Alien gear holsters

I have Alien Gear for M&P Shield. I find it too big and uncomfortable. I switched to Raw Dog Tactical. I love the Raw Dog. Comfortable and smaller than Alien. Great fit and retention. Wear it at 4 o'clock position. Just my opinion for what its worth!
+1 for Raw Dog, use it with my G19 at 8 o'clock (left-handed).

I've had a crossbreed supertuck for my g27 for 5 years and I love it. It breaks in after a while and fits better, just like a baseball glove. Bought 2 for my dad and he falls asleep with his on. Spend the extra and get the horsehide. They have a few different cuts for smaller handguns as well.

I bought an OWB and had to send it back, it was too large to conceal properly. I sent it back Thursday afternoon asking to trade for IWB. Its already in the mail to me.

One thing is sure, they don't screw around at customer service. That puts them high on my list to start.

I dont like plastic or kydex holsters at all. I'd go with a leather or a leather nylon hybrid.
rsmarch2017011004.jpg

rsmarch2017011002.jpg

Last edited:
For those who have a problem with the holster against your skin, wear an undershirt or underarmor type shirt under your outer shirt.

Don't try to tell me 'it's to hot here in Mass', I did it in AZ. The second layer keeps you cooler if you wear the right materials.

Absolutely. I always wear an A shirt underneath my t-shirt because the neoprene backing actually gains traction & helps hold it in place better than sans A-shirt

Have a 2.0 from them. Love it - zero complaints. I can carry all day long in comfort with it.

I have a cloak tuck 1.0 (leather backer) IWBs for my SR9C. I love it. Very comfortable and durable. Holds the gun tightly if the screws are snugged down - Make sure to loctite anything you get after an adjustment. I got it just after I got my LTC (about four years ago) and it's still going strong. I carry it year round and haven't had any issues with it getting sticky or uncomfortable in the summer.

I also bought two of their leather backed OWBs for my M&P (One righty for me and one lefty for my wife). She likes hers, I do not. I've got meaty sausage fingers and it's hard to get a high, tight grip because of the way the leather rides. I also found my t-shirt getting snagged in there when doing holster work, so that's when I replaced it with a Bravo Concealment holster. She has small, delicate lady-fingers and has no problems.

Edited to add:
Alien Gear's CX is top notch. I split a loop on the OWB through my own negligence (The hardware parted when I yanked on it too hard adjusting it on a Paracord belt) and they shipped me an entirely new backer no questions asked.

Last edited:
So I sent out my OWB on Thursday, and my new IWB was in my mailbox on Monday. I'm very happy so far with the quality (even on the holster I didn't like) and customer service speed.

As far as wearing the IWB, which I've never really been comfortable with, this is fantastic. It is super thin and comfortable, but still allows me to get a good grip. I think this is the winner so far, maybe I can get rid of my holster box.

Public Service Announcement: DO NOT BOIL THE LEATHER BACKER IN RIT DYE TO MAKE IT BLACK.

On the plus side, when I ordered a new (black this time) backer on Saturday, it was in my mailbox on Monday!

No, it wasn't free, I didn't even try. Worst part was I was sober when I thought this would work.

Back
Top Bottom