AK-47/74 Build Party 2015 - It's Official

Check your parts if you would. The AK gremlins got me and I can't find my firing pin and associated parts for my bolt! I took my bolt apart at the party and put the little parts in a small zip lock bag. I have looked every where and can't find that little bag. I had to leave the party by a certain time so I was in a rush packing up all my stuff when I left. I finally finished my rifle and I realized I didn't have my bolt parts. I know it's a long shot but figured I would ask...

Only baggy that had anything in it was the baggy with all of 71montees stuff... Might try PM'ing him and see if maybe your stuff was in there with it.

Just wanted to thank everyone who threw in money to replace the Toth barrel pop kit. Totally unnecessary, but very appreciated.

Glad to be associated with such a great group.

ok so when I trtied to fire my ak, the hammer wouldn't even release to strike the firing pin. tried multiple rounds but can remember if I tried different mags. well anyways it didn't fire. I ordered some snap caps and put them in the gun and it cycled flawlessly. wtf. weird. kept trying it and it kept cycling. put the snap caps in a mags and it cycled fine. didn't have a problem at all. well to the range I have to go again to try different mags and different ammo because idk why it did that. I will try to manually load the gun with 1 round and no mag and fire it to see what it does. idk what the problem can be but hopefully I can make it out to the range soon

no problems with the safety. when I loaded the live round, the bolt got stuck and I had to use a mag to hit it back to get the round out. but like I said with the snap caps it worked flawlessly. i will have to get some pictures and videos with live rounds in there but idk when i will get to the range to do that

Pictures and video: Slow motion video is your friend.

Make sure the bolt isn't catching on the extractor but that wouldn't stop the hammer from falling.

If you can take the top cover off & take internal pics there might be something to fix before the range.

Pictures and video: Slow motion video is your friend.

Make sure the bolt isn't catching on the extractor but that wouldn't stop the hammer from falling.

If you can take the top cover off & take internal pics there might be something to fix before the range.

Yeah take a video dry firing with out the top cover .
Take a video with a snap cap , head space gauge etc in the chamber .

You didn't happen to be one of the guy who built a 47 and a 74?

Is it possible that the trigger just needs a quick sanding to smooth out any roughness? Sounds like the reset isn't setting the hammer loose, and onto the trigger hook.

Call off the search party. I found my little bag of parts for my bolt (firing pin, extractor, pins). Some how it ended up in a drawer in my tool box. All is good and my Polish AKM is ready to hit the range.

Any other range reports from the other builders?

Call off the search party. I found my little bag of parts for my bolt (firing pin, extractor, pins). Some how it ended up in a drawer in my tool box. All is good and my Polish AKM is ready to hit the range.

Any other range reports from the other builders?

I didn't build my 5.56 at the party . But me and tony did remove parts from the receiver to give to some one who lost a safety stop.

Things a tach driver . I was able to hit tanarite at the shoot with a slight hold over since I haven't zeroed it yet. need to get a better trigger since I can feel it sticking on the washer I tossed in to make up the space for the limit reducer.
I'm waiting for the alg triggers to come out. I'm doing this up as a alpha style build . All ready have some after market Russian parts in order .

So was this a build for us MA folks? I am in NH but I would be interested in trying something like this next time there is a build party. I would like a 5.56 AK, but there doesn't seem to be any good options at the price range I want (basically WASR range).

So was this a build for us MA folks? I am in NH but I would be interested in trying something like this next time there is a build party. I would like a 5.56 AK, but there doesn't seem to be any good options at the price range I want (basically WASR range).

Buy a 74 kit and a 556 barrel or 300blk they both work with 74 bolts .
Wasr are the low end in Ak's canted sights lose magwells

Already have an SLR107, and a wait a in 7.62. Shot a friend of mines cheap Romanian RPK and figured if you don't care about the folding stock might as well go cheaper.

I meant to write you MA folks in my original post. I am assuming that an NH resident can't go to an MA build party due to Mass laws.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom