Any restriction in Massachusetts on owning the Cheytac m200 Civilian rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Anybody know any restrictions with owning a Cheytac M200 Civilian rifle in MA.
This is a 5 round bolt action rifle in .408 caliber with a stock that is not folding. The stock is length adjustable on two rails.

I would think not based on my understanding of the gun laws here.

Thanks
Laurence

Last edited:
If it wasn't in the state before the 1994 AWB went into effect, then it is illegal.

I *think* that the bolt action part negates the "assault weapon" concern. But I'm sure our legal eagles can clear up any misconceptions...

If it wasn't in the state before the 1994 AWB went into effect, then it is illegal.

First off: Being in the state or even in the USA is totally irrelevant for rifles.

Second: Bolt action guns were never part of the US or MA AWBs, so again irrelevant.

To the OP: Know nothing about the gun, never saw a picture of one either, but there are no rifle bans in MA other than the AWB issue.

First off: Being in the state or even in the USA is totally irrelevant for rifles.

Second: Bolt action guns were never part of the US or MA AWBs, so again irrelevant.

To the OP: Know nothing about the gun, never saw a picture of one either, but there are no rifle bans in MA other than the AWB issue.

Not with a .408 caliber! That is illegal for civilians.

Wait, what? Unless I completely missed it, where is caliber referenced in MGLs?

(edit) hah! post number 223! [smile]

Last edited:

Where the ---- do you get this stuff from? There is enough bad information floating around out there - perhaps we need a new thread for "non laws that someone made up out of thin air."

.408 caliber will be pricey to shoot - probably more than 50BMG.

Scriv - This information comes from the same legal scholar who explained the the MA castle law is similar to that in FL.

Gabe - I suggest that you find a course offered by someone who is cognizant as to the import of both MGL and federal law, as it would seem that your scholarship in this area is somewhat lacking. I don't mean to insult you as a person or make any conclusions about your general firearms knowledge and skills, however, if you are serious in what you have been claiming, you are in need of some remedial instruction.

Last edited:
Just because you all deny it, doesn't make it true. If you repeat a lie long enough, people will believe it. lobe, for your own sake, do not try to acquire any rifle that was not in MA before the 1994 AWB, that is also above a caliber of .30, because it is illegal, and you could be in deep doo-doo. Don't risk it.

I really hope you are kidding. If not please show us the law you think applies.

Just because you all deny it, doesn't make it true. If you repeat a lie long enough, people will believe it. lobe, for your own sake, do not try to acquire any rifle that was not in MA before the 1994 AWB, that is also above a caliber of .30, because it is illegal, and you could be in deep doo-doo. Don't risk it.

Check out www.cheytac.com, look for M200 CIV

Thanks for the replies.
The M200 CIV is the civilian version of the rifle in the movie shooter.

My thoughts are the same, 5 round bolt-action, not an Assault weapon. The .50 Barrett is legal, and is a similar config.

Where would one go to get a final ruling on this.
Thanks

Laurence

I guess I better get rid of my newly acquired SKS.
just 1 example

lobe - I'd believe Scrivener, LenS and Rob Boudrie before I'd believe the person spouting this garbage - especially since he won't back up his assertions with a link to the appropriate law.

Understandable, since it doesn't exist.

Go buy your .408 and a reloading setup for it and enjoy.

There are so damn many flat out WRONG statements in this post, I would venture to say, that the entire thing was pulled out of your own ass, and it's still dirty and stinky!

To the OP, buy your rifle, and don't worry about the ignorance that is spewing forth from Gabe's keyboard!

Dude, tap out while there's still time[wink]

I'm beginning to think that Gabe may not be a serious member, but someone trying to mess up the forum by posting nonsense.

Derek - Is there any way you can set the "Member Level" of a forum participant to "Known to post inaccurate information" and do so in bold red type? I favor open participation, but the posting of information that is blatantly false on a regular basis does not serve the members of the community that do not have the background to recognize it as such.

Gabe,

You are a c-hair away from being banned. Stop making up laws that don't exist...

Derek - Is there any way you can set the "Member Level" of a forum participant to "Known to post inaccurate information" and do so in bold red type? I favor open participation, but the posting of information that is blatantly false on a regular basis does not serve the members of the community that do not have the background to recognize it as such.

I'll look in to setting up a reputation level for the forum Rob.

Custom title him. Something like, say, "Brady Approved".

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom