• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone own the Sig P320 Compact?

I got it at the sportsman's den in Quincy. I like that shop VERY much. In my opinion, it's the best in our area. Like other shops, prices are hit or miss but it just happened to be the lowest price I've come across at $579.00. I went with the 9mm.

AND the owner (who I've always gotten along with anyway) didn't laugh me out of the store when I asked if i could use the Visa gift cards and cash i got for Christmas plus my debit card for the remaining balance.

Not impressed with a gun shop owner that doesn't know the laws. Tried to do a transfer of a M&P 15-22, was told it couldn't be done....guess he doesn't know the difference between a center fire and a rim fire

.....and to stay on the subject I purchased a P320c the day after Christmas from Mass Firearms School, was able to try before I bought it. Groups nicely, trigger is smooth, and mine's MA compliant (safety).

Last edited:
Tempted, but I'm kind of obsessed with what a soft shooter my FNX .45 is due to the low bore axis. I've been wanting to get over to the gun shop to check out the FNX 9 as a result. I could use another gun that eats 9mm. I don't shoot my 229 that much these days, though.

I like mine. I was sold on the grip and trigger. First striker fire trigger in Mass. that I liked. But I did not buy it for concealed carry, I got it for discreet carry. Can conceal in winter, not sure that is possible in summer.

Has some muzzle flip with 115 grain bullets, but I am going to try some different bullet weights.

I bought a 9mm. My carry gun is a Glock 23 which is a forty. I wanted a G19 because I'm getting older and wanted a gun w/less recoil but thanks to Maura I can't buy a new Glock. Hopefully the Sig will be at least as reliable as a Glock.

I was also looking at the 320, but the sub-compact version. Anyone have any feedback on that particular model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was also looking at the 320, but the sub-compact version. Anyone have any feedback on that particular model?

It was small enough for me to give away the conversion kit. Just hated the way it felt in my hand. Been running either the Compact or Carry configuration.

I have one and love it. Had the rare opportunity to hit the range several times the past two weeks and it made every trip with me. I had trigger work done on it but even before the trigger I loved it. About to buy the conversion kit for full-size as well. Accurate, handles well for being smaller but IMO is by no means a small or light gun even in sub-compact.

Like anything else... try before you buy!

Not impressed with a gun shop owner that doesn't know the laws. Tried to do a transfer of a M&P 15-22, was told it couldn't be done....guess he doesn't know the difference between a center fire and a rim fire

.....and to stay on the subject I purchased a P320c the day after Christmas from Mass Firearms School, was able to try before I bought it. Groups nicely, trigger is smooth, and mine's MA compliant (safety).
i call bullshit. The owner is a great guy who is very knowledgeable. It wouldn't surprise me if this happened in the beginning when Maura started the shit storm however. EVERY shop pulled them till given half assed ok to start selling them again.

i call bullshit. The owner is a great guy who is very knowledgeable. It wouldn't surprise me if this happened in the beginning when Maura started the shit storm however. EVERY shop pulled them till given half assed ok to start selling them again.
Exactly. And just because Maura says rimfire is exempt from the AWB does not make it so.

I have one without manual safety. I messed around with one that had a safety the other week and did not like it. Something about a safety and no hammer just seems odd like the M&Ps.
The safety is acceptable and functional and hideous and unnecessary.

Loving it so far.

a2fcuVH.jpg

yXmWxU0.jpg

Last edited:

I have a P320SCR version with the medium size grip. I like it a lot and it handles rounds extremely well. It is chunky sometimes but I carry AIWB and it's fine. I've designed a pinky extension that adds just enough height to fully support my pinky but add very little additional overall height. I have a first run getting delivered soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2212.jpg
    IMG_2212.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 99
Broke in my P320 Compact in 9 yesterday. Really loved it but I did suffer a little bit of trigger slap. I'm on the waitlist at Gray for the curved and will give that a try. Shot 200 rounds of Blazer and 20 rounds of Sig V-Crown 124gr JHP.

I have a P320C in 9mm love it. Bought the .40 Exchange kit, Shot the .40 yesterday. I would say its one of the best .40 cal. I have shot.

I shot mine again this weekend....I really don't mind the safety at all....if i ever use it in a class or competition, I'll try removing the safety with the p250 part outlined in this thread....I've heard it works well.....I also would like to score a size small compact grip assembly....just to try it out.

I have one and love it. Had the rare opportunity to hit the range several times the past two weeks and it made every trip with me. I had trigger work done on it but even before the trigger I loved it. About to buy the conversion kit for full-size as well. Accurate, handles well for being smaller but IMO is by no means a small or light gun even in sub-compact.

Like anything else... try before you buy!
Who did the trigger job?

most of the P320's coming back to sig for repair have had trigger jobs done. the MIM parts have only a few thousandths of hardeneded external surface. re-surfacing these parts to "smooth them out" can lead to premature wear. the stock P320 trigger is excellent, and gets even better with heavy use.

most of the P320's coming back to sig for repair have had trigger jobs done. the MIM parts have only a few thousandths of hardeneded external surface. re-surfacing these parts to "smooth them out" can lead to premature wear. the stock P320 trigger is excellent, and gets even better with heavy use.
Thanks for the advice.

Let's start a free State all-the-while-being-a-mass-resident p320 thread

Here is my bedside setup. P320 .45 compact with a xc1 surefire

Ruger is my EDC

Last edited:
Have mine set up with the apex flat trigger. Love it. I use the carry medium grip frame module with the compact slide. Thought I would hate the gun when I got it but it's a really great shooter. I'm a glock guy but the 320 has been getting a lot of use lately! Mounted a sure fire x200 to it that I had laying around and it suits it just fine for my type of use. I have a spare compact small frame for it but I prefer the carry frame as the grip is just a tad longer. I also have the full size slide and grip module to. I may sell that set up as the carry suits me just fine. I've bought,run and sold a good amount of digs through the years but this one I will say is staying with me for a while. 800 rnds and zero fails andhavent cleaned it yet. Gonna see how far I can take it.

Let's start a free State all-the-while-being-a-mass-resident p320 thread

Here is my bedside setup. P320 .45 compact with a xc1 surefire

Heres my P320 kit including the SS RX slide. Just picked up a matching Nitrion RX slide for a little contrast ;) I've been finding the SC setup to be quite comfy to carry AIWB but it's still too chunky for my lower back when it's at 3-4o'clock

Attachments

• IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2141.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom