AK47 vrs M16 on Lock n' Load tonight

Lock n' Load with R. Lee Ermey tonight (10-23-09) on History channel at 10 pm. Looks at the Ak vrs the M16. Should be interesting and no matter what they come up with someone won't be happy [grin]
This is supposed to be a new episode. I really don't expect a lot of new information but should be amusing enough.

can't believe i'm missing this one...i also missed the one on shotguns...i believe they are showing a bunch of the episodes throughout the day and leading up to the new episode...gotta love the gunny

and many watermelons shall die. damn watermelons, hate them... [rofl]

Seriously, thanks for the heads up. I'll get my sammich and popcorn ready [grin]

Great show...they just played three old episodes in a row. I'm sure i'll catch tonight's episode as I am confined to the couch with the flu!

GO AK!!!

I had just caught a brief preview of tonight’s show. I don't think he is going to speak highly about the AK's. I am guessing having guys shooting them at you like he has over the years may influence his opinion.
Whats going to lead to lots of confusion is the showtime show also named Lock n Load.
How this happened I have no idea.

Should be a good episode. I would rather have an M16, but thats a matter of opinion.

Also after lock n load "High Impact: M16" is a good show for those who have not seen it.

I had just caught a brief preview of tonight’s show. I don't think he is going to speak highly about the AK's. I am guessing having guys shooting them at you like he has over the years may influence his opinion.
Whats going to lead to lots of confusion is the showtime show also named Lock n Load.
How this happened I have no idea.

I wouldn't worry about the SHowtime version...I doubt it'll be around long.

Lock N' Load

Any one else watch Lock N' Load tonight with the history of the rifle? Do they always shoot with no eye protection on that show? I have never watched it at length before and was just wondering. If they never do use eye protection then my next question is what kind of example are they setting for other(maybe younger) shooters? Am I wrong to be a little put off by this?

ETA: This post used to be a separate thread. A mod merged it into this thread so that's why it reads a little funny in this context.

Last edited:
I'm simply amazed at how slowly firearms technology evolves. Darwinian Evolution works faster. Seriously, species have been created and gone extince in between firearm devolpments.

I might have to pick up one of them haji guns so that I can jump into either fox hole if the SHTF [rofl2]
Haji and his friends didnt invent it! dont disrespect the Red Army like that again! or ill get Milsurplus4me after you! [rofl]

As predicted he was certainly biased toward the M16, but the AK looked more impressive in all but the full auto accuracy test. Since I wont be shooting mine full auto, looks like a winner to me!

Did anyone else notice that in some of those tests ( noticed when he was shooting the Henry) he was not wearing any eye protection! I'm surprised they let that happen on a history channel show.

Back
Top Bottom