• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ammo storage laws?

Is that per person of household?

See post 114:

From above:

"527 CMR 13.04: Licenses, Registrations, Permits and Certificates

(1) Exemption: License, Registration, or Permit: In accordance with the provisions of M.G.L. c. 148 § 13, the Board hereby prescribes the following quantities of explosive materials that shall be exempt from License, Registration, and Permit and may be kept, or stored in a building or other structure:"

A - it's not a good question - the answer was a few posts above.

B - It's a building.

C - it's ONLY in MA - part of their whole "we'll make you a felon for your own good" movement. Fine, it's not a felony here, but you know what I'm talking about.

Per "building or other structure".

Not according to the CMR, though I do understand that interpretations vary from town to town.

I understand their rationale, but was kinda hoping they'd agree to "per building/structure" as I have a shed too. [smile]

The answer I got was no dice, sorry Charlie! [frown]

Only 3 pages if you know how to manage forums, but I digress.

They keep asking the same questions, over and over again. Thus, they get the same answers over and over again!

Seriously? You're gonna say i don't know how to manage forums because i choose to have 20 posts per page?

I guess you miss my point...

Oh wait , you got the point, just being you. [laugh]

You guys kill me with your fear of the friggin Mass. Laws. Do you really think some storm trooper is going to kick in your door and inspect your frigging reloading gear?

You guys kill me with your fear of the friggin Mass. Laws. Do you really think some storm trooper is going to kick in your door and inspect your frigging reloading gear?

Yes.

The example Bill gave was just one of many.

My family has standing orders to drag my ass to the front porch, when the "Big One" comes. Nobody needs to be inside my home in an official capacity.

When my son was transported by ambulance to the hospital recently, a cop stuck his head in the door of the ambulance and asked him, "we know you have guns in the house, how are they stored" my son had just had a seizure so wasn't that cognizant but answered him in safes.
What business is it of a cop responding to a medical emergency? and if he said "none of your biz" don't you think they would have gotten a warrant or kicked down the door?

When my son was transported by ambulance to the hospital recently, a cop stuck his head in the door of the ambulance and asked him, "we know you have guns in the house, how are they stored" my son had just had a seizure so wasn't that cognizant but answered him in safes.
What business is it of a cop responding to a medical emergency? and if he said "none of your biz" don't you think they would have gotten a warrant or kicked down the door?

NO I don't (no probable cause to issue a warrant).

HOWEVER if he said "there's one on the table/desk/floor from when I had the seizure" they would have come back with a warrant, revoked his LTC and taken ALL the guns/ammo/mags/scopes in the house!!

Pretty crappy thing for the officer to do but typical in MA I'm afraid!

If I ordered ammo from the CMP and it shipped in a 50 cal ammo can, If I can lock the can, and leave it on the floor of my closet behind cloths, does that meet the Locked Container requirement.

Also does an unopened sealed spam can of 7.62x56r constitute a locked contain and can it sit on the floor next to the 50 cal can?

IANAL but I would have to say an unopened spam can is a locked container, especially if you don't have the key

Have you ever tried to open one of those without the tool? I took me 30 minutes with a hammer and screwdriver and I was lucky I didn't hit any primers!! [grenade]

IANAL but I would have to say an unopened spam can is a locked container, especially if you don't have the key

Have you ever tried to open one of those without the tool? I took me 30 minutes with a hammer and screwdriver and I was lucky I didn't hit any primers!! [grenade]

I've heard of people using a grinder to break the lip and then just popping the top off.

Tin - not sure, awaiting the legal eagles.

I'm not sure either. Read on . . .

And I have a spam-can opener and it was a bear and took me a good long while as well. Previous cans I used the hammer and screwdriver and I think it took me less time!

I've heard of people using a grinder to break the lip and then just popping the top off.

Yup. And if you use that grinder on the side-wall of a gun safe/cabinet, I'll bet you can open that too! So your point is what wrt legality?

Yup. And if you use that grinder on the side-wall of a gun safe/cabinet, I'll bet you can open that too! So your point is what wrt legality?

Sorry, it was an alternate, slightly safer way of opening a tin without plunging a screwdriver into the can and potentially striking a primer.

Have you ever tried to open one of those without the tool? I took me 30 minutes with a hammer and screwdriver and I was lucky I didn't hit any primers!![b/]

Lucky you did NOT hit the primers? Just think of the time you'd have saved in opening the can if you hit the primers... and the book rights to your story... Hollywood movie rights...

I'll go open a spam can right now... the heroic way.

Back
Top Bottom