• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK-47 vs M-16 - Which should I buy?

Yeah. That furniture is gorgeous.

I'm not digging how it works with the nouveau style lower with the toothy mag well. I think it would look better with a tradidional upper and lower. But to each his own.

I'm not digging how it works with the nouveau style lower with the toothy mag well. I think it would look better with a tradidional upper and lower. But to each his own.
Variety, my friend. I've built so many AR's at this point I could do it with my eyes closed. It shoots even better than it looks. [wink]

Canndo, I think you need one of these

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Im-Sporting-...216252?hash=item43a385133c:g:NYAAAOxy2FZSTEGg

$T2eC16d,!zkFJKl!cNDlBSTEGf5(Sg~~60_35.JPG

The AK platform is far easier to clean, break down, and build and, functionally, much less complex. That's one thing I can think of. When's the last time you built or broke down an AK and a godammed tiny spring flew across the room and killed your dog?

When was the last time your AK ran a sub MOA group at 400 yards [smile]

The AK market is over hyped at the moment, as I've seen plenty of $1k+ guns that have canted sights... While I enjoyed my old Norinco's there is nothing in the current production of AK's I believe is worth even half of what they are asking.

The AK platform has many merits, and I enjoy shooting them. But the price of admission and the reasonable quality level that can be bought of built in the AR rely at the moment is hard to beat

when is someone going to realize canted sights are normal and an AK has adjustments, Just like your Magpul MBUS does?
The 2 are different Animals . I like when people call out an AK but mention 400 yards Plus..LOL..It wasn't built for that it was build to hit a Man at 200 and can do that all day. The AR guy complains about a scratch on the receiver the AK guy complains about ..........................

(This was all in good fun so please don't get panties in a bunch)

Variety, my friend. I've built so many AR's at this point I could do it with my eyes closed. It shoots even better than it looks. [wink]

I understand completely. Its your gun. All that matters is that you like it. Either way. Its a handsome piece.

Back
Top Bottom