• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone carried in a dressing room?

Was going out today knowing that I'd being trying on clothes (shirts). Knowing that these rooms are monitored (at least the signs in the rooms say they are) I didn't carry. I really didn't want to know what could have happened when I pulled my shirt off to try a new on one (I know...enough of a shocker) and a sheep saw a Glock.

Just wondering if others have tested this [thinking]

i wouldn't be taking my clothes off if people were watching me. [laugh]

dressing rooms are supposed to be private, i think by monitored they mean there's an attendant and not that there's a camera on you.

I was carried in a dressing room once, got a wicked cross check to the back of the head. oh, nvm

I carried when i went shopping, my personal shopper noticed, said, "hey my husband carrys too hunny, your one of the good guys", depends on whre you go i guesse.

I do it all the time. I'm not buying the pants if I can't fit my 9 with my M-Tac in them. [smile]

IANAL but I don't believe its legal for them to monitor dressing rooms with a camera. I thought they fell under the same guidelines as a bathroom but I could be wrong. Eitherway, I'm not concerned about someone finding out through a mirror. Its a "private" room and the gun is still under my direct control. I don't shop in stores with "no guns" stickers in the window.

I believe it is illegal for them to have cameras in dressing rooms. I would have to say Atilla's impression of their meaning is probably spot on. It should be totally private which would make it not much of a concern.

Carry. If someone is looking at you changing, they shouldn't be. You have a right to privacy in that area. You'd get a fat check if someone ever called you out on one.

Yes, I was buying pants with the mission that the pockets be deep enough to bury a handgun if I felt the need to carry that way.

Not worried.

Cameras in dressing rooms are just as legal and will get the same LE reaction as cameras in ladies rooms and shooting up-skirt pictures and posting them on the Internet. [Disclaimer: Unless TSA/Homeland Insecurity determines that terrorists may be using bathrooms, stairs or escalators and hiding explosives under their skirts. Then all bets are off! Don't worry, I don't expect this to happen for at least another year! [devil2]

Im going to in a few minutes actually, need some new shorts and see how they fit with my 9. If you dont see me reply back with my experience within a few hours youll need to post bail. [smile]

Just carry everywhere and stop worrying. If you see a video camera then cover it or leave the place. You wouldn't want your scruffy balls on some website the next day.

Yep, I have no problem carrying in a dressing room. In fact, its the best way to make sure clothes "fit" when you carry. Hard to judge how clothes will print if you don't try them on with the gun. Just my 2 cents.

sent from tapatalk mobile app

I'm not reading all the responses but I will be disappointed if I am the first to mention this. how else you you going to see if the clothes hides your weapon?

I have done it as well. I want to make sure what I'm buying works with my IWB holster. I'd be looking for a great big check too if I was caught on a camera in a dressing room.

I carried when i went shopping, my personal shopper noticed, said, "hey my husband carrys too hunny, your one of the good guys", depends on whre you go i guesse.

Is that what they call a mistress these days? BTW, if legit... if I have a personal shopper, I sure as hell ain't going with 'em. They can get me stuff, report back, and return it on their own time if it sucks.

I carried at the mens warehouse the manager even measured me putting his tape measure right over my gun. then when i went inside changing room to put suit on and just transfered it from one pair of pants to the next. Guy never noticed.

just don't drop your gun. [rofl][rofl] i'd yanked the belt off like i was on a date and off she went towards the floor... thump! holster and all. after i screamed, tucked and rolled and waited for it to explode (it didn't), i resumed life... tried on my pants and lived happily ever after... same goes for toilets... [devil2]

Back
Top Bottom