Anyone drop their carry piece before?

Damn, how did you all survive? There must have been bullets flying everywhere with all these drops :D
Naw, we all carry on an empty chamber
HideUnderChair.gif

[smile]

when i started concealed carry, there wasn't the choice of holsters we have now. pretty damn near every holster was modeled on the duty holster with a snap safety strap. it was a great day when holsters without straps left the mainstream and the tension screw became the norm.

Once about 13 years ago.

I was trying out a slide clip-on type carry option and I had not placed it properly on my belt and it fell out and hit an exterior concrete surface at my house.
That put a scratch onto the rear slide of my XD-9 SC stainless. Its still scratched.

(I could buff it out smooth, but then again, I have a long list of things to do that life does not allow enough time for..... so its got a "CCW Scar")

CCW scars are why I carry my venerable old, holster-worn G19. The mechanicals inside are clean, lubricated correctly and work flawlessly. The outside is shiny and worn with fingerprints and gun oil stains. It's ugly even for a 20+ year old piece of tupperware....and it's why it's been and will continue to be my faithful carry piece.

Nope. Only time was pulling a just-got Makarov (for, like $120 back in the day) out of my range bag to show a buddy and I pulled too fast. Pistol kept going and hands stayed stationary. Bounced a few times on the concrete range pad. Arrrghhh!!!!

And what the FRICKITY-FRACK is up with stupid English??? What sort of f'd up game is that????

Dropped my holstered Shield in the gym locker room once, carpeted floor and the guy behind me had his back to me and I was able to pick it up w/ no one the wiser.

Dropped mags a couple of times. I'm not worried about printing or my carry gun being seen but have had a couple of heart attacks over mags. One time took my kids to the Y, got home, no spare mag, thought I dropped it. Went back to the Y, there was a police car outside, thought I was f***ed. Went inside, casually looked around, no mag on the floor near where I was sitting, cop was out in the parking lot chatting w/ someone. Drove all the way to my office and realized I left the spare mag in my desk drawer safe. I changed at the office before going to Y and was out of my normal routine, forgot extra mag. One time at kids outdoor pool club dropped a mag when I was getting out of chair, picked it up quickly and no one saw it. Figured out later that it was the mag from my gun, not the spare that dropped. Was carrying AIWB w/ new gun that had ambi mag release, the inside corner of my pant where the button is was hitting the outside mag release and when I bent a certain way it was enough to release the mage. Happened again even though I was aware of the issue. Switched carry guns so it's not an issue anymore (wasn't the only reason for switching but it played a factor).

You know, the only Real way to test your carry holster is at six flags...Right?

670x400-GOLIATH-Six-Flags-New-England.jpg

My first handgun purchase after getting my LTC in 2000 was a crappy FEG .380. I carried it in my waistband, with no holster, empty chamber, safety off, full mag. (idiot)

A few months into carrying I was at a party wrestling around with a buddy and it fell out of my waistband and hit the concrete patio. My buddy picked it up before I could reach for it, pointed it into the backyard and pulled the trigger several times. Nothing. He handed it back to me and said "shit's broken".

Thankfully I'm a bit wiser since those early LTC days. That same buddy though, he hung himself about 17 years ago. :(

Back in 2009 I purchased a CZ-50 from a fellow NESr. It was a gun I used as my PMC Raffle fodder that year. When I bought it the story of the guns history was passed to me. Seems the fellow NESr had it on top of a towel while he was taking a shower. When he reached for the towel the CZ slipped out of the holster and fell to the floor. Upon hitting the floor it discharged and shot the fellow NESr in the leg. NOT a drop safe handgun. It's the only gun I owned that I knew for sure actually shot someone.... Funny now, but I'm sure it was not funny then.

Yes, about 20 years ago. I had a doctors appointment and put my holstered gun in my coat pocket and hung it up on the patient room door. I'm not sure how, but when the doctor came in the holstered gun fell out of my coat and hit the floor. The doctor picked it up and handed it to me and asked if I was a cop. I said no, showed him my LTC, and then we continued along with my appointment. I was embarrassed but he didn't seem to care at all. I had completely forgotten about it until I saw this post.

Back in 2009 I purchased a CZ-50 from a fellow NESr. It was a gun I used as my PMC Raffle fodder that year. When I bought it the story of the guns history was passed to me. Seems the fellow NESr had it on top of a towel while he was taking a shower. When he reached for the towel the CZ slipped out of the holster and fell to the floor. Upon hitting the floor it discharged and shot the fellow NESr in the leg. NOT a drop safe handgun. It's the only gun I owned that I knew for sure actually shot someone.... Funny now, but I'm sure it was not funny then.

I was the owner of that gun, who sold it to the guy that you bought it from. Your story is wrong though. He had it in a cheap nylon holster while sitting at the dinner table in his kitchen. He shifted around or something, the gun fell out of the holster and hit the floor hammer-first, discharging a hollowpoint round up into his ankle/ lower leg. His wife called me from the hospital the next morning flipping out. I felt bad for them but how was it my fault?! He called me the following day after getting out of surgery and apologized that his wife was pissed at me. LOL he's a good guy.

I was the owner of that gun, who sold it to the guy that you bought it from. Your story is wrong though. He had it in a cheap nylon holster while sitting at the dinner table in his kitchen. He shifted around or something, the gun fell out of the holster and hit the floor hammer-first, discharging a hollowpoint round up into his ankle/ lower leg. His wife called me from the hospital the next morning flipping out. I felt bad for them but how was it my fault?! He called me the following day after getting out of surgery and apologized that his wife was pissed at me. LOL he's a good guy.

Wow, thanks for clarifying. I would have sworn about the shower story. Mind plays tricks I guess.

The Mass Roster, as bad as it is, does a reasonable job of ensuring that Handguns sold in Mass are quality.

The following paragraph relates to DROP TESTING:

Nineteenth, That no licensee shall sell, rent, lease, transfer or deliver or offer for sale, lease, transfer or delivery any firearm to any purchaser in the commonwealth unless such sale is to a business entity that is primarily a firearms wholesaler, and the sale, by its terms, prohibits such purchaser from reselling such firearm to a firearm retailer or consumer in the commonwealth if such firearm is prone to accidental discharge which, for purposes of this clause, shall mean any make and model of firearm for which a sample of five firearms in new condition all undergo, and none discharge during, the following test: Each of the five sample firearms shall be: (a) test loaded; (b) set so that the firearm is in a condition such that pulling the trigger and taking any action that must simultaneously accompany the pulling of the trigger as part of the firing procedure would fire the handgun; and (c) dropped onto a solid slab of concrete from a height of one meter from each of the following positions: (i) normal firing position; (ii) upside down; (iii) on grip; (iv) on the muzzle; (v) on either side; and (vi) on the exposed hammer or striker or, if there is no exposed hammer or striker, the rearmost part of the firearm. If the firearm is designed so that its hammer or striker may be set in other positions, each sample firearm shall be tested as above with the hammer or striker in each such position but otherwise in such condition that pulling the trigger, and taking any action that must simultaneously accompany the pulling of the trigger as part of the firing procedure, would fire the firearm. Alternatively, the tester may use additional sample firearms of the same make and model, in a similar condition, for the test of each of these hammer striker settings.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section123

Dudes, I am very sorry, but you have scared me a lot. I will avoid public places from now on! [rofl2]
The last thing I have dropped was 2 meters long tapeworm. That was in 1983. [thumbsup]
Seriously? I'd f***ing die dude. I'd rather drop a pistol and catch a bullet in the ankle.

I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck Kydex/leather IWB holster for my S&W M&P9c. It has never budged. I ride my Harley with it. I drive, work, go to stores and offices, take dumps, etc. It has never once slipped out of the holster without me pulling on it. Ever.

Not sure if I should consider myself lucky, or smart for taking this board's suggestions back in the day when I was looking for a holster...

Dudes, I am very sorry, but you have scared me a lot. I will avoid public places from now on! [rofl2]
The last thing I have dropped was 2 meters long tapeworm. That was in 1983. [thumbsup]
Is it true that having a tape worm causes weight loss?

Now I'm scared!!!!!

I was in a military back then and they believed we will become giant commie Rambos if they will feed us a raw meat. It worked with some exceptions. I was promoted to become such an exception. Doctors thought I had a cancer. At some point my tapeworm decided that I should not eat anymore and I started losing weight and also appetite. When it became borderline stupid I took some pain killers which tapeworm did not like and it has decided spontaneously to leave me. I was in a public bathroom and it looked like my guts are leaving me via my rear end. I grabbed the tapeworm and started pulling it. I pulled about 2 meters out and then it has decided to go back home. This is when I broke it off. I dropped what I've got in the glass jar and delivered it as a present to my doctors. They never saw it live before. [banana]

This was all happening in a public bathroom and most of it's visitors became my fans! I was their hero who fought with a yellowish snake! [rockon]

My first handgun purchase after getting my LTC in 2000 was a crappy FEG .380. I carried it in my waistband, with no holster, empty chamber, safety off, full mag. (idiot)

A few months into carrying I was at a party wrestling around with a buddy and it fell out of my waistband and hit the concrete patio. My buddy picked it up before I could reach for it, pointed it into the backyard and pulled the trigger several times. Nothing. He handed it back to me and said "shit's broken".

Thankfully I'm a bit wiser since those early LTC days. That same buddy though, he hung himself about 17 years ago. :(
I liked the second to last paragraph but I unliked the last one :(

I’m not squimish but [puke]

And double [puke][puke] for below
I was in a military back then and they believed we will become giant commie Rambos if they will feed us a raw meat. It worked with some exceptions. I was promoted to become such an exception. Doctors thought I had a cancer. At some point my tapeworm decided that I should not eat anymore and I started losing weight and also appetite. When it became borderline stupid I took some pain killers which tapeworm did not like and it has decided spontaneously to leave me. I was in a public bathroom and it looked like my guts are leaving me via my rear end. I grabbed the tapeworm and started pulling it. I pulled about 2 meters out and then it has decided to go back home. This is when I broke it off. I dropped what I've got in the glass jar and delivered it as a present to my doctors. They never saw it live before. [banana]

This was all happening in a public bathroom and most of it's visitors became my fans! I was their hero who fought with a yellowish snake! [rockon]

I was getting dressed in the gym after a workout and when my gym bag fell off the bench, my G27 in an IWB holsters fell out and landed a foot or so away on the rug. There were 3 or 4 guys in there and I calmly walk over, picked it up, and placed it back in my bag. Nobody one said a word. [laugh]

I was getting dressed in the gym after a workout and when my gym bag fell off the bench, my G27 in an IWB holsters fell out and landed a foot or so away on the rug. There were 3 or 4 guys in there and I calmly walk over, picked it up, and placed it back in my bag. Nobody one said a word. [laugh]

Wait so you dropped a Glock .40 and it didn't KaBoom?!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom