• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone carried in a dressing room?

I was at Saks at Copley and had no problem with my .45 tucked in my IWB holster while trying on suits.
Got a suit measured in the area outside the fitting room, no problem with the tailor or the salesman after seeing my "piece".

I was at Saks at Copley and had no problem with my .45 tucked in my IWB holster while trying on suits.
Got a suit measured in the area outside the fitting room, no problem with the tailor or the salesman after seeing my "piece".

Well you didn't pull it out and hold it sideways, everyone knows that's a killshot[rofl]

They can`t monitor the dressing room. I take my G23 out of the holster and lay it on a chair and proceed to drop trou and try on pants.

just don't drop your gun. [rofl][rofl] i'd yanked the belt off like i was on a date and off she went towards the floor... thump! holster and all. after i screamed, tucked and rolled and waited for it to explode (it didn't), i resumed life... tried on my pants and lived happily ever after... same goes for toilets... [devil2]

LOL...mental picture.

I always carry when buying new clothes, to test how the new clothes hide the gun. I go in there and change holster position, sometimes with a pocket gun, and holster gun. I have an expectation of privacy when in a dressing room, and if someone is videotaping me or going to make a fuss there, I wont shop there any more.

Maybe it's just me because I'm a guy, but I don't try on clothes, ever. I just buy multiples, and return what doesn't fit.

just don't drop your gun. [rofl][rofl] i'd yanked the belt off like i was on a date and off she went towards the floor... thump! holster and all. after i screamed, tucked and rolled and waited for it to explode (it didn't), i resumed life... tried on my pants and lived happily ever after... same goes for toilets... [devil2]

You should have jumped on top of it to contain any shrapnel. Dear God man, THINK OF THE CHILDREN![rofl]

Whenever I go shopping for clothes I just hang my gun by the trigger guard on one of the hooks in the dressing room.

I hope you put it in SA first.

RE the OP, I do this all the time at the Plaza and never had a problem. Generally I buy baggy straight cut jeans +2 in at the waist, and button down shirts in L instead of M. The girlfriend comes with me, and aside from picking out clothes for me to try on, she'll tell me if I'm printing. One time I had to get fitted for a Tux for a wedding, and I wore my 226 IWB. The taylor didn't make a big deal of it at all, he just asked if I'd be wearing it to the wedding, and explained the tux would fit poorly without it.

Nothing conceals that boat iron like properly fitted clothes. The only way to get these clothes that fit you perfectly is to go to the mall and try them on.

Jeez, Wolfie, lucky it wasn't a Glock. That's why I still keep 2 snap caps as the top two rounds in my gat.

LOLZ

I generally only shop at Old Navy and from buying their clothes for years I know what sizes to buy. Never had to use a dressing room at ON. I did use the dressing room at Dick's this past winter when I was buying camo for turkey hunting. I laid the 1911 down on the little shelf, and no swat team busted through the door to double-tap me. Imagine that.

So you like going to the store more than once?

If I need to go for clothes, I'm trying, buying, and leaving, not taking multiple trips.

I buy, my wife or kids return, it's a nice arrangement we have and I'm out of the store in under 10 minutes!

Back
Top Bottom