• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK-47/74 Build Party 2015 - It's Official

AK-47/74 BUILD PARTY 2015
Hosted by: crono1000

Yes, you read that title correctly - There will be an AK Build Party this year! First - BEFORE you ask questions, please read this whole post. People have been interested in doing another for quite some time now, and I've decided to take action! Mother Russia would be so proud...
Anyways, let's get on with this:

Build Party will happen on 5/16/2015 at 9am. It will be happening in a carport in my backyard. Not a shop with heat/ac - so plan accordingly with what to wear. Due to space limitations, I have to limit this party to 15 people (builders) - as it is, that's going to be a tight squeeze. But, as we only have so many tools, it won't really matter, as we can take turns getting things done. So please - only post IN if you are serious about building at this party. I'd hate to have this thing fill up with interested people that don't commit and end up forcing people out that would actual be building. So only commit if you really will be building. Please don't only post "IN" - include whether you will be building, or only assisting. Obviously if you are building, you may still help and watch. That's included, free of charge.

Things you will need:

1. 100% Receiver: There will be no spot welding of rails, or bending of flats at this party.
  2. De-milled Parts Kit: We do not plan to be cutting or grinding parts off your kits at this party - with exception of bayonet lug if needed.
  3. Populated Barrel: Due to time restraints, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to populate barrels. With headspace gauges, we will be able to completely build your gun whether you have populated the barrel or not. That way you can just get it populated after the party. That said, it's understandable that some of you may not be able to do the populating beforehand. We just can't promise that we can get every barrel populated, so we ask that you attempt to have this done prior - if possible.
  4. 922r Compliant Parts: This law states that you must have no more than ten foreign parts on a firearm. Therefore you will need six domestic parts. Receiver and Barrel are two. Add a Trigger Group (3) and Muzzle Brake (1), and you will be at the necessary six domestic parts.
  5. Rivet Set(s): I must insist that you buy and bring more than one set of rivets with you for your build. A missing rivet, or one that screws up is the last thing you need ruining your day.

Details:

• Date: 5/16/2015
  • Location: Gardner, MA (once you confirm IN, I will PM you with more specific info)
  • Time: 9am - until we are done ;)

Tools we should have available:

• Bolt Cutter Rivet Tool(s)
  • Drill Press(s)
  • 12 Ton Press
  • Trigger Guard Rivet Tool(s)
  • Go/NoGo Gauge(s) (for 7.62 & 5.45)
  • Barrel Press Tool
  • Grinder(s)
  • 6" Vice
  • Trunnion Rest
  • Tig Welder
  • Mallet(s)
  • Punch Kit(s)
  • Dremel(s)
  • Files
  • Drill Bits
  • Drill(s)
  • Numerous other hand tools

Useful Links:

www.ak-builder.com
www.atlanticfirearms.com
www.armsofamerica.com
www.apexgunparts.com
www.redstararms.com
www.whatacountry.com
www.nodakspud.com
www.ohioordnanceworks.com
www.gmriflebarrel.com
www.royaltigerimports.com
www.brownells.com

No Live Ammo! None! (except for inside your CCW, but that's obviously fine)
I think this rule is fairly understandable. While building in a confined area, it would be a seriously bad idea to have a gun actually go off. It would probably force me to never have people over to build guns ever again!

Confirmed "IN"

(Names in parenthesis are not confirmed yet, but have stressed a high interest - their spots are reserved unless they don't confirm)

Building: (P: populated barrel or U: unpopulated barrel) FULL - CLOSED
crono1000(P)
413dan(U)
goodzilla(P)
maswell(P?)
DudeAbides(U)
EvilDragon(U)
71montess(P)
rcwhat(P)
SIGPRO 226(P?)
pochito413(P)
EvoMcubed(P)
fireescape(P)
MadatMarek(P)
silva218(P)
bigblue(U)

Helping/Watching: FULL - CLOSED
warwickben (H)
dgrafton (H)
mistere (W/H)
MrJingles (W/H)
massBRS (W)
MadRussian(W)
Comrade Moustache(W/H)
Mrwinter617(W)

T-Shirts:
$15 EACH
(After discount from fundraiser)
SHIRTS HAVE BEEN ORDERED - NO CHANGES CAN BE MADE

To pay using PayPal:

1. Go to www.PayPal.com and Login
  2. Click on the "Send & Request" tab
  3. Then click "Send money to friends and family"
  4. Put in my number "9789305378"
  5. Then type the amount "$15.00"
  6. Click "Next"
  7. In the note section, ONLY type your NES Username (so I know who has paid)
  8. Then click "Send"

