• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any one of us who doesnt drop business with Bank of America is a two faced loser

Anyone still doing business with boa, well, you get what you deserve. Stopped doing business with those crooks about 15 years ago and haven’t looked back.

I've been with BoA since it became BoA in 1998. (I was with NationsBank before the merger). I cancelled all checking and savings accounts over this move. When I called to cancel, they asked why, and I told them straight out. The woman on the phone (from AL) said, "Yeah, we heard about that." I told her I wanted my bank to concentrate on banking, not stick its nose into politics, and she said "I know! Right?." Not the reaction I expected.

Ironically, the best customer service I got from BoA was in closing my account.

So what national bank isn't anti-2A and has branches in New England? Wells Fargo has nothing nearby. I'm with BoA now and need to keep a national bank for interstate travel.

So what national bank isn't anti-2A and has branches in New England? Wells Fargo has nothing nearby. I'm with BoA now and need to keep a national bank for interstate travel.
Why on earth do you think you need national or global presence?
Interstate is easy and a joke.

The only thing BOA is good for is global banking and wire transfers. I know this on a personal level. I can count on two hands the people who qualify on that level.

Got it. You don’t feel the need for bank branches in more than one region, therefore nobody else should. Same line of reasoning as the anti-2A crowd saying they don’t feel any need for guns and so we shouldn’t have them, either.

I sometimes need to visit a bank branch today, regardless of what region I’m in. Can anyone recommend a national alternative to BoA in our area?

Excuses excuses. I bet you use starbucks too because it has the best shitty cofee in the area. Of course BOA has a lot of advantages. Of course I like it as a user. Otherwise it wouldnt be so successful. It is a good bank. Of course its hard to stick it to them. But we should. Otherwise everyone will know we are weak and stick with the stronger side. Thats also the reason I dont fly Delta

They didn't ruin your credit. YOU ruined your credit and you are not alone. Happens to many when $$$ is so easy to get.

I was 16. They had no legal standing to ask a minor to sign a contract. It took years for them to fix their mistake .I should have finished the story. The fact is, I was a minor, and a minor can't legally sign a binding contract without parental consent. It cost me 200 in attorney fees to get it fixed.

I think they are a great bank. Maybe life has just thrown you a curve, and you are lashing out at a successful business?

Whine much?

Ha ha ha I get it sarcasm...

LikelyEarlyCuttlefish-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Excuses excuses. I bet you use starbucks too because it has the best shitty cofee in the area. Of course BOA has a lot of advantages. Of course I like it as a user. Otherwise it wouldnt be so successful. It is a good bank. Of course its hard to stick it to them. But we should. Otherwise everyone will know we are weak and stick with the stronger side. Thats also the reason I dont fly Delta

Chill out and notice I agree with you and am also hunting for alternatives to BoA. For giggles I'll ask a third time: what is a national bank with presence in our region that isn't taking the anti-2A position?

As for coffee, say my name.

BofA's perks are REALLY hard to beat...
Free trades with Merill Lynch
Free ATM withdrawls (any ATM)
Some of the best credit card rewards

I'll consider alternatives... but I am pretty stingy with my money.

I'm doing everything I can.

Dumped Chubb Marine insurance when they went with the anti's against NRA.
Have been with BOA since it was Brockton Savings Bank back in the 70's and switching to Eastern.
Having house painted and told painter no paint or supplies from his normal supplier Fernandes Easton because they're ACE. Going with National Lumber.
Screw them all.

Yikes, didn't know ace was on the naughty list. Have to find that thread and reread it. Boa is a pain. A few years ago put some $ in kids account . I went through the third degree w manager because I was not on acct. My only assocation w boa is a AAA credit card. Only used for AAA membership once a year. Maybe that should be gone too...AAA card used to be mbna bank before a bit out

Bernie

there are two ways to deal with BoA. First try to boycott them as most here are either doing or planning to do, or second, take an activist investor position. Own some of their stock, vote against the board and any positions that they favor and in general become a pain in their asses. In other words take a page out of the libs handbook and do damage from the inside.

I have no CC with BofA. I closed my checking & savings account with them 5 years ago. I still have a mortgage with them. Mortgage has a really good rate and will paid off in 3 years. For the amount of the mortgage and the time left it is not worth moving. As much as it kills me to stay with BofA moving that mortgage for such a small amount will cost me a lot. No place I would move to is going to eat closing costs and the rates have gone up. My wife and I have been considering a home equity loan to remodel the kitchen and if we decide on that we certainly will look outside of BofA and try to move the mortgage at the same time.

I dropped BOA for DCU and it might be the best financial decision I ever made. When I asked to close my account they got a manager who proceeded to try and talk me out of it.:rolleyes:
DCU has been great!

When I went to close my BoA account they sent me to a manager to cancel, the manager pulled up my account and saw in the months leading up I had drawn down the account and hadn't had a direct deposit in 4+ months. They just said "So I see you already made up your decision, I will have the teller print out your check for $19.xx for the remaining balance."

BoA has been one of the lousiest banks out there for a long time, both on a consumer level and a business level. Dropped BoA years ago.
Dropped them when they started coming out with "Special" accounts for stinking Illegal Aliens. BofA is about as anti American as they come. All gun stores should post a sign that they do NOT accept BofA credit cards for payment.

Have been with BOA since it was Brockton Savings Bank back in the 70's and switching to Eastern.
Having house painted and told painter no paint or supplies from his normal supplier Fernandes Easton because they're ACE. Going with National Lumber.
Screw them all.

I remembered there was some anti-gun activity at Eastern Bank. Found it: John Rosenthal honored with 2015 Social Justice Award | Eastern Bank

More than 800 people attended the evening reception in downtown Boston, where the Eastern Bank Charitable Foundation awarded $1.4 million in grants to 162 Massachusetts and New Hampshire organizations working in the area of violence prevention.

“Eastern Bank is proud to honor John for his courageous advocacy that has resulted in laws that make it more difficult for children, criminals and the mentally ill to gain access to firearms,” said Richard E. Holbrook, Chairman and CEO, Eastern Bank. “John and his colleagues at Stop Handgun Violence have helped Massachusetts become the national leader in gun violence prevention. We sincerely thank John for making Massachusetts a safer place to live and work.

Screw them all.

Did you let these people know this? Otherwise, it's an empty gesture. It only means something if 10, 15, 100 people call up and say "I'm not doing business with you
because im sick of political / anti gun bullshit"

-Mike

All gun stores should post a sign that they do NOT accept BofA credit cards for payment.

That's pretty untenable and probably explicitly barred by the vendor agreements that the CC card brands like Visa, Mastercard, etc have. Not to mention that's going to piss the customer off more than advance a cause. It's one thing for a gun shop clerk guy to say "Hey, BoA is anti gun, just so you're aware. " etc.

Also, running a gun shop is a business first, regardless. Would you turn someone away if they were going to buy like 3K worth of guns and all they had was a BoA
mastercard?

Not sure if serious.

Not to mention.... you're actually HELPING the antis by effectively, blocking a gun sale!

-Mike

recommendations on what to switch to? It's going to take some time moving all of my auto-pay and direct deposits but I'm up for it.

The "global" presence is a joke. Santander is a "global" bank, but I can't draw or deposit money in its Spanish branch, it's basically a different bank [laugh]

paying with CC in foreign places usually gets you the best exchange rate, it's been like that since 90s and even third world countries accepts CC now [laugh]

What do federal banking regulations say about BoA's conduct? At the very least, Trump should have banking regulators up BoA's ass conducting compliance audits with a microscope.

How about Trump stepping up with an Executive Order prohibiting banks with policies such as BoA's from receiving any business from the Federal government, period?

What do federal banking regulations say about BoA's conduct? At the very least, Trump should have banking regulators up BoA's ass conducting compliance audits with a microscope.

How about Trump stepping up with an Executive Order prohibiting banks with policies such as BoA's from receiving any business from the Federal government, period?

You think the guy who just asked for bump stocks to get banned is going to do any of that?

You think the guy who just asked for bump stocks to get banned is going to do any of that?

f*** it, everyone is pissed off anyway, just nationalize f***ing BofA, it's only 200-300 billion (Faker would say) and give it to Ivanka or her twit husband, that would keep him busy. [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom