• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AMC movie theaters are anti.

Kicker96FS

NES Member
So the bride and I go to the movies Monday and I noticed on the way in, the bottom corner of a couple of doors, this signage:
c820558f-5cb8-42b0-be87-9902696a50eb.png
My wife looks at me and says "What are you gonna do?" I smirked and replied "Concealed means concealed", and then proceeded to explain to her what "non binding" signs are.
These are somewhat new because I always look for them. (I like to smirk)

Movie sucked BTW, she picked it. [hmmm] (OZ)

Last edited:
they just redid the amc over by my house in braintree...never saw a sign or looked for one..but the seats are all electric recliners now...beautiful place. like you said..concealed means concealed [wink]

If I can conceal a 20 oz Diet Pepsi and a large box of M&Ms, plus whatever the kids can't fit in their little skinny-jean pockets, I'm pretty sure nobody's going to notice my pistol.

If I can conceal a 20 oz Diet Pepsi and a large box of M&Ms, plus whatever the kids can't fit in their little skinny-jean pockets, I'm pretty sure nobody's going to notice my pistol.

You just have to carry your soda on your weak side so it doesn't bounce off the grip and draw attention while you're walking. [smile]

i pointed it out to my girlfriend when we saw prometheus. we had a good laugh as i was concealed carrying a glock and she had the snacks. we barely gave them any money at all considering it was a matinee showing and most of the ticket sales go back to the left coast anyway. [rofl]

Until its backed by law, it's merely a suggestion.
Concealed means never having to say you're sorry...

Was this at floor level?

If so, I'd believe that this was a "protest posting" by the local manager, who required to post per corporate policy, did so in a place likely to only be noticed by drunks crawling into the theater. I saw one such posting once before in Burlington area and merely chuckled.

So the bride and I go to the movies Monday and I noticed on the way in, the bottom corner of a couple of doors, this signage:
c820558f-5cb8-42b0-be87-9902696a50eb.png
My wife looks at me and says "What are you gonna do?" I smirked and replied "Concealed means concealed", and then proceeded to explain to her what "non binding" signs are.
These are somewhat new because I always look for them. (I like to smirk)

Movie sucked BTW, she picked it. [hmmm] (OZ)

Regal is the same way.

Right after Newtown, they demanded to search my wife's bag. Ms. Obie told them to pound sand and demanded her money back from the manager, which she got.

I was proud of her.

Regal is the same way.

Right after Newtown, they demanded to search my wife's bag. Ms. Obie told them to pound sand and demanded her money back from the manager, which she got.

I was proud of her.

fuggin'-a. i tell the lady atilla the same thing. no one can touch you in your bathing suit area, and no one can violate your god-given rights, especially not some puke who you can simply tell to GTFO without even needing to invoke your rights. [laugh]

can you blame them?

low cap, hard to maintain, hard to take apart, on and on.

Sounds like AMC has good taste in guns it doesn't like if you ask me.

Don't go there... Not all 1911's are single stack. Anyone with two opposable thumbs and more than half a brain can maintain them (take apart, reassemble, clean, etc.).

As for AMC/movie houses... I haven't gone to any in years. I simply wait for the movie to be available to me either via Netflix, or some other method to watch at home. Far better food, seating, company, etc. Plus, I can drink whatever I want while watching. No dress code either. [rofl2]

It is my understanding that "no gun" signs do carry force of law in Massachusetts and are not merely "suggestions." Is this incorrect? I have made the decision to carry in such places anyway as have most of you, but it is a decision informed by the consequences of breaking that law.

Yeah, searching and frisking will clearly turn up dangerous weapons...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom