AK47 vrs M16 on Lock n' Load tonight

Haji and his friends didnt invent it! dont disrespect the Red Army like that again! or ill get Milsurplus4me after you! [rofl]
Oh, I know, but at this point, the haji's have co-opted them...

Besides, what's to love about the commies? They were dumb enough to fall for Communism...

Oh wait... We just did too[sad2]

I'm simply amazed at how slowly firearms technology evolves. Darwinian Evolution works faster. Seriously, species have been created and gone extince in between firearm devolpments.
Scientists seem to frequently lean toward "durn librul"... Slows things down when a big chunk of "great minds" wont deign to sully themselves with firearm technology...

There is also the matter that most of the time macro-economics wins wars more than rifle tech... That may change (and certainly there are exceptions)... But up until now, it has vastly influenced what got deployed... (see the bolt action rifle almost 100 years after repeaters existed...)

OK, the most significant barrier to the evolution of battle rifles isn't scientists or engineers- its two things, the Congress, and Colt. I know, blasphemy...
[rolleyes]

Scientists seem to frequently lean toward "durn librul"... Slows things down when a big chunk of "great minds" wont deign to sully themselves with firearm technology...

There is also the matter that most of the time macro-economics wins wars more than rifle tech... That may change (and certainly there are exceptions)... But up until now, it has vastly influenced what got deployed... (see the bolt action rifle almost 100 years after repeaters existed...)

There really wasn't any new information on there on the ak vrs m16 but still worth seeing. I thought some of the other match ups were pretty good.
Did anyone else watch the show after this one played I think it may have been called High impact that got into the M16's ? That I thought was well done.

There really wasn't any new information on there on the ak vrs m16 but still worth seeing. I thought some of the other match ups were pretty good.
Did anyone else watch the show after this one played I think it may have been called High impact that got into the M16's ? That I thought was well done.

I saw that one as well and liked it a lot. Though a lot of the info was already stated, loved it when Dr. Attwater was talking between the AR vs. M14.

R. Lee did a great job poking fun at the supposed superiority of the AR.

In the blindfolded field strip test, he had to hide the AK's recoil spring to slow down the process. The AK still came out on top.

In the "cinder block test" he stressed what a "wonderful neat little hole" the 5.56 round made, vs the complete destruction of the block by the 7.62 round.

His tongue-in-cheek praise of the AR was a good lesson for some folks on this board - but one that won't be acknowledged, of course.

PS: before the the fireworks begin, let me say I do have a nice M-4 (with the NES lower) that I enjoy the hell out of. I'm just willing to see its limitations as well as its strengths.

Like he said, "It's my show".

In the right hands, the AR kicks ass but from somebody who never put his life on the line I don't have a say in this.

That was a great show. Is it new?

That was a great show. Is it new?

I really don't know anything about it. I had caught the preview for last nights lock and load and in that the only thing mentioned was the AK vrs M16. I was concerned in the beginning that they weren't going to have it in that episode at all.
The second one was a complete suprise to me and was a good show. Had I known I would have mentioned it for those that DVR it.
I think all of these will be available on History channel . com usually they wait a week or so before posting them.
Here is a link to High Impact m16. I just looked and they have not annonced when they will show it again but they seem to repeat things a lot there so we will just have to check again later.
http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=492218

It's new for this year - they've done 8 or so episodes so far - highly recommend all of them... It's something of a sequel to "Mail Call" and older show he had shooting things, blowing things up and capitalizing on his fame from FMJ...

It's new for this year - they've done 8 or so episodes so far - highly recommend all of them... It's something of a sequel to "Mail Call" and older show he had shooting things, blowing things up and capitalizing on his fame from FMJ...

[laugh] That came up a few times during the Lock n' Load episode about ammo.

In the "cinder block test" he stressed what a "wonderful neat little hole" the 5.56 round made, vs the complete destruction of the block by the 7.62 round.

His tongue-in-cheek praise of the AR was a good lesson for some folks on this board - but one that won't be acknowledged, of course.

Without using any fireworks- One of the key attributes that makes the 5.56 round more lethal than the 7.62x39 round, is how it breaks up quickly into multiple small pieces when entering a medium of a different density. Lots of shattered pieces traveling at a high velocity won't do much more damage to the second layer of concrete in the cinderblock, but are arguably much more damaging to a human/animals internals than a solid 7.62x39 round plowing though a single hole.

His tongue-in-cheek praise of the AR was a good lesson for some folks on this board - but one that won't be acknowledged, of course.*

I own both. I view the AR as a finely tuned race car with all their complexity and precision, while the AK is like a hammer.

Hammers don't wear out and work all the time, but race cars are more fun to drive! [smile][wink]

I own both. I view the AR as a finely tuned race car with all their complexity and precision, while the AK is like a hammer.

Hammers don't wear out and work all the time, but race cars are more fun to drive! [smile][wink]

Great analogy.

I like AR's,but I have never consumed the AR Kool Aid.It isn't the best assault rifle in the world,in the world of assault rifles they are too complex and tempermental.

Feed me this,feed me that,but don't feed me that.Clean me,but don't get any obstructions in the gas tube.

AK's will eat anything and never complain.

My daughter loves my AR.[wink]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom