Alien gear holsters

I am considering getting one of the cloak tuck 3.0 for my EDC. I have a really crappy Blackhawk and need to upgrade. There are so many options out there but these seem to get good reviews.

Anyone have any experience with them, thoughts good or bad.

thanks

Last edited:
I have the cloak tuck 3.0 and find it cumbersome in general, and uncomfortable in the warmer months when I'm carrying in a tee shirt and the neoprene is against my skin.

I had the 2.0 for my P938 and it was so awful. Simply the worst piece of garbage ever from the start. The kydex was molded wrong or the holes for it were in the wrong location. The firearm was so far off center from the backer that the safety would "fall off" it and go from safe to fire while wearing it. I had to drill new holes into it to get it to fit right. Even then once I got it properly positioned it was way to large and bulky and the clips just suck.

There are far better options out there, use those.

Yes, I have the Cloak 3.0 IWB I believe for my SR9c and love it. You do have to make sure the screw are tighten down every week just to make sure, because one day at home one of the screws came out. Other than that it's comfortable, and inexpensive, plus you can buy different covers for different gun supposedly.

I took advantage of a sale they were doing and got an IWB 2.0 with a separate OWB holster. The IWB works pretty well, no real complaints there. I do have a problem with the OWB. It's for my 1911 and it's so loose between the kydex shell and the leather backer that the pistol just falls right out. Maybe some tightening might help, but it's a bit disappointing.

Not a bad holster, its reasonably comfortable but the neoprene on the inside makes you sweat a bit. It tends to ride up a bit and the standard plastic belt clips suck monkey balls. Upgrade to the steel clips. Its basically a synthetic version of the crossbreed supertuck. The crossbreed is more comfortable and the clips are better but it is also double the price. I prefer the comfort of the crossbreed but I also like that the aliengear had adjustable retention. for $35 the aliengear is a good holster but it has its flaws.

I have the cloak tuck 3.0 and find it cumbersome in general, and uncomfortable in the warmer months when I'm carrying in a tee shirt and the neoprene is against my skin.

I feel the same way. I've been using the OWB Blackhawk Serpas and have been more comfortable. I've been meaning to try the Alien Gear again and see if it's still combersome and uncomfortable.

For issues with Alien Gear...right from their website..

http://aliengearholsters.com/
iwb-holsters.jpg

30 Day Test Drive Wear your Alien Gear Holster for a month and if you don’t agree that it’s the most comfortable, concealable holster, we’ll buy it back. No questions asked.

Alien Gear Gun Belts are backed by a 7-Day Test Drive. Free Shell Trades For Life If you ever decide to carry a different handgun, send us your old shell (the hard plastic portion) and we’ll swap it for a new one from our extensive line up, free of charge.

Forever Warranty If any part of your Alien Gear Holster ever breaks for any reason, we’ll repair or replace it for free. We’ve got you covered. Forever. We also provide a 1-Year Warranty with every Alien Gear Gun Belt.. Continue reading at:
http://aliengearholsters.com/

I have these three for mine...

This first one I like to use when I know I might need to lock the gun up before I go in somewhere. The holster attaches and detaches easily. As for fit the only issue I have is where it sits on my belt. But that is because of my belt loops. It has to be between any two so it is restrictive in that sense. But that is not a holster issue as much as a design issue with my belt loops.

paddle-holster-outside-the-waistband.jpg

This next holster is also an OWB. I prefer this holster of the three alien gear holsters. The reason is that the holster can straddle belt loops and when I sit I can slide the whole thing into a more comfortable spot for sitting. When I stand I can bring it right to my side so the grip doesn't print on the back of my shirt. This one is really comfortable to me.

The only thing I did do with this one is I covered the hardware on the back that secures the shell to the paddle with those scotch round felt pads that you might stick to the bottom of something that would scratch furniture. I just didn't want that hardware riding against my belt and scratching it up. I also have one of their gun belts. I like it.
owb-holster_26.jpg

This is my least favorite of the three Alien Gear holsters. And not because it doesn't work well. I hate IWB carrying. I have a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 IWB for my PPK/S and I am just not a fan of IWB. The Milt Sparks is a beautiful holster. Great craftsmanship. My gun buddies love it. It too does everything it is supposed to do. I just don't like having the gun inside my waste band. So definately no knock on either company for their IWBs. It's just me in that sense.

But again with this Alien Gear IWB...you can slide this around easy enough to find that comfy spot.

concealed-carry-iwb-holster_1014.jpg

Last edited:
If you keep in mind that it's a cheap holster, it's a great value for $35 or what ever they go for now. I have one for my Beretta and while it's broken down a bit over the last two years I can't complain.

I tried both the IWB and their original OWB and had to send them back. The "Universal" backing they use so that you can swap out the kydex shells is cut too high for a small EDC like my Shield. it actually
hurt to draw (cut up my middle finger)
I switched over to StealthGear and now that's all I use (well I use a smart Carry once in a while too)
I have the Original Onyx for my shield (love it) and a "Mini" for my M&P 9C and my XDM 3.8C .45
I also have a Flex OWB for my Shield and my XDM .
The Flex is my favorite holster, it's priced a little high , but they ride nice and high and tight against your side.
I can carry my 9C OWB under a sweat shirt no problem.
Under a jacket I can Carry my XDM .45 just as easily.

if you go to 4:12 in this video you'll see the exact same issue I had with this thing

It's unfortunate because the price is right

Last edited by a moderator:
No experience with Alien Gear.

I did get a Stealth Gear awhile back and it's been as advertised. I have to check occasionally to make sure it's still there. It's really worn in quite nicely.
0115171909_HDR-1.jpg
I carry at 430/5. Tried at 3 for the first week. Too fat. [laugh]

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the alien gear 1 with the pure brown leather. You need to locktight the screws, but I've had no issues with a G26/33 for the 2 years I've carried with it.. The leather gets a bit scungy wearing it every day..

I prefer the alien gear 1 with the pure brown leather. You need to locktight the screws, but I've had no issues with a G26/33 for the 2 years I've carried with it.. The leather gets a bit scungy wearing it every day..

I second that. I have one for my LC9 and VP9. Well worth the money IMO.

Leather folks can probably tell me why.. The black leather doesn't seem to be as strong/sturdy as the brown leather. Perhaps less worked over?

Use a 3.0 IWB with my Glock19. Loctite the screws, haven't had any issues besides that.

I have used the 3.0 with a Sig 229 & CZ-P07 and find it fairly comfortable & adequate for the money once I got used to it. Not small in size or perfect for every occasion so won't the only holster in the rotation. At half the money of my G-Code or Blackpoint Tactical I didn't expect perfection but am satisfied with the purchase.

I do recommend their mag carriers as they have become my go to in many situations

Use a 3.0 IWB with my Glock19. Loctite the screws, haven't had any issues besides that.

+1...cheaper than crossbreed and works fine...i think i am using the middle sized spacers on mine...the small ones were a little too tight for a draw...i will use a remora if i'm going out quick

Used an AG 3.0 IWB for about a week and couldn't get comfortable with it... after trying numerous holsters, came to the conclusion that IWB and kydex doesn't really work for me because it was just too much overall bulk and material - regardless of who makes it. Decided to spend the money on a leather IWB holster (ttgunleather) and very happy with it. IWB holsters are tough as each person has their own fit preference... With that said, I was happy with the build quality and price of the AG holster.

I have 2 alien gear holsters. The first is for my. M&p 45c and it's been great but it's the older style with the screw things left in all 6 clip locations and if it don't have an under shirt on it'll run my side raw. I also have the new 3.0 for my glock 42 and I forget I even have it on. Much improved. The plastic clips are fine have have held up to a few years of on and off. For the money it's hard to beat the holsters and if you change guns it free to swap out kydex

I have a 2.0 and it's fine. I recently upgraded to an RGrizzle though, and it was so worth the money.

Have you tried the Desantis Intruder? I find it very comfy and about 48 bucks
XDS in a Warthig Gear
G26 in a Crossbreed
Shield in a Desantis Intruder
image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
I have Alien Gear for M&P Shield. I find it too big and uncomfortable. I switched to Raw Dog Tactical. I love the Raw Dog. Comfortable and smaller than Alien. Great fit and retention. Wear it at 4 o'clock position. Just my opinion for what its worth!

I looked at alien gear and from what I read they use a lot of kydex, making theholsters and backing big. I settled on and been happy with a iwb made by blackarch.

Jim

I have a couple of the 3.0, and one of the cloak mod. I find the 3.0s are all day comfortable for me. the cloak mod, is their newer OWB holster, is a little bulky, but otherwise pretty decent. like others have said, locktite the screws and no issues backing out for me.

Have you tried the Desantis Intruder? I find it very comfy and about 48 bucks
XDS in a Warthig Gear
G26 in a Crossbreed
Shield in a Desantis Intruder
View attachment 188393View attachment 188394

How much of a difference do you notice with the single clip of the Warthig and the two clips of the other two holsters?

I currently have a Alien Gear 2.0 for my Shield. I carry IWB at 4 - 5 o clock

I have an original iwb aliengear holster for a sw shield. It works pretty well. I'd recommend it if that's the style you're looking for. I've also carried a g19 and SR45 in the same model holster, which I found uncomfortable. The original alien gear owb holster didn't really do the job with an SR45, although maybe that gun was just too big to reasonably carry like that.

Back
Top Bottom