Anyone got any good FTF stories?

I have done 3 FTF transactions and they were all great. 2 were from the same guy at different times. All NES members. I love FTF. No taxes!!!

I did one this morning in a parking lot for a hi-cap. He was in such great fear of me he brought his wife and reminded me to get a library card. [grin]

Just went shopping for an outfit for a parking lot FTF, anti-LEO visibility underwear, and a tricky dick mask. Even if the cops see us, they'll be so confused by a floating Nixon head that they'll go home, immediately. No isolated incidents today!

Read the thread...it really sux having to think like us in MA people have to do. I recall stuffs sold @ yard sales, not by me, just the dominant surroundings in a freeeeeestate and attitude. Displaying 10 firearms, you want one? you offer on what you want. I also remember selling to a USPS employed MA resident. I checked the a.m news.[wink] for Gobe updates.<shaking head> NES people I've met have all been of the same breed. Purebreed.

True, but then it's not really an FTF.

Well, at this point we're grinding nuances. Say if I am a C+R guy and I drive up to NH and buy a C+R item from someone, and I buy that item and put it in my BB, it's. no different than any other FTF, at least not from the seller's point of view. The only difference is in that instance the C+R serves as a "stay out of jail" card if the transaction was ever whined about by the feds, somehow, for some odd, statistically unlikely reason.

-Mike

Most of my FTF transactions have gone better than FFL transactions. Alot less pressure. I do feel better with a computer aided transaction as opposed to worrying about remembering to mail the FA10 or wondering if the other guy remembered to mail it in.

Most of my FTF transactions have gone better than FFL transactions. Alot less pressure. I do feel better with a computer aided transaction as opposed to worrying about remembering to mail the FA10 or wondering if the other guy remembered to mail it in.

I think most people remember to mail it in. When i did my last FTF the person i bought it from wrote out the envelope right there. I was a little nervous about the same thing my first FTF though. When i bought my Glock 19 the guy simply said hey if you do something stupid with teh gun I don't want it to come back on me so of course I'm going to send it in.

I brought my wife and daughter to McDonalds in Seabrook to sell a rifle and for them to see how uneventful the process could be. While the buyer was inspecting the rifle a cruiser slowly drives past but doesn’t stop. I’m sure he knew what was going on as the rifle was being held when I noticed him coming around the corner. He kept on driving and we completed the deal. When I got back into the car my daughter was almost crying thinking we were all going to jail. I told her to relax, this is NH and everything we did was perfectly legal.

Awesome story,I think.

One of my transactions involved me getting to the house and the buyer being taken away in an ambulance.

Completed the transaction with his wife before she left for the hospital.

That's it,nothing too exciting.

Last edited:

That's not your problem, the burden is on the seller. If he or she forgets to mail it in it's on them, not you.

One of my transactions involved me getting to the house and the buyer being taken away in an ambulance.

Let me guess, the product was different than advertised? [laugh]

went with a buddy of mine to buy an AK and we got to the address and it was a brake shop. we walk inside and ask for the guy and we were lead to the back where behind a curtain was a tiny gun store. everything was legit, but felt sketchy

went with a buddy of mine to buy an AK and we got to the address and it was a brake shop. we walk inside and ask for the guy and we were lead to the back where behind a curtain was a tiny gun store. everything was legit, but felt sketchy

Someone else posted about that place earlier in this thread, I think. Very strange setup, indeed.

There's a few of these. One of the best gunsmiths in the state runs out of an auto shop.

Well, at this point we're grinding nuances. Say if I am a C+R guy and I drive up to NH and buy a C+R item from someone, and I buy that item and put it in my BB, it's. no different than any other FTF, at least not from the seller's point of view. The only difference is in that instance the C+R serves as a "stay out of jail" card if the transaction was ever whined about by the feds, somehow, for some odd, statistically unlikely reason.

-Mike

I did just that but we did the FTF at the mall where half the parking lot is in NH and half in MA. I used the GPS and put my truck right on the state line so he got in my truck from NH and I paid him from MA.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom