• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone own the Sig P320 Compact?

I just purchased this. Haven't picked it up yet. I'm starting to worry it might be too big to CC and should have got the subcompact. Couldn't quite get a feel for carrying it as I was wearing sweatpants that day! It was snowing leave me alone. Anyone own this bad Larry and carry it?

I had one, sold it on classifieds a while back. The compact is the perfect size.
I never held a subcompact tho, I had a full size frame (Which is HUGE) and the compact frame, it felt the same in my hand as a glock 19.
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My FIL just picked one up yesterday. Hopefully I will get a chance to fire it sometime Christmas weekend.

Looks like a great CC piece. However I don't like the MA variant with the thumb safety. I would seek out a free-state version sans manual safety.

Of course everyone has their own opinion on the ideal CC unit. I would try to find a rental facility near to you that has one before committing to it.

I have a free state subcompact and the compact conversion kit. The subcompact really isn't thinner but has a shorter grip and slide. I can't get my pinky on the grip. I'd prefer a single stack for carry. The compact is a nice all around size. Small enough to not be terrible to carry but big enough to be a good shooter.

I got a Compact with the MA-safety about two weeks ago. Ditto on the same size as the G19, which is marginal for CC but is awesome to shoot.
I think it would be a great covered outside the waistband carry for winter.
My first impression shooting it was not great, I had a hard time getting a good sight picture with the stock sig-lites. However after about 1000 rounds and swapping out the stock sights for XO-big dots (which i am also becoming a fan of for defensive shooting) I really really like it.
Very ergonomic, great trigger, very accurate and manageable.
I am big fan of both Sig and Glock I have two P229's and two G19's and this gun is the love child of two.

When I come across a free-state version full size, I'll probably grab it. I've played with one at a gun shop and it fit my baby-girl-hands like a glove.

I just purchased this. Haven't picked it up yet. I'm starting to worry it might be too big to CC and should have got the subcompact. Couldn't quite get a feel for carrying it as I was wearing sweatpants that day! It was snowing leave me alone. Anyone own this bad Larry and carry it?

I have one (non mass, non shit version) and it is pretty close to the size of a Glock 19, the pictures are deceiving, it looks like a school bus but when you hold the guns side by side its a different story. Also don't try to carry the gun with the holster that comes with it, it's a paddle which sucks for concealment.

-Mike

Update. 320 fits nicely actually. The N82 holsters are super comfortable. I got the original but will probably get the pro because the holster part is plastic so it has that nice click so your in. The original has the stretchy nylon which works but I always have thre fear I'm not all the way in. I guess I have that problem on two front[emoji12]

I carry it appendix. I stacked it on top of a G19 at my LGS when I bought it. It's the same size as the glock, but I just found it to be a much better gun all around. Liked the way it felt, shot, ejected the mag. Everything. It's one of my daily carry pieces.

I carry it appendix. I stacked it on top of a G19 at my LGS when I bought it. It's the same size as the glock, but I just found it to be a much better gun all around. Liked the way it felt, shot, ejected the mag. Everything. It's one of my daily carry pieces.

I'm gonna agree with ONE single piece here ..

The mag ejection is glorious, I remember when I came home with the P320, I'd just sit there, popping the mag out and back in lol

The magazines are made in Italy and they're all aluminum, really nice ...
but for like $50 a pop I'll buy 2 or 3 glock mags or a pre ban.

The mag ejection is glorious, I remember when I came home with the P320, I'd just sit there, popping the mag out and back in lol

At $50 you are paying too much. They can be found for cheaper

Mags are hardly $50/ea. They can be had at MFS for $37 and directly from the sig pro shop for $35/ea and free shipping over $100.

i am personally extremely happy with the P320 platform. I too started off with the MA version and just couldn't appreciate the thumb safety. I got resourceful and now have 3 "free state" FCUs, the full line of Full, compact and Subcompact variants in 9mm and have a P320RX kit on the way from another member of another forum.

I personally carry the SC kit in appendix. I tried the Compact at 4oclock and it was just not comfortable for my body. It's on the heavier side and it felt like it threw my back all out of whack. The appendix disappears and I can do everything I normally would and barely notice it.

I work close to MFS and am always looking for a reason to shoot after work. I'd be happy to let you or anyone give any variant a whirl.

When I bought my additional mags, the gun was brand new, and they were hard to find at the time (even for the 250)
So I stopped at Northeast Arms, I need them for a class, so I didn't have time to shop. I believe Steve charged me $47 bucks after tax.
It is a good gun, better than a lot of other stuff out there for sure. But something turned me off about, and I'll tell ya, it wasn't the looks, that thing looks sweet.
You just can't compete with glock in my opinion.

I had the flat trigger from Apex, get it ! That thing was sweet.

I'm in the minority. I opted for the manual safety version. Just picked it up today. I've fired both the mass version and the non mass version. The triggers are the same so it took me this long to decide which version I wanted to go with.

If i decide to carry it, I'll get a sub compact kit and make it work. Where there's a will, there's a way. There is a thread on the sigforum where someone has done so with little problem.

To each their own but I like a manual safety when carrying because I prefer appendix using a versacarry.

Also, here are side by side pics of the 320c and Glock 19 Gen3 if anyone is interested:
IMG_2866.jpg IMG_2870.jpg IMG_2871.jpg

Edit=
glock weighs 1lb 5.3 ozs
sig weighs 1lb 7.6ozs

Last edited:
May I ask what caliber you purchased, where you got it from and for what price? I'm in the market for one of these.

I got it at the sportsman's den in Quincy. I like that shop VERY much. In my opinion, it's the best in our area. Like other shops, prices are hit or miss but it just happened to be the lowest price I've come across at $579.00. I went with the 9mm.

AND the owner (who I've always gotten along with anyway) didn't laugh me out of the store when I asked if i could use the Visa gift cards and cash i got for Christmas plus my debit card for the remaining balance.

I got it at the sportsman's den in Quincy. I like that shop VERY much. In my opinion, it's the best in our area. Like other shops, prices are hit or miss but it just happened to be the lowest price I've come across at $579.00. I went with the 9mm.

AND the owner (who I've always gotten along with anyway) didn't laugh me out of the store when I asked if i could use the Visa gift cards and cash i got for Christmas plus my debit card for the remaining balance.

Hmm. Can't visualize where this place is in Quincy but I'll find it. Thanks!

Also, did you have the option of buying with or without the safety, or was the safety model the only one to choose from.

Also, did you have the option of buying with or without the safety, or was the safety model the only one to choose from.

You wont find them available without a safety from a MA shop. You might find a friendly FFL who will transfer one without safety.

Back
Top Bottom