AK-47/74 Build Party 2015 - It's Official

Think I could borrow the tools for a weekend so I can make myself a replica set of tools? I'll pick up and drop them back off wherever you want. And I'll throw in a case of beer of your choosing.

I don't need the welder and not ready to do another build just yet. I just want to make my own set of tools for future use. I'll move this convo to PM's.

I don't need the welder and not ready to do another build just yet. I just want to make my own set of tools for future use. I'll move this convo to PM's.

You should look at other tools that use the press for rivets. The heads get formed better and no worry about the bolts galling up .

http://akbuildingtools.com/COMBO.html

His price is so cheap it's worth it vs building lol . But if you got the stuff copy it.

8874c630cbaa2adc07603e655fefba1b.jpg

That is a much better tool for pressing the barrel then the weird t shape with set screws . The t one you fight with to keep it on and the set screws can snap.

You should look at other tools that use the press for rivets. The heads get formed better and no worry about the bolts galling up .

http://akbuildingtools.com/COMBO.html

His price is so cheap it's worth it vs building lol . But if you got the stuff copy it.

8874c630cbaa2adc07603e655fefba1b.jpg

That is a much better tool for pressing the barrel then the weird t shape with set screws . The t one you fight with to keep it on and the set screws can snap.

Or you shear the river heads off... ****ing possessed nitrided barrel.

....get a bigger hammer? I'm going to be rebuilding my AK in the near future, want to use a Nodak receiver.

It was literally breaking tools, drill bits, rivets, benches, and cutting people. I was surprised it didn't break the mallet when I was "adjusting" the front sight. I'm pretty convinced that it was/is possessed.

Are there even any kits around? Seems like there's plenty of receivers. Aside from under folders at midwY, seems like everyone is OOS.

Anyone familiar with new production Polish kits made by WBP in Rogow, Poland? Curious how they stand up vs surplus kits. Better? Worse?

eta- the reason I ask mostly is because Im looking to do a build using polymer furniture and most of the surplus kits I see are in wood. Theres a $40 difference in the new production with no furniture vs the surplus with wood. So I figure rather than putting the wood furniture on a shelf and buying polymer, its better to save $40 and put it towards polymer, as long as the quality of the parts kits are comparable.

http://armsofamerica.com/polishmodelwbpakm-47partskit762x39calwnitridebarrelwithoutfurniture-2-1.aspx

Last edited:
I'll buy/trade your polish wood if you don't want it. I don't trust anything out of Poland that wasn't out of the original Radom Lucznik factory.

Actually found a video saying they use cast trunnions (WBP), which from what little I know about ak's is less than desirable. Probably best to stick with surplus.

A lot of amds and underfolders as well as sites like aoa. Want to give me an email? If you do buy one try to save on shipping if possible. I've been doing a fair amount of looking the past couple weeks. Unsure what route I want to go, unless I find an AK that is inexpensive already built in the style I'm hoping for.

Back
Top Bottom