• I'll be there. HOORAH!

Votes: 135 66.2%
  • Nope, I can't make it.

Votes: 58 28.4%
  • I give up, not worth it anymore

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
oh boy.....makes me wonder if that was planned that way

No it's all good, hempfest has been slated in stone planned for a while now. Just coincidental.

That being said, there will be some glassy eyed activists sharing the steps with you guys haha.

Last edited:
I had no intention of starting to really post on NES until everything cools off. Had to relay this message. Buddy of mine is super involved with the Freedom Rally org. They are going to pop in.

That's not the news though. He informed me because originally they were there for a different reason entirely. You will likely be sharing the common with hempfest, which is all weekend. It technically starts Saturday, but the hardcore activists for drug reform come out to the statehouse Friday in force (historically).

So yeah. You'll have quite a few kindred spirits join you for a bit, real deal libertarians, but it's safe to say there will be quite a few moonbats that won't be sharing the same sentiment.

Just a friendly heads up, and yes I will be there with bells and whistles.

Carpool?

So MA gun owners are going to be standing with the hemp fest guys on the steps of the statehouse that morning?

Pastera -Thanks for the info. I have slightly changed my comment abotu .50BMG to be more accurate.

Tecknomarc - Appreciate the help, and thanks to the better half. I have incorporated the changes. Ever since the invention of spellcheck and autocorrect my grammar isn't what it used to be.

PaulD- Thanks. Im taking your recommendation into account when I refine my bill description chart (second half of the address).

All, could use more input regarding my interpitation of the bills. Thanks

is there a FB page or event I can share?

No. I've been straight out and am on my way to nh right now. Haven't had a chance but as soon as my ass is planted up by the river in a few hours I will create one. Sorry it's not there yet

And another question,
I have never actually spoken before elected officials in a formal setting before. If I do get the chance to do so, how do we go about submitting our presentation for them to review after the hearing?

Is there a table we just leave a copy on or is it a more in depth process?

Should I bring only one copy or one for every member of the committee?

Is it proper to put your name and contact info with it?

Has anyone ever received a written or verbal response that their talking points have been reviewed?

Thanks.

And another question,
I have never actually spoken before elected officials in a formal setting before. If I do get the chance to do so, how do we go about submitting our presentation for them to review after the hearing?

Has anyone ever received a written or verbal response that their talking points have been reviewed?

Thanks.

Hand a copy to one of the assistants - they will we the plump distracted women hanging around looking like they hate you (hint: They do)

One copy is sufficient

Yes, put your contact info

No, but Naughton recognized me and addressed me by first name the last time I saw him - I guess he is annoyed with the way I won't go away.

Everyone should go, "cuz it's Friday and you ain't got shit to do"

figured the quote would be appropriate since the hemp guys are gonna be there. [laugh]

Maybe we need to sweeten the pot?

"Door Prizes..."

guns10a.jpg

And another question,

Thanks.

If you are going to speak please do not read your written testimony. Submit written testimony and then speak tangentially. You can refer to your written testimony but do not read any submitted testimony.

Is anyone going from Central ma, Sturbridge area?
I drive a big truck and am not sure it will fit in the Boston Common parking lot.
I will chip in for parking , gas and Sushi at Kaizen if I can get a ride.
BY the way, Naughton recognizedd me at Springfield from my having been at Assumption.

ggboy

Is anyone going from Central ma, Sturbridge area?
I drive a big truck and am not sure it will fit in the Boston Common parking lot.
I will chip in for parking , gas and Sushi at Kaizen if I can get a ride.
BY the way, Naughton recognizedd me at Springfield from my having been at Assumption.

ggboy

So I have Buckhunter156, Tundra02, ggboy, and possibly Jason M riding out with me. If I get to more people I will rent a ****ing van for the day. What are peoples excuse to not attend. Step up and be there!!!! If anyone else from the western part of the state from exit 3 on out needs a ride let us know. We will pick you up along the way[mg]

Bump. Come on ladies and gentlemen, the response to this is rather disappointing. between here and the facebook event page, over 4k views/invites, and only roughly 125 committed to going.

If these bills or even parts of them pass, and anyone comes here to complain, and whine, "ohhh how did this happen, why didn't Insert activist group name here didn't do enough" "rah rah rah Imma waiting for go time" I'm going to personally come to your house and kick you in the crotch, cartoon style.

Go to the godamned hearing.

Submit written testimony

Give oral testimony

Stand others who want our rights to stay intact

Or, you know.....just talk about go time and how others need to do more.....it's your choice....

Bump. Come on ladies and gentlemen, the response to this is rather disappointing. between here and the facebook event page, over 4k views/invites, and only roughly 125 committed to going.

I agree, Remember guys complacency is our enemy. its been to long since the last rally our voices need to be heard on a regular basis to remind them we aren't going away.

Still working on finding a way to attend. Will be dropping by my local club tomorrow to post up some signs to encourage others to attend as well. I've run into more gun owners who are not on these forums and don't even know this is happening than I have people participating here so we have to get the word out.

There's a podcast I started listening to a couple weeks ago that I like, StudentoftheGun. They're a national show, but they sometimes focus on laws in specific states. I emailed them this morning asking if they would mention the rally on their show, email below. They replied to me this evening saying they'd look into it, and thanked me for the heads up! So, who knows, maybe we'll get some more attention for the rally from this.

MA is considering 58 new gun laws, some good, some bad. The last public hearing is in Boston on Sept 13th. Some of bad ones include:

1)further limiting magazines from 10 rounds to 7
2)new tax on retail sales of all ammunition, rifles, shotguns, firearms or parts thereof
3)firearms registry

Responsible firearms owners are organizing a rally at the statehouse on Sept 13th. If you could mention it on your podcast or elsewhere, I, and other serfs in the people's republic of MA will appreciate it.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...atehouse-hearing-rally-september-13th***.html

"This is the FINAL hearing on the bills being presented, and we need to show that we are not some tiny minority of wackado gun freaks and back woods hillbillies. We need a showing of force so large that people have no choice but to take notice that we will not go quietly. Save the excuses. It's a Friday, and it's important. Call in sick, put the kids off to school, and head to Boston. Ladies and gentlemen, should we not stand as one at the most crucial time, we will fall like New York, we will crumble like Connecticut and Colorado, we will be just another state fast forwarding towards absolute oppression "

https://www.facebook.com/events/145400689003219/

Public Hearing Schedule & Information

Thanks,
Arlington MA

Back
Top Bottom