**If you'd rather pay with check/money order, please PM me**

T-Shirt (Size)(Pay Status)(Color):
crono1000(M)(M)(p)(Tan)(Charcoal)
bigblue(L)(L)(p)(OD Green)(Charcoal)
EvilDragon(L)(p)(Tan)
rcwhat(L)(p)(OD Green)
warwickben(M)(p)(OD Green)
goodzilla(XXL)(p)(Charcoal)
71montess(XXL)(p)(OD Green)
413dan(XL)(p)(Heather Navy)
dgrafton(L)(p)(OD Green)
DudeAbides(M)(p)(Tan*)
EvoMcubed(XL)(p)(Charcoal)
massBRS(L)(p)(Charcoal)
SIGPRO 226(XXXL)(p)(Heather Navy)
pochito413(XL)(p)(Charcoal)
fireescape(XXL)(XXXL)(p)(OD Green)(Tan)
MadatMarek(XXXL)(p)(Charcoal)
maswell(XL)(p)(Charcoal)
mistere(L)(p)(Charcoal)
MrJingles(XXL)(p)(Charcoal)
silva218(M)(p)(OD Green)
MadRussian(L)(p)(Charcoal)
Comrade Moustache(XL)(p)(OD Green)
Mrwinter617(XL)(p)(Tan)

What I'm Bringing (If anything):
crono1000: Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters, Macaroni Salad, Coleslaw, Dogs, Chips, Soda, Water

bigblue: Unicorn Mystery Casserole, Kitten Stew

EvilDragon: Build Tools (might be late)

rcwhat:

warwickben: Build Tools

goodzilla: Plates, Napkins, Condiments, Table, 4 Chairs, Cheese Curls, Drill Bits

71montess: 2x Box 'o Joe, 2x Dozen Donuts, 10x20 Party Tent

413dan: Brats, Dogs, Burgers, Side, Drill Bits

dgrafton: Build Tools

DudeAbides:

EvoMcubed: Build Tools

SIGPRO 226:

pochito413: Plasticware, Cups, Folding Tables

fireescape: Venison Chili, Venison Sausage

MadatMarek:

maswell:

mistere:

MrJingles:

silva218:

MadRussian:

Comrade Moustache:

Mrwinter617:

Last edited:
In! Will be building a Polish kit (underfolder converting to fixed) and MIGHT end up doing a second if nobody buys my spare Hungarian kit. As I've mentioned I don't have much for tools but I can bring spare drill bits (just tell me what kind/size) and maybe foods/beverage.

Last edited:
Been following this , I'm in too ! This will be great, thanks !
Building a Polish fixed stock , anything needed let me know what I can bring . I have dremel, grinder, bits and BFH if needed.

Last edited:
Anyone up for helping a first-timer populate their barrel? I've got everything but the rear trunnion ready to go for my build...

In! Will be building a Polish kit (underfolder converting to fixed) and MIGHT end up doing a second if nobody buys my spare Hungarian kit. As I've mentioned I don't have much for tools but I can bring spare drill bits (just tell me what kind/size) and maybe foods/beverage.

What do you have for spare parts. Is it a whole kit? Also, im most likely in but will update when im 100% sure

if you havent reached your quota id like to join.id be attempting to build a bulgy ak-74,but i''ll need someone to help me populate the bbl,i live on long island,so obviously i will be traveling to you.

if you havent reached your quota id like to join.id be attempting to build a bulgy ak-74,but i''ll need someone to help me populate the bbl,i live on long island,so obviously i will be traveling to you.

I'm sorry my friend, but far too many legal problems are presented throughout all of this. PM me with pics of a valid non-resident MA Class A LTC. That will at least give me a reason to see about what legalities would enable you to actually build at my party and travel back to Long Island. Just going off of your limited info though, I must decline in order to protect myself, and you.

I will be a hang around more likely. Always good to have an extra set of hands, eh? If there is room when I figure out finances I will build.

I'd like to spectate and drink vodka, then. (is that it's own category, or does that fall under "watching" ???)

Can we open carry while we drink copious amounts of vodka? Or is that it's own category too?

I'm interested in a build but I don't think that my stamp would be in by then so I may consider just hanging out to watch. and drink vodka.

I'd like to spectate and drink vodka, then. (is that it's own category, or does that fall under "watching" ???)
In for watching...
Can we open carry while we drink copious amounts of vodka? Or is that it's own category too?

I'm interested in a build but I don't think that my stamp would be in by then so I may consider just hanging out to watch. and drink vodka.
Also in for watching (possibly building)...
I'm in 100% cant wait.
And 100% in for building. No problem.

Back
Top Bottom