AK-47/74 Build Party 2015 - It's Official

Would you believe my cleaning kit was missing the gas port reamer? After all that BS with the gas port, nitride barrel, and the reamer wasn't even in there. I still need to have those welded but I'm breaking the bitch in on my bday tomorrow whether she likes it or not.

I'll sell you a reamer for 100$
bb0d389ad397a316f8f06d11b0daf31b.jpg

I need to figure out some way to fund it lol.
Only thing I haven't figured out is the weird carry handle/sights .

Check your inbox... I sent the message to everybody. Hopefully the people that have been MIA from the forum since the party get the PM and help located some of these items.

Somehow I got someone else's Dremel, they got the better of the deal, my cord wasn't spliced. Think the number of players needs to be less next time.

I was the last to leave, and just put the dremel that was on the bench where mine was in the box. I have like five of them, but had one with tape on the cord. I will check when I get to work today. I kinda remember looking at it funny when I wrapped it up, but they all look the same, and it had the same collet and blade that mine always has.

ok question. who brought the dremels there, what brand were they, and where did you buy them?

I have four corded and a cordless, all Dremel. You can get them at any hardware, HD, Lowe's etc. The cordless suck imo, unless the new ones are better. The 3' flex shaft is not what it's cracked up to be. I don't like the quick change collet, just personal preference. 90%+ of what I do involves the heavy duty cut-off blades. With care, they can be used like a sander or angle grinder and much quicker than the sanding or grinding bits. Get a good, wraparound pair of yellow safety glasses, and wear them EVERY time you use it with the cutting wheels.

Mine was a Dremel brand, corded, no idea where it came from. Tackle box full of bits & attachments that now has two fewer Dremel wrenches bc somebody decided they needed to acquire them at an NES build party.

Finally got the AMD back from Ben, still needs tack welds for the rivet heads that sheared, I will get a pic up later.

I use a regular 3/8" wrench and mini screwdriver in the kit I use most. I can send you a wrench if you want.

I was the last to leave, and just put the dremel that was on the bench where mine was in the box. I have like five of them, but had one with tape on the cord. I will check when I get to work today. I kinda remember looking at it funny when I wrapped it up, but they all look the same, and it had the same collet and blade that mine always has.
Dan, I'm good with it. The one I've got works. Thanks.

Eh, **** it. Post-soviet russian guns are meh. Unlees you go build an AN-94. ;)

lol **** that pile of shit . Amazing idea but the way the bolt functions if you get a jam your ****ed . Victors tactical busted Russia and shot it. It got jammed and took 3 guys to un jam.
The other balance recoil system ak based gun is build in a heart beat if I could get all the prints to make that .

Got friends from mother land that can get prints or parts ? Lol.

I use a regular 3/8" wrench and mini screwdriver in the kit I use most. I can send you a wrench if you want.

It will cost more to mail than it's worth. Guess I just have to buy more Dremel bits for another wrench.

I have to second the advice on eye pro since the dremel spins back at your face when cutting.

Yeah, I aim the sparks down when I can. I am more concerned about when a wheel breaks. Though that usually happens when I rush or force it.

I have four corded and a cordless, all Dremel. You can get them at any hardware, HD, Lowe's etc. The cordless suck imo, unless the new ones are better. The 3' flex shaft is not what it's cracked up to be. I don't like the quick change collet, just personal preference. 90%+ of what I do involves the heavy duty cut-off blades. With care, they can be used like a sander or angle grinder and much quicker than the sanding or grinding bits. Get a good, wraparound pair of yellow safety glasses, and wear them EVERY time you use it with the cutting wheels.

I bought a Milwaukee cordless (m12) rotary tool. I ****ing love it.

Ok, so I've discovered that the brass push cylinder that is used with the Toth barrel tools is missing from my Toth barrel tool set that DudeAbides has. If anyone discovers it, please let me know. It looks like this:

AKBarrelTool3.jpg

Tips for locating holes for fixed stock rear trunnion:

My next step is to locate and drill holes for the rear trunnion. Any tips or tricks to locate the holes to drill easier? As well as fitment for the top cover. Should I just align the rear trunnion flush with the back of the reciever?

Back
Top Bottom