Except that they don't make conversion kits yet for MA versions, but that's a separate issue. Any advice would be welcomed, thanks!

Right, and I've been working on that since I've sighted it in and found it was me. But why do I only have this consistent problem on my 320?

Right, and I've been working on that since I've sighted it in and found it was me. But why do I only have this consistent problem on my 320?

Have yourself or someone else video you from the side as you shoot. Reviewing the video is likely to show you what you are doing that you won't recognize as you do it, then you can take corrective action as needed.

Probably because you're only punching the trigger too hard on that gun. In the past I used to have days where I would shoot a 1911 and be on target just fine @ 30', let's say, but if I switched to the glock some shots would be on but most would be low and to the left- until I realized that I was punching the shit out of the trigger, or even flinching. There's a bunch of shooting drills you can do to work this out. If I find myself going low and to the left I usually stop and dry fire, or get someone else to load a magazine and do the ball and dummy drill (put fake ammo in the mag somewhere). If you're flinching it'll be readily apparent. Of course the fun part is trying to correct the flinch. It gets better when you eventually be come aware- EG, when you pull a shot down there and your brain instantly says "that was a flinch because I sure as **** didnt aim there" etc. It's hard to explain- but when reach this point you'll know it.

This is when a class with someone more experienced pays volumes. Guys like Cloverleaf Firearms, probably some at Sig, etc, know how to work
through these issues with people. If you can get to a place of self-awareness with shooting issues it makes it easier to overcome the problems.. otherwise whenever you **** up it just feels like you're driving while blind and the only feedback you get is hitting telephone poles or something randomly... not very efficient way to learn.

-Mike

Thanks guys, that all makes sense and I will try all over the next few weeks. Really appreciate the insight.

I have a 9mm bore sight bullet that you put in the chamber, When you dry fire the laser will show you exactly what your doing with your aim during the trigger pull.

I also went from having a very good shot with my sig p229 to having some issues getting the p320c to be as accurate. I haven't had time to try and figure out what I am doing differently

I live in Woburn and can meet you at MRA if you would like to borrow the laser site to see what's making you be off

Fwiw, I am getting the same results from my p320 45. About 7:30 most of the time. Not so much with the 9mm.

I have to really concentrate to correct it and a friend shot the 45 with out a problem. I don't have this issue with any other pistol either. I just think it's a matter of training.

I am going to see if the apex flat trigger helps any.

Installed the GGI P320 trigger tonight, kept the factory return spring, no weight gauge, but feel a definite reduction in pull weight. The surface of the curved GGI trigger feels better than the factory one too, the face is flatter and there is less of a radius on the edge of the trigger.

-Mike

Installed the GGI P320 trigger tonight, kept the factory return spring, no weight gauge, but feel a definite reduction in pull weight. The surface of the curved GGI trigger feels better than the factory one too, the face is flatter and there is less of a radius on the edge of the trigger.

-Mike

The PELT triggers are awesome. I have three installed in three sizes (full, compact and sub compact). The weight reduction was 2-2.5 lbs with a final trigger weights between 4.50-5.25 pounds. I have both flat and curved and can decide which I like best.
I like curved Sig triggers, but the flat face is pretty pretty nice!

My one problem with the PELT was in my compact (with MA safety) did not dryfire, the trigger bar would not engage the sear. However the gun has performed flawlessly with live ammo. GGI is sending me another trigger with "looser tolerances" to try out. For now I am keeping the stock trigger in that FCU.

Just got an email from APEX. Their new advanced, drop in, trigger will be available later this month. It will lower the pull on the 320 by 2lbs. and does not use any other added parts or springs to do this. It will come in curved or flat trigger. Should be cheaper than Gray Guns kit and should do the same thing as the GGI trigger kit. I'm going to order one when they become available.

Just got an email from APEX. Their new advanced, drop in, trigger will be available later this month. It will lower the pull on the 320 by 2lbs. and does not use any other added parts or springs to do this. It will come in curved or flat trigger. Should be cheaper than Gray Guns kit and should do the same thing as the GGI trigger kit. I'm going to order one when they become available.
Hmm, I just received their standard trigger but haven't installed it yet.

just installed the standard apex flat trigger, my fingers are killing me. What a bitch getting the spring back in. I watched both videos installing the bottom first and then the top first. Went with installing the hooked bottom first and coaxing the top slight bent right angle in last. My eyes and fingers ain't what they used to be. Waiting to join the Westford club next week to finally shoot the pistol.

just installed the standard apex flat trigger, my fingers are killing me. What a bitch getting the spring back in. I watched both videos installing the bottom first and then the top first. Went with installing the hooked bottom first and coaxing the top slight bent right angle in last. My eyes and fingers ain't what they used to be. Waiting to join the Westford club next week to finally shoot the pistol.

I have small hands, like Donald Trump. I was wondering if the flat trigger made for a longer reach to get your finger in position.

- - - Updated - - -

I have small hands, like Donald Trump. I was wondering if the flat trigger made for a longer reach to get your finger in position.
It does set the trigger forward slightly. I have large hands and it was a welcome result. The Gray Guns not so much forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
. the two videos I watched had the trigger pin falling out as soon as the module was removed from the lower, not mine. the pin seemed pressed in. anyone else?

. the two videos I watched had the trigger pin falling out as soon as the module was removed from the lower, not mine. the pin seemed pressed in. anyone else?

Trigger pin? Like the sear housing pin? I didn't touch mine it was in tight. Trigger came right out after I removed the
bar.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom