AK-47/74 Build Party 2015 - It's Official

Added an edit to the OP - we are officially full on groupies (watchers). I have limited space, and I already know its going to be packed. Our saving grace, is that obviously not everybody will be building at the same time. I have horseshoe pits, a dart board, a fire pit, and we'll be grilling and smoking food too. So we'll be plenty entertained whether busy building, or busy doing anything else :D

This is really coming together to be one hell of a great day. Hopefully the sun is shining!

May you please reserve a spot for me. I am trying to come up with the money to buy the kit off of dubeabides
I'll toss you on in parenthesis as being in to build. I must ask that you let me know for sure no later than March 15 though. That way if somebody else wants your vacant spot, they have time to get their stuff together.

Added an edit to the OP - we are officially full on groupies (watchers). I have limited space, and I already know its going to be packed. Our saving grace, is that obviously not everybody will be building at the same time. I have horseshoe pits, a dart board, a fire pit, and we'll be grilling and smoking food too. So we'll be plenty entertained whether busy building, or busy doing anything else :D

This is really coming together to be one hell of a great day. Hopefully the sun is shining!

Who's bringing the strippers?

I have a 6' plastic table too, but I figured we may need a couple to attatch grinders and clamps to. As well as ones strong enough to take a missed hammer blow.

I did a lot of my beating work on a piece of carpet on a concrete floor. No give and no damage from misses. Except my thumb!

I was planning on bringing a couple tables and some carpet.

I did a lot of my beating work on a piece of carpet on a concrete floor. No give and no damage from misses. Except my thumb!

I was planning on bringing a couple tables and some carpet.
Well, if that's good enough, I may not have to build any tables then. Good call on the carpeting. That's a great idea.

As long as there is enough space so nobody's elbow ends up in someone else's *******, it's all cool.

Folks, I just got my hands on a CZ-61 Skorpion kit. Should I build that instead at the party? I can still bring all the AK tools.

As long as there is enough space so nobody's elbow ends up in someone else's *******, it's all cool.

Folks, I just got my hands on a CZ-61 Skorpion kit. Should I build that instead at the party? I can still bring all the AK tools.

That's allot of welding, should use mig . Did you get one of the semi recivers? Weapons guild has some info. Is the 61 the 9mm.

I'll bring my space gun to the meet and my 45 ak so you guys can see the bolt mods for 9mm and 45 builds.

If you really want to bring it and try to get it built, I say feel free. Only problem is that the only welding equipment we'll have available is the Tig Welder that rcwhat said he could bring. Ben says mig though. So you guys will have to figure that out, as I - sadly - haven't a clue about welding.

That's allot of welding, should use mig . Did you get one of the semi recivers? Weapons guild has some info. Is the 61 the 9mm.

I'll bring my space gun to the meet and my 45 ak so you guys can see the bolt mods for 9mm and 45 builds.

Cool. You should definitely bring those. I'm sure everybody would love to see some of your creations.

EDIT: Hold on... Seeking permission from mods before letting this run..

Hey guys... Figured I'd try and raise a little bit of cash to help with my costs for this party. Doing a raffle for a brand new Bushmaster Stripped Lower Receiver. Entry is just $1.00. Figured I'd let you guys know, as you are all coming to the party. If you're interested in helping pay for the food and drinks, tools I plan to get for us, and whatever else comes along - This is a great way to do it, while also being given the chance to win the receiver :) No worries or problems if you aren't interested, of course. Here's the link: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...r-Receiver-Karma-Raffle?p=4337401#post4337401

Last edited:
I figured everybody here would be fine with chipping in a little for things. But I was going to do the receiver raffle anyways, and knew you all would probably rather get in on that as well. Still waiting for word from a mod (I messaged three of them). No problems though, we obviously still have plenty of time before the party. I just know from experience, that if you wait to do things, it quickly becomes too late to do things. Time flies...

After some discussion with BigBlue, I've come to the conclusion that some T-shirts are in order for this party... I got to do a little designing this week. Figured I'd try to get a few different styles out there to work with. Here's what I have so far.

FRONT: (breast pocket)
Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 11.41.14 PM.png

BACK: (across shoulders)
Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 11.34.31 PM.png

Just some ideas so far. I was also thinking about using the NES logo as well, but haven't started working with it yet.

After some discussion with BigBlue, I've come to the conclusion that some T-shirts are in order for this party... I got to do a little designing this week. Figured I'd try to get a few different styles out there to work with. Here's what I have so far.

FRONT: (breast pocket)
View attachment 128203

BACK: (across shoulders)
View attachment 128204

Just some ideas so far. I was also thinking about using the NES logo as well, but haven't started working with it yet.

Love the designs. If you could add "build party" under the front design I think its perfect.

Unless you intentionally left that off for politico reasons

Another couple designs I put together today... I added colors that seemed like decent t-shirt colors to go with the designs. I - personally - like the last one the most. The distressed version of it. I think it would make a nice shirt. My wife likes the second one the most. I think we should use that as the logo regardless of the design we choose though. Depending on what design we go with, it could be used in numerous places.

Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 4.39.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 4.50.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 7.18.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 7.28.21 PM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom