• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone drop their carry piece before?

Is it true that having a tape worm causes weight loss?

There are many different tapeworms and I was told that people have different reactions to them. Some may live with them for a very long time. I believe my was 2 years old. It was thick like your pinky finger. I was experiencing pain whenever I ate. That was the reason why I have eventually lost appetite. I was losing weight but it was not because tapeworm was eating it. I stopped eating.

There are many different tapeworms and I was told that people have different reactions to them. Some may live with them for a very long time. I believe my was 2 years old. It was thick like your pinky finger. I was experiencing pain whenever I ate. That was the reason why I have eventually lost appetite. I was losing weight but it was not because tapeworm was eating it. I stopped eating.

So, you stopped feeding the tapeworm? That cruel and I'm calling PETA on you!

And now the mental image of you pulling that thing out of your anus is forever etched in my mind. Thanks. And no offense but I hope I never meet you in person. ;)

I do not know how to describe it for you. It felt like pulling slimy frog's leg while the frog was housed somewhere in your guts and it did not like it. If this will ever happen to you, make sure to use your tactical gloves. I did not have them and toiled paper is a luxury product in communist countries.....So I had to use my willpower not to pass out while tapeworm was raping me from THE INSIDE! [cheers]

So, you stopped feeding the tapeworm? That cruel and I'm calling PETA on you!

Doctors tell you: Keep looking for pieces of the tapeworm in your stool. Are you kidding me? What stool?

Before I arrived to America I was in the refugee camps and over there they make sure no germ will arrive here so I was completely refurbished. All my pets became homeless.

I do not know how to describe it for you. It felt like pulling slimy frog's leg while the frog was housed somewhere in your guts and it did not like it. If this will ever happen to you, make sure to use your tactical gloves. I did not have them and toiled paper is a luxury product in communist countries.....So I had to use my willpower not to pass out while tapeworm was raping me from THE INSIDE! [cheers]

I will cook all my meat quite thoroughly from now on, thank you. And you've done just find describing it. I'm going to go vomit now. Carry on.

Just got a DeSantis sticky for my Kahr CM9. I was getting into my car this morning for work holding too much. In one hand was my work bag and car keys and the other had the IPhone, wallet, and the Kahr in the DeSantis tilted too far backward. Out slides the Kahr from hip to concrete right under the car.....D*** it!

I know we’ve all had a mishap before maybe not like this and these mistakes serve as great reminders to be very careful at all times.
Since it was a pocket carry and I had my scrubs on I had no pocket that fit at that time. In that moment of failure I sure rebuked myself and carefully addressed the booboo. Good thing it wasn’t an undrop safe handgun.
There are two types of gun owners, ones that have dropped their gun, and ones that have not dropped their gun YET......

My very first carry gun, a Beretta Cheetah and the cheapest clip on holster I could find. I had just finished paying for gas and was walking back to my car when the holster separated from the belt clip. Gun hit the asphalt, popped out of the holster and skidded across about 8 feet in front of me. I froze for an instant and heard a voice behind me say “ he’s got a gun”. That unfroze me and I kept walking picking up gun and holster, putting them in my coat pocket and I drove away without looking back. I fully expected a visit from the police but nothing ever came of it.

The safety, slide, and wood grips were dinged up but time and handling have smoothed them out. Every time i see it i am reminded of the importance of a good holster.

I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck Kydex/leather IWB holster for my S&W M&P9c. It has never budged. I ride my Harley with it. I drive, work, go to stores and offices, take dumps, etc. It has never once slipped out of the holster without me pulling on it. Ever.

Not sure if I should consider myself lucky, or smart for taking this board's suggestions back in the day when I was looking for a holster...

What about when you drop the gun while it's in the holster? I have never dropped or had a gun come out of a holster but I and others have dropped the gun while in the holster and that can happen just as easily in a SuperTuck (which I have) as in any other kind of holster. Happened to me once in the locker room getting dressed, same thing happened to @Glockster30

My very first carry gun, a Beretta Cheetah and the cheapest clip on holster I could find. I had just finished paying for gas and was walking back to my car when the holster separated from the belt clip. Gun hit the asphalt, popped out of the holster and skidded across about 8 feet in front of me. I froze for an instant and heard a voice behind me say “ he’s got a gun”. That unfroze me and I kept walking picking up gun and holster, putting them in my coat pocket and I drove away without looking back. I fully expected a visit from the police but nothing ever came of it.

The safety, slide, and wood grips were dinged up but time and handling have smoothed them out. Every time i see it i am reminded of the importance of a good holster.

I am sorry, but I feel we all need to review this educational video just in case we have forgotten some basic concepts:

View: https://youtu.be/RijI12HvBCI

What about when you drop the gun while it's in the holster? I have never dropped or had a gun come out of a holster but I and others have dropped the gun while in the holster and that can happen just as easily in a SuperTuck (which I have) as in any other kind of holster. Happened to me once in the locker room getting dressed, same thing happened to @Glockster30

(knock wood). SO FAR I haven't dropped it IN the holster yet, either. the retention clips work pretty well on the pants I wear (mostly 5.11 cargo pants), using a Wilderness instructor's belt.

(knock wood). SO FAR I haven't dropped it IN the holster yet, either. the retention clips work pretty well on the pants I wear (mostly 5.11 cargo pants), using a Wilderness instructor's belt.

I put the holster on w/ the gun in it, dropped it while in the holster after getting dressed (dropped it pulling it out of the locker right before putting it on).

Last edited:
I remember someone posting that story. Was it in Belmont? IIRC the cops confiscated the gun and then gave it back to him.

FYI the CZ50 is notorious for firing unexpectedly. I have one and sometimes it fires when you move the safety. It's NOT safe...

:)

I was the owner of that gun, who sold it to the guy that you bought it from. Your story is wrong though. He had it in a cheap nylon holster while sitting at the dinner table in his kitchen. He shifted around or something, the gun fell out of the holster and hit the floor hammer-first, discharging a hollowpoint round up into his ankle/ lower leg. His wife called me from the hospital the next morning flipping out. I felt bad for them but how was it my fault?! He called me the following day after getting out of surgery and apologized that his wife was pissed at me. LOL he's a good guy.

I put the holster on w/ the gun in it, dropped it when I was doing that after getting dressed (dropped it pulling it out of the locker right before putting it on).
Yeah I do that as well but it might be best practice to put the holster on first and then holster the gun. I just tried this today and it seemed to be easier since the pants tend to fall faster with more weight. Doing this while sitting down is easiest.

Yeah I do that as well but it might be best practice to put the holster on first and then holster the gun. I just tried this today and it seemed to be easier since the pants tend to fall faster with more weight. Doing this while sitting down is easiest.

That is what my dog thinks also. I trained him using this inspirational video.

View: https://youtu.be/1kX4gtEAMZw

This. Pants and belt first. take gun out of holster and place on bed or bureau. put holster on pants & belt. Finish buttoning, zipping, and belt-tightening. Holster gun exercising all caution not to catch the trigger on anything. Reverse at the end of the day. Bathroom protocol varies by private/public. I try to only every have to #1 while out and about.

... I was in the stall at a client's office ...
Now you know what they meant when they told you to quit stalling.

Dude, you are an excellent prospect for a concealed man's purse:
DADBAG_01_v2.jpg
OMG, everyone at Dayton was packing!

Some of you need to fess up about the time it dropped IN the toilet.
Does dropping a loose round qualify?

And what the FRICKITY-FRACK is up with stupid English??? What sort of f'd up game is that????
.410 - I guess size doesn't count.

Doubles as a garotte...

51Ei68GM6iL._SX425_.jpg
Triples as a bumpfire device.

You know, the only Real way to test your carry holster is at six flags...Right?
Better have a cloaking device (magnetometers by the ticket booths).

my ... FEG .380 ... fell out of my waistband and ... My buddy picked it up ... pointed it into the backyard and pulled the trigger several times. Nothing.
No worries if you enclosed your back yard with a
Long Island Expressway Bulletproof Chain-Link Fence.

The last thing I have dropped was 2 meters long tapeworm.

Better have a cloaking device (magnetometers by the ticket booths).

Lol. I tell them I have a pacemaker (I don't...), then show them the zipper on my chest (I do...) and get waved in every time*

*Not really, but I get points for creativity...no?

This. Pants and belt first. take gun out of holster and place on bed or bureau. put holster on pants & belt. Finish buttoning, zipping, and belt-tightening. Holster gun exercising all caution not to catch the trigger on anything. Reverse at the end of the day. Bathroom protocol varies by private/public. I try to only every have to #1 while out and about.

Now I know why I am blessing the day I was drafted in the military!
..................they made me do it without thinking about it! :cool:

Go ahead and meet him. I'm sure he's a good guy. Just don't shake his hand.

Pardon me, only my right hand still gets a little bit slimy during warm humid days. Outside of the United States some $hthole countries recognize me as a deity or as a Man Who Swallows Yellow Snakes. [rockon]

I am also open to green new greetings, if he is still afraid of my huge hands!

View: https://youtu.be/1t35aIFzjBo

Last edited:
Mine would periodically slip out when I was working on the ground under a car. Never from any kind of height, but it's a 92FS. You could beat that thing with a sledgehammer and not set it off.

Back
Top Bottom