Any one of us who doesnt drop business with Bank of America is a two faced loser

The "global" presence is a joke. Santander is a "global" bank, but I can't draw or deposit money in its Spanish branch, it's basically a different bank [laugh]

paying with CC in foreign places usually gets you the best exchange rate, it's been like that since 90s and even third world countries accepts CC now [laugh]

You are kind of wrong on the global front. The one thing that BOA does have is a huge global presence with other banks throughout the world. Trust me on that as I was heavily involved in it for 5 years. It was the only reason the company kept that one account open when everything else went to First Republic. Even though FR had offices around the world many banking institutions did not recognize them and it made doing wire transfers difficult. Very strange indeed however when the trip was over the BOA account was closed.

Any good alternative to BOA? This is news to me and I am certainly up for a transfer. I am good with their service but do not want an anti 2a company to profit from me

Any good alternative to BOA? This is news to me and I am certainly up for a transfer. I am good with their service but do not want an anti 2a company to profit from me
Capital one might be an alternative as they have taken over the visa cards from Cabelas.

BofA's perks are REALLY hard to beat...
Free trades with Merill Lynch
Free ATM withdrawls (any ATM)
Some of the best credit card rewards

I'll consider alternatives... but I am pretty stingy with my money.
I was of the same opinion, but you have to stand strong on your values. I chose DCU bc my banking needs are very simple, and their atm network is massive. Plus, they easily link with vanguard, which is where I manage my investments.

I'm doing everything I can.

Dumped Chubb Marine insurance when they went with the anti's against NRA.
Have been with BOA since it was Brockton Savings Bank back in the 70's and switching to Eastern.
Having house painted and told painter no paint or supplies from his normal supplier Fernandes Easton because they're ACE. Going with National Lumber.
Screw them all.
RESPECT

Listen to this. Today I went to deposit cash to a sellers BOA account (the only way he takes payments). And guess what.... I couldnt. After asking me for my id and blood type they said that from Dec 2017 for "safety" of their clients they cannot accept cash payments to non business account that you dont own! Maaaaan, Dropping them on MON! They SUCK! Anyone can recommend a good other bank? I dont travel outside of MA too much Also would be nice if I could do wires online too.
PS
Not to mention that they are fighting crypto too

Turn in your mancard with any guns you may or may not own. Grow a set.

looks like we've got an internet tough guy over here!

a few dozen trades per month at $7 per trade is real money. Plus the other perks for international travel. It's just not that easy.

Bully for you that your banking needs are simple.

Credit unions are king. Might be too close to Marxism for some here, but they have better service and won't try to screw you. Dumped BOA years ago and have been with SC state credit union since. So long as I have $5 in my account, it's free.

Listen to this. Today I went to deposit cash to a sellers BOA account (the only way he takes payments). And guess what.... I couldnt. After asking me for my id and blood type they said that from Dec 2017 for "safety" of their clients they cannot accept cash payments to non business account that you dont own! Maaaaan, Dropping them on MON! They SUCK! Anyone can recommend a good other bank? I dont travel outside of MA too much Also would be nice if I could do wires online too.
PS
Not to mention that they are fighting crypto too

So you begin the thread by calling anyone who has not dropped BoA a two-faced loser, despite the fact that you have yet to drop them? That is very cute...

So you begin the thread by calling anyone who has not dropped BoA a two-faced loser, despite the fact that you have yet to drop them? That is very cute...
Cute is to try to rise on nothing. It just happened. Need to make changes to things connected with BOA. Its not like stopping shopping in dicks.

I'm a current customer but want to switch now. It's not an easy move. So what's a good bank in central MA? I would want something with ATM's scattered around, and a branch near Auburn, MA. Citizen's Bank seems to meet the location requirement, and I don't see any headlines in relation to this. Others? I don't want to do this again in a few months.

Did you let these people know this? Otherwise, it's an empty gesture. It only means something if 10, 15, 100 people call up and say "I'm not doing business with you
because im sick of political / anti gun bullshit"

-Mike
Agreed. I always speak up. The fake indian gets my 2 cents on a regular basis. She hates me. Not even getting the form letters back anymore.

I'm a current customer but want to switch now. It's not an easy move. So what's a good bank in central MA? I would want something with ATM's scattered around, and a branch near Auburn, MA. Citizen's Bank seems to meet the location requirement, and I don't see any headlines in relation to this. Others? I don't want to do this again in a few months.

Citizen's is NOT a good bank unless you like fees. So many banks have free ATM users on other banks. Many refund the fee if applicable. Looking for a bank based solely on ATM locations is kind of silly.

I was of the same opinion, but you have to stand strong on your values. I chose DCU bc my banking needs are very simple, and their atm network is massive. Plus, they easily link with vanguard, which is where I manage my investments.
Gotta check into this.

Agreed. I always speak up. The fake indian gets my 2 cents on a regular basis. She hates me. Not even getting the form letters back anymore.

Well, with some pols it is a complete waste of time but I meant more with businesses... money talks, particularly when you can communicate the message that they ain't getting any of yours only because of some political horseshit they pull.

-Mike

BofA's perks are REALLY hard to beat...
Free trades with Merill Lynch
Free ATM withdrawls (any ATM)
Some of the best credit card rewards

I'll consider alternatives... but I am pretty stingy with my money.
That's only if you are a Premier Platinum Plus member. Its 100 free trades, not all free. If you buy a mutual fund, you still pay a fee. Stocks and ETFs dont (for the first 100 each month).

The majority of people dont keep that amount of money. I believe it is at least $100K for the free trades, for a minimum of 3 months before it hits.

I don't have a BofA account. But even if I did I don't think it's a good idea to just arbitrarily make financial decisions based on emotion. Credit Cards you can cancel as they are readily available through any other financial institution. And if you are carrying a balance you may be able to get a zero interest balance transfer for little or no fee. That would be a smart thing to do no matter what if you are carrying any balances.

For people to just pick up and move a mortgage or car loan, well that takes time.

If you are in these situations do not let emotion drive your financial decision. Plan it out and shop around for whatever transactions and rates that are better suited to your financial needs and goals.

If you have a BofA account and are not in a situation to change or you do not want to change that you are not a two faced loser. We all make our decisions based on what is best for us and our families. Move accounts of you want but make sure it makes financial sense for you and meets your financial needs.

Knee Jerk reactions to these statements can hurt your finances. And who is to say that next month another lender isn't spewing the same rhetoric. One more school shooting and every business will be mouthing off in the media. So do your research before you make any serious financial decisions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom