• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AG wins her gun ban

Look man Vermont is an anomaly. I grew up there. Burlington was a liberal bastion 30 years ago only the rage back then was Phish and the Pothole Bandit. I was friends with 2 of the 4 teen black males in that city. Now it might as well be little Somolia and crapholes like Winooski drown in diversity. So all that OMG where did that come from crap has been stewing a long time like the gravy for Nectars fries. I am just surprised it took this long...

View attachment 229060

The fun thing is the antis have tried to pull horseshit there like the last 48 times this came up, and it failed nearly every time.... because the locals applied enough
pressure to crack the pols. Sometimes even the D's flipped, too. (or they'd not show up to vote, etc).

IMO what happened in VT is a firm result of external influences from shitberg et al. Someone in his camp came up with this and pitched
it to a few anti gun movers there...

-Mike

A couple of things jumping out at me.

Healey knew she had this in the bag, as in literally knew, how else would she have digested the 47 page order, written two press releases, a speech, and organized to have those "student leaders" on the platform with her, all within two hours? She's either the most efficient bureaucrat ever, or like I said, knew...

Also, she just cemented 4 more years for herself as AG, unless of course she decides to run for governor, and that's pretty much shoe in as well.

This means that any Governor or AG in any state can now impose the same ban without any legal implications. They only have to answer to the voters. That means that any blue state can do this.

People who think that they can just move to another State to avoid this stuff are fooling themselves. Most States are only a few percentage points away from being Massachusetts right now.

Soooo......when does that tree get watered?

You go first.

I think the best things about these threads are the "better than you" people that moved away, yet are still a member here so they can chime in about how everyone that stays here are idiots...And then the guy that says he is gonna go buy him 5 or 6 lowers,typical low IQ response.

Does it really give you guys a sense of satisfaction to post mostly about awesome and smart you are because you moved,while pointing out how dumb everyone is for staying ?

Last edited:
You go first.

I think the best things about these threads are the "better than you" people that moved away, yet are still a member here so they can chime in about how everyone that stays here are idiots...And then the guy that says he is gonna go buy him 5 or 6 lowers,typical low IQ response.

Does it really give you guys a sense of satisfaction to post mostly about awesome and smart you are because you moved,while pointing out how dumb everyone is for staying ?

You know this is Northeast Shooters, not Massachusetts Shooters, right?

There aren't going to be any. Hell the judge said right in the ruling "this lawsuit is bunk because she hasn't prosecuted anyone".

-Mike

This just further emboldens her to use her bully pulpit to browbeat shops and gun owners to follow her edicts.

Bob

Say Maura did prosecute, what's the penalty for a single offense? Would it apply to both the buyer and FFL, or just one of those?

I'm thinking of a scenario the day after another Gorsuch is confirmed after RBG dies - where one of us (with spotless record) that means it when they talk of sacrifice - publicly purchases on AR15 that was legal on 7/19.

Say Maura did prosecute, what's the penalty for a single offense? Would it apply to both the buyer and FFL, or just one of those?

I'm thinking of a scenario the day after another Gorsuch is confirmed after RBG dies - where one of us (with spotless record) that means it when they talk of sacrifice - publicly purchases on AR15 that was legal on 7/19.
Let's not forget that Thomas is getting up there in age too. We're hanging on by a thread.

Other states will hold this up as settled law. No AR's under the second amendment. Question next is what other guns will be decreed not protected. If the AR15 is not protected because they claim it is based on a military weapon then I submit that every 1911 is also not protected. And if the military adopts a firearm does that mean it is now not protected (Sig P320).

What are the chances supreme court will take the case

This is pretty big. I don't see how the Supreme Court could choose not to hear this. It involves all of the gun owners in an entire state. If this case is not heard by the Supreme Court, Healy could declare us all felons and we could all lose our LTC's. Maybe that's her plan. Geez, then she would be the dem that got all of the guns in Ma. off of the streets.

Last edited:
This is pretty big. I don't see how the Supreme Court Could choose not to hear this. It involves all of the gun owners in an entire state.

CalGuns.net says, “Hi, remember us?”

They have a thread on this bullshit and the dishonest quote mining by Young effectively spitting on Scalia‘ grave.

Yesterday, Maura Healey cheered a decision by the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts which dismissed a challenge by law-abiding gun owners to her unilateral law, issued without input from the Legislature or Governor, to redefine what rifles are allowed in the Commonwealth and which ones she has the right to confiscate.

This is a decision with broad implications not only for the Second Amendment but also for the Separation of Powers and how much authority government officials have in our constitutional republic.

If the sitting Attorney General is re-elected, we will no doubt get Maura the same. We need to elect a leader to that office who will put politics aside and enforce our laws to protect our people. Dan Shores is that person, and he is the only chance we have to bring common sense, integrity and the rule of law back to our great Commonwealth.

Will you join us in fighting to defeat Maura Healey? $10, $25, or $50 contributions are welcomed and will make a difference.

You know this is Northeast Shooters, not Massachusetts Shooters, right?

Of course,and I'm not referring to the majority of people on NES not residing in MA..I'm talking about the very vocal minority that only seem to post in threads about MA laws then proceed to call anyone who lives in MA an idiot and then patting themselves on the back about how smart and awesome they are.

It gets really old.

Other states will hold this up as settled law. No AR's under the second amendment. Question next is what other guns will be decreed not protected. If the AR15 is not protected because they claim it is based on a military weapon then I submit that every 1911 is also not protected. And if the military adopts a firearm does that mean it is now not protected (Sig P320).

Don't forget the Beretta 92.

Some military units are using Glocks and Sigs now too.
I guess I'll have to dust off the "Fanner Fifty", but I don't know where I'll find those little self stick caps for the ammo.

Last edited:
This was a federal district court. The losing party can appeal to the Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. Appeals to the circuit courts are non-discretionary -- the circuit court must hear it. After that a losing party can ask the en banc First Circuit to hear the case (that is discretionary). If en banc review is denied, or not asked for, or goes adversely, the losing party can petition SCOTUS to hear the case, which is also discretionary.

So is NRA going to support an appeal? It would seem that if appealed and overturned, it would be quite a victory.

Back
Top Bottom