• I give up, not worth it anymore

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
From Merriam-Webster:

yeo·man /ˈjoʊmən/ (noun) plural yeo·men
1 : an officer in the U.S. Navy who works as a clerk
2 : a farmer in the past who owned a small amount of land

yeoman's work/service also yeoman work/service
1 : very good, hard, and valuable work that someone does especially to support a cause, to help a team, etc.
"They've done yeoman's work for the organization."

Penny Pincher is doing Yeoman's work.
ALL must give some...
SOME will give all.

~Matt

Thank you Matt.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the biggest things I can't stress enough about this...... WRITTEN TESTIMONY. We should be gathering piles and piles of this stuff to bring into the statehouse. This is extremely important.

I have had 1 person email me their testimony so far. Please include your full name and town of residence. I will print these at my own expense!

There are also bills we should support. I will be bringing you more of that information shortly.

I have my three minute speech written and practiced. Can someone provide some tips for ensuring that I get to deliver it to the panel at the hearing? How does it work? Who do you approach? Can someone give some details? Thank you.

I have my three minute speech written and practiced. Can someone provide some tips for ensuring that I get to deliver it to the panel at the hearing? How does it work? Who do you approach? Can someone give some details? Thank you.

There is no guarantee that you will get to speak, which is why you need to have written testimony. Generally legislators get to speak first, then people that are known to the committee members (invitees more or less), then the general public. Legislators are always given priority, so if one drifts in just as you were going to start, you'll be pushed back while they speak.

At least that's how it worked several years back when I attended a bunch of hearings on pending legislation.

When you get to the Auditorium you will see a bunch of people lined up, at the head of the line is the sign up table with 2-3 people with clipboards. Wait in line and sign up with them to speak. When you sign up does not affect when you speak as the sign up sheets get shuffled, so don't feel like you need to be first in line, it doesn't make a difference.

Once you're signed up you're good to go, take a seat inside the auditorium and wait your turn, the committee chair will call on you when it's your turn. Be patient, it could be hours before they call you.

I've been to every hearing to date and have sat up front watching the committee members and watched their facial expressions and body language. They definitely are most interested in testimony directed at one of the 58 bills up for vote, if you can write about one or two of them and why you are for/against them it is the most effective.

Their eyes literally glaze over now when people get up and start testifying about the 2A, not infringing, etc... Good news is they get equally glazed over when the anti's get up and start spouting off Bloomberg's talking points.

Be concise, to the point and hit those bills up for vote. Don't ramble, keep it at 3 minutes or so and you'll be most effective.

Is anyone planning on doing a panel testimony? I thought these were a good strategy mostly because of the amount of time they suck up from the other side.

Does anyone have an example of how to properly adress the committee (in writing and speaking)?
I have a draft writtn down and wish to refine it. Also, is there a proper way to open a speech like this? "I'm here today because..." or something in that general area?

Does anyone have an example of how to properly adress the committee (in writing and speaking)?
I have a draft writtn down and wish to refine it. Also, is there a proper way to open a speech like this? "I'm here today because..." or something in that general area?

Check this page out, you might find some good info: Public Hearings Prep Page

I'm planning on being there, my gf is as well. Already got the day off from work.

https://malegislature.gov/Events/EventDetail?eventId=680&eventDataSource=Hearings

There are 58 bills. Some good, some bad. If George N Peterson is proposing it you can bet it's favorable to gun owners. If Linsky, Patrick, Creem, etc are proposing it you can bet it stinks for us. You can click on the bill number and read it. However, they often make it difficult by referencing existing law and changing it by removing or inserting new pieces. In the MA Law section I started deconstructing some of the bills.

Thanks for posting this link, I'll work on some written testimony.

Well, I am getting laid off on October 4th. I was told that I cannot get any time off prior to that which hasn't already been approved. Oh well. I am out sick from work that day. My boss knows ( he is also getting laid off). Understand this: I can lose my severance package if this slips out. I could lose my house if I lose that. I don't care. Its that important. Your excuse is really invalid.

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

ANYONE HAVE LIST OF FAX #s FOR ALL MASS. GUN CLUBS and STORES re: state house hearing???

The September hearing at the State House, and the rally/gathering before and during, may be the most important day for all of us who want to preserve what little freedom we have left regarding out right to own and carry in this state. Yet ALMOST NOBODY OUTSIDE OF THIS FORUM IS EVEN AWARE THAT THESE HEARINGS AND THESE AWFUL BILLS ARE ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!

If you have, or know anyone who has, a list of the fax #s for ALL the gun clubs and stores in MA, please provide it to me, so that I can send a fax/flyer to each and every club and store asking them to copy it and display to customers and members, make extra copies and hand them out, etc etc?

It's amazing that of every 10 people with LTCs or FIDs, etc, that I've spoken to recently, only one or two are even AWARE that these hearings OR THE BILLS are being held and proposed. Nobody seems to realize that we are headed the way of New York, CT, California etc etc if these bills (or even ONE) are to pass.

If we - you and me - don't spread the word immediately, we're going to wake up on a Saturday morning (because the MA Legislature LOVES to do things on a Friday evening when the rest of the state isn't paying attention) and discover that our right to own, carry, etc have been stripped, lost possibly FOREVER, along with lower magazine capacities, the mental health restrictions, etc etc....The liberal Anti-Gunners have serious $$ backing from the state coffers and from Anti's like Bloomberg, Soros, etc etc. We MUST MUST MUST counter their efforts with strong efforts of our own, or you are going to be left in an even WORSE state of afairs than the one we already (disgustingly) have to live in now.

This WILL HAPPEN if we all let it happen. I'm taking the day of the hearing off and joining my fellow 2nd Amendment supporters on the common and inside the State House that day. Some members here are carpooling, etc, but we NEED TO RAISE GREATER AWARENESS about this immediately to ensure a MASSIVE turnout that will open the eyes of the media and liberals here in MA. If you know where to access the fax #s mentioned please let me know ASAP!!!

This is REAL, everyone. They WANT TO STRIP US of what little freedom we have left. Please help me stop them, and PLEASE TELL TEN OTHER PEOPLE, EVERYONE!!

Please send or post any info you have on this. Thanks in advance!! and
PLEASE TAKE THE DAY OFF AND SHOW UP!! NO EXCUSES!!
IF I CAN MAKE IT (AND I'M AS BUSY OR MORE SO THAN ANYONE) THEN EVERYONE ELSE CAN TOO!!

PLEASE!!

Last edited:
Anyone who wants a ride from Medford / Malden area or anywhere nearby, I have 3 or 4 seats available in my Honda CRV (depending on how big your butt is LOL). Just pitch in for parking and you'll be riding in with us!

All,
I could use a hand. I've finished my address to the committee and could use a few eyes to look things over. First thing is my actual statement. Is this something that if I get the chance to speak to the committee that would take seriously? Second, does it flow and make sense? Third, grammar/spelling check. In regards to the second part of my document, are my interpretations of the bills accurate? If not feel free to PM me with changes. Some of them I could use a hand with filling in the missing parts.

Feel free to PM me your thoughts/comments. I prefer constructive criticism over insults.

Thanks

View attachment Committee Address - 13 Sep 2013 - Copy.doc

All,
I could use a hand. I've finished my address to the committee and could use a few eyes to look things over. First thing is my actual statement. Is this something that if I get the chance to speak to the committee that would take seriously? Second, does it flow and make sense? Third, grammar/spelling check. In regards to the second part of my document, are my interpretations of the bills accurate? If not feel free to PM me with changes. Some of them I could use a hand with filling in the missing parts.

Feel free to PM me your thoughts/comments. I prefer constructive criticism over insults.

Thanks

View attachment 77604

50 bmg was used at Waco,TX

Overlord, that is a fantastic address which obviously took a lot of time to put together. It is very well written, to the point, and addresses everything i can think of. I will get my wife to do a spell./grammar check later tonight and get back to you with that, but overall fantastic work!

I had no intention of starting to really post on NES until everything cools off. Had to relay this message. Buddy of mine is super involved with the Freedom Rally org. They are going to pop in.

That's not the news though. He informed me because originally they were there for a different reason entirely. You will likely be sharing the common with hempfest, which is all weekend. It technically starts Saturday, but the hardcore activists for drug reform come out to the statehouse Friday in force (historically).

So yeah. You'll have quite a few kindred spirits join you for a bit, real deal libertarians, but it's safe to say there will be quite a few moonbats that won't be sharing the same sentiment.

Just a friendly heads up, and yes I will be there with bells and whistles.

All,

Thanks

View attachment 77604

Very well written though I'll try to read through it again before giving more extensive feedback.

The one thing I will say is you need to change your "recommendation: oppose/needs further study" to simply "oppose". None of those bills need further study to know they should be opposed.

Thanks for writing this.

I had no intention of starting to really post on NES until everything cools off. Had to relay this message. Buddy of mine is super involved with the Freedom Rally org. They are going to pop in.

That's not the news though. He informed me because originally they were there for a different reason entirely. You will likely be sharing the common with hempfest, which is all weekend. It technically starts Saturday, but the hardcore activists for drug reform come out to the statehouse Friday in force (historically).

So yeah. You'll have quite a few kindred spirits join you for a bit, real deal libertarians, but it's safe to say there will be quite a few moonbats that won't be sharing the same sentiment.

Just a friendly heads up, and yes I will be there with bells and whistles.

oh boy.....makes me wonder if that was planned that way

Back
Top Bottom