AK-47/74 Build Party 2015 - It's Official

I don't mean to soil your glorious tribute to the Motherland thread with news of rifles made of aluminum <shudder> but about a hundred or so pages back (lol) there was discussion of such things.

We briefly touched on 80% AR receivers and jigs and when they might go on sale. For those from that discussion.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...0-AR-receivers-and-jigs?p=4515701#post4515701

We now return you to all things Warsaw pact.

I replied back in post 1371 that I double checked my stuff and didn't find anyone's missing parts. I can also donate some money if you figure out what everyone needs to chip in. Also Bigblue if you need anything welded I'm in Assonet,MA and don't mind helping out.
Sorry... I must have missed it when I went back to check on who had replied. Thank you.
$10 from me should have arrived, hoping we can get the replacements quickly.
That it did, and thank you as well.

I don't get how it hasn't been found. I could see it disappearing by accident... That's it though.

If I had to guess, I would say that if it were "found to have been taken by accident", the person is probably too embarrassed and afraid of the whiplash if they come forward.

Not to be an ass but any chance the kids decided to add a new toy to their chest? Reaching for straws here but that bolt carrier missing is weird.

Not to be an ass but any chance the kids decided to add a new toy to their chest? Reaching for straws here but that bolt carrier missing is weird.

Sorry, but they haven't seen any "fun pieces of metal" anywhere either. I asked a while ago. Most of the time when my things go missing, one of them is to blame, but they are pretty respectful of other peoples things. Wish it mixed in with the legos, but no dice :(

Donations sent :) Thanks to those that helped. We were able to cover the Toth Barrel Population Kit and the Bolt Carrier. Next time, we tighten down security. I'll even get red velvet ropes and a huge bouncer haha

I am shocked and thankful of the hospitality of those that attended this build. I had mentioned not to worry about the bolt carrier and that I'd replace it, so a big thanks is in order to everyone that helped in getting it replaced. The knowledge learned at the party was worth the carrier and then some. Again thanks to all! Much obliged

I still need to get my rivets welded. Ugh thought that would be easier.

Def learned a ton. Like
-populated barrels are popular for a reason
-nitride barrels are great UNLESS you have to drill the gas port. At an angle.
-budget 3x as much time as you think it will take
-Murphy's law always wins
-Shit happens. Stuff disappears. Even when you put it away 30 seconds ago.

Def learned a ton. Like

Agreed 100%

Success bitches!

After having to demill my rifle, send the barrel and front trunnion back to be correctly headspaced, and get it put back together again... I finally hit the range today.

First shot was as scary as ever. Didn't know if I'd be waking up in an ER or smiling. Everybody else stood back. Far back. It went boom, and everything was perfect ;)

After a subsequent 100+ rounds through it with zero issues, I'm proud to say my Polish Fixed Stock AK-47 is awesome!

Success bitches!

After having to demill my rifle, send the barrel and front trunnion back to be correctly headspaced, and get it put back together again... I finally hit the range today.

First shot was as scary as ever. Didn't know if I'd be waking up in an ER or smiling. Everybody else stood back. Far back. It went boom, and everything was perfect ;)

After a subsequent 100+ rounds through it with zero issues, I'm proud to say my Polish Fixed Stock AK-47 is awesome!

Nice man! I'm very close behind you. I finally got my rear trunnion riveted correctly. I'm assembling my fcg and should be ready to test fire by tomorrow. Realistically it might be a couple weeks before I make it to the range though. Mine is a Polish Fixed Stock as well.

Nice man! I'm very close behind you. I finally got my rear trunnion riveted correctly. I'm assembling my fcg and should be ready to test fire by tomorrow. Realistically it might be a couple weeks before I make it to the range though. Mine is a Polish Fixed Stock as well.
Fingers crossed for you, my friend ;)

Drum mag and a bayonet... Kiss my ass, Marsha!

76bd2a616e44ac8d9ca84a3f48489e4a.jpg

Check your parts if you would. The AK gremlins got me and I can't find my firing pin and associated parts for my bolt! I took my bolt apart at the party and put the little parts in a small zip lock bag. I have looked every where and can't find that little bag. I had to leave the party by a certain time so I was in a rush packing up all my stuff when I left. I finally finished my rifle and I realized I didn't have my bolt parts. I know it's a long shot but figured I would ask...

Def learned a ton. Like

It's much easier when your alone .
I built / populated my 5.56 build in hour and half . Granted I have a 90 deg gas bock lol so i drilled it from the start.
I wish I new of a 5.56 drum that I can swap tower so I can make one for my gun .
Also I need to get a 74 Bayonet.

It's much easier when your alone .
I built / populated my 5.56 build in hour and half . Granted I have a 90 deg gas bock lol so i drilled it from the start.
I wish I new of a 5.56 drum that I can swap tower so I can make one for my gun .
Also I need to get a 74 Bayonet.

You can't swap the tower on the beta drum?

Back
Top Bottom