AK-47/74 Build Party 2015 - It's Official

Tips for locating holes for fixed stock rear trunnion:

My next step is to locate and drill holes for the rear trunnion. Any tips or tricks to locate the holes to drill easier? As well as fitment for the top cover. Should I just align the rear trunnion flush with the back of the reciever?
Come over and we can use the riveting alignment jig. Nice and easy ;)

Tips for locating holes for fixed stock rear trunnion:

My next step is to locate and drill holes for the rear trunnion. Any tips or tricks to locate the holes to drill easier? As well as fitment for the top cover. Should I just align the rear trunnion flush with the back of the reciever?

After you barrel is pressed and the rear sight block is on . Use the top cover to locate it do its a nice tight fit .

did any of the missing stuff show up?

No mags, no bolt carrier yet... I'm going to set up a thread for anybody that wants to donate to help replace them. Still quite upset that they could go missing and never turn up. Makes no sense that it could possibly be a mistake, and they would still not turn up by now.

Well, who on the original list has not yet responded to the thread? We might just have someone not check their bags yet.

I hate to say it but a roll call is in order. I think we can pretty quickly narrow it down but maybe that's just my opinion (even if it is simply to follow up more than accusations).

I don't enjoy paying for someone else's theft because I do that in Ma enough as it is with taxes.

Nobody is missing... Everybody has either chimed in, or at least read the PM about all the missing parts...
Not to call anybody out, but the only ones that haven't actually said anything are as follows:

MadRussian
rcwhat
silva218
Mrwinter617

I'm not about to point any fingers at any of them though. All seemed very polite, helpful, and decent.
I don't like it, but I can't just go and blame anybody. Sucks for the rest of us, but karma is a bitch, right ;)

I laughed out loud at the office.

I try.

Did you ever get your gas port drilled out? Mine took a total of 10 drill bits to drill out. Note to self: Nitride treated barrels are HARD. Really hard.

I still haven't got the rivets welded. I had a guy lined up but he flaked out on me last week and the ATF is taking their time with the form 20 (travel form) so I can't take it to NH to get a couple tack welds. My cursed build broke Ben's welding machine so that didn't work out either.

How many things can go wrong with a single build? lol

PS I wasn't trying to blame anybody but the fact remain that either there is a communication gap or an honesty deficiency.

I try.

Did you ever get your gas port drilled out? Mine took a total of 10 drill bits to drill out. Note to self: Nitride treated barrels are HARD. Really hard.

I still haven't got the rivets welded. I had a guy lined up but he flaked out on me last week and the ATF is taking their time with the form 20 (travel form) so I can't take it to NH to get a couple tack welds. My cursed build broke Ben's welding machine so that didn't work out either.

PS I wasn't trying to blame anybody but the fact remain that either there is a communication gap or an honesty deficiency.

You forgot the chunk of flesh from my hand.....

I try.

Dude... I'd test fire that with a vice holding the gun, a cord on the trigger, and a blast wall between you and the gun. It really is cursed!

I havent because I need to rotate my gas block like 5 degrees. Will probably get it done next week -- I'll let you know how it goes...

10 drill bits?? Did they break, or just wear out? I've found using a good cutting oil like TapMagic really helps, though that nitride is hard shit one way or the other.

10 drill bits?? Did they break, or just wear out? I've found using a good cutting oil like TapMagic really helps, though that nitride is hard shit one way or the other.

Both. Most got dull which required more pressure from the user that invariably led to increased lateral stress on the bit resulting in breakage.

I have yet to seen a pre-populated SBR barrel that is nitride coated, perhaps it's a sign?

I havent because I need to rotate my gas block like 5 degrees. Will probably get it done next week -- I'll let you know how it goes...

Both. Most got dull which required more pressure from the user that invariably led to increased lateral stress on the bit resulting in breakage.

I have yet to seen a pre-populated SBR barrel that is nitride coated, perhaps it's a sign?

I think it had more todo with the first bit chipping the the rest trying to drill through drill but chips. My carbide drill got that crap out and done in 5 mins.

This blows guys, but we learned a good one. I'm in let me know how much, I want to be invited to the next one. I have a feeling our whole group is gonna get blackballed ! Ha ha !

I think the idea of buckets and a door man is the best bet .
Simple enough I can drink and block the exit with my psl . No one will try to pass a dude with a semi auto 54r lol

This blows guys, but we learned a good one. I'm in let me know how much, I want to be invited to the next one. I have a feeling our whole group is gonna get blackballed ! Ha ha !
Crap :( lol
I think the idea of buckets and a door man is the best bet .
Simple enough I can drink and block the exit with my psl . No one will try to pass a dude with a semi auto 54r lol
Nobody will try and get by a guy that will shoot a semi exploded gun, that's for sure!

Nobody is missing... Everybody has either chimed in, or at least read the PM about all the missing parts...
Not to call anybody out, but the only ones that haven't actually said anything are as follows:

MadRussian
rcwhat
silva218
Mrwinter617

I'm not about to point any fingers at any of them though. All seemed very polite, helpful, and decent.
I don't like it, but I can't just go and blame anybody. Sucks for the rest of us, but karma is a bitch, right ;)
I replied back in post 1371 that I double checked my stuff and didn't find anyone's missing parts. I can also donate some money if you figure out what everyone needs to chip in. Also Bigblue if you need anything welded I'm in Assonet,MA and don't mind helping out.

Back
Top Bottom