AG wins her gun ban

As far as I know not one person has been prosecuted
under the “mandatory one year in prison” for illegal possession law.
I think that passed in the 70s? They love making laws that
they’re never going to use other than just to threaten.

I said this in the bump-stock ban thread... they will move to ban and require the turning in of AR15's next ,just like bump stocks.

Step one has been accomplished.
Step two will be coming shortly.
Unfortunately, we won't be so lucky. She isn't that stupid.
Well, if she is not going to prosecute, why would we follow this BS?
You got it!

F' it. I don't even care anymore. Come kick my door in and be prepared to lose a few of your jackboots before you drop me.

Nah that's not how it will go though. Threatening letters will come and we each have to decide what to do. What happens if you just completely ignore them? Are they going to come knocking?

with current financial controls they can pretty much issue a bunch of fees on top of fees for non-compliance, cancel your DL, seize your bank account and make you homeless. At that point you won't have anything to defend anymore and jackboots won't need to kick your doors either.

I just don't understand how the judge reasons that the 2A doesn't include a semi-auto rifle because it "was originally based on a design of a military weapon". Well, doesn't every firearm fit that mold? Handguns and certain(?) long guns are protected? They were at one time and still are utilized by the military also? Where and how, legally, do you draw that line with any reasoning? I guess if Eugene Stoner had definitely said "No, my intention was a civilian rifle but then realized it could be used by the military", but unfortunately that ship has sailed. Very frustrating

if you read entire PDF of the decision, it's nonsense built upon figuring out what a single f***ing sentence is. 2a IS NOT A f***ING RIDDLE! You know what it says, I do, a kid would know and so are judges, but they can't admit to it, so they create these f***ing constructs to support a ban by claiming that it didn't include this or that, whatever, as long as in the conclusion they can say that banning guns is legit under our Constitution.

in the 1700's, muskets were ACTUAL weapons of war. Hence, weapons of war used to be protected by the 2nd Amendment.

By their logic any information spread by anything newer than moveable type is a violation of the 1st.

So glad I got out of MA. I may go buy another stripped lower or five, just to have in inventory.

...and truthfully, you didn't really think the judge would rule against her....you had a better chance at hitting that $500M mega millions ticket.

with current financial controls they can pretty much issue a bunch of fees on top of fees for non-compliance, cancel your DL, seize your bank account and make you homeless. At that point you won't have anything to defend anymore and jackboots won't need to kick your doors either.
There's no iron curtain around ma. You are free to go. If you prefer, job, schools, friends, neighborhood, money, etc., etc., over your freedom, then you have made your choice so why keep crying about it. Really guys get over it or do something about it. Not trying to insult you brother but why lay down and be abused? Life is short and you're a long time dead!

well, if 20/17 edict was bullshit, why are we seeing $500 pre-Mora lowers on classifieds and no one openly selling ARs or AKs? She is not going to prosecute, right?

Because there are lots of suckers out there.

well, if 20/17 edict was bullshit, why are we seeing $500 pre-Mora lowers on classifieds and no one openly selling ARs or AKs? She is not going to prosecute, right?

Because it's MA and there are always enough gullible people/outright suckers around afraid of their own shadow willing to suck for an overprice. That problem existed long before her
edict. And on the dealer end, there's a possibility of non judicial punishment; as well as a generalized threat to their revenue stream. See also consent decree enemas, etc. There are several dealers selling stuff modified to meet the conditions of the edict, IIRC. These guys have the right idea, they can still (basically) sell the same product but hedge using the AGs own shit against them in a form of Estoppel as a defense. Most dealers are too lazy though, but I can't blame them. (people think selling guns is about 2A piety, but is actually about making money, just like anything else. Paying fine and lawyer for consent decree enema fight is not profitable. )

-Mike

well, it's state terrorism. No one wants to be the test case. Officially it's no go. Practically it's may be go. It's all about fear of prosecution. Fear. Instilling terror in MA subjects.

...but if she's not going to prosecute, there is no test case. The judge gave her a pyrrhic victory by stating that the vagueness wording does not meet the plaintiffs facial challenge to that definition. However, before stating that on pages 45 and 46, and I can't tell if he stated it or is citing another case, it reads, ("Should such [an unfair] prosecution ever occur, the defendant could bring an 'as applied' vagueness challenge..."). Therefore, the consensus in this thread believes that she will not prosecute, I assume based on the judge's decision in the above wording.

It also appears, that at best, all she can do is send out threatening letters of no significance, unless of course, she or the legislature changes the law.

I just don't understand how the judge reasons that the 2A doesn't include a semi-auto rifle because it "was originally based on a design of a military weapon". Well, doesn't every firearm fit that mold? Handguns and certain(?) long guns are protected? They were at one time and still are utilized by the military also? Where and how, legally, do you draw that line with any reasoning? I guess if Eugene Stoner had definitely said "No, my intention was a civilian rifle but then realized it could be used by the military", but unfortunately that ship has sailed. Very frustrating
Don't try to understand, you live in a modern day fiefdom where the rules only apply to the unconnected serfs. You can ring your hands and gnash your teeth till the cows come home it is NEVER going away. JHC I thought you guys were smarter than this. Good gawd look at the shit that goes on in that state. The cops are robbers, the judges are bought and paid for. The politicians get convicted of multiple felonies and walk free to their new radio host gig. Three speakers of the house are felons. If you don't understand then you have bigger problems. I'm ready to bail from this place after ten years. You are weak men and never would have survived my world. Sorry but call it tough love.

So we know "handguns" are protected, which this idiot judge recognizes, does that mean that AR pistols are protected? Where does this idiot imaginary line between protected class and not protected class lie? In law, decisions like this judges should be chastised to the fullest. They should be laughed right off the bench because it's so obvious the ruling is biased and political and an insult to justice.

There's no iron curtain around ma. You are free to go. If you prefer, job, schools, friends, neighborhood, money, etc., etc., over your freedom, then you have made your choice so why keep crying about it. Really guys get over it or do something about it. Not trying to insult you brother but why lay down and be abused? Life is short and you're a long time dead!

We are not crying, it's how we talk in MA [laugh] It's not just MA, it's a federal problem, the judge actually cites SC rulings, that applied to you too. When Trump will get his bumpstock ban, NH isn't going to sanctuary them. We are doing something about it, namely getting enough people pissed off and moving off their asses. NHites also need to get busy if you don't want VT-II.

Keeping freedoms is 24/7 job in this climate, no escape, no rest for the weary.

How many have been prosecuted in New York? .
.anyone.. Eaxctly.

Under their new BS? Maybe a few cases but never really looked into it. Their AWB expansion was actually codified into law, though. So I would expect it to
be a bit different situation rather than the largely fake crap we have in MA.

-Mike

That is definitely my biggest concern.

I don't think it will get to that point - I think it will be more legal and political trouble than it is actually worth for them. That said, we'll see what happens in Deerfield. Deerfield is the government's (note that I am not confining this to liberals/Democrats) wet dream. If that somehow manages not to become a shit show then all bets are off.

What happened in Deerfield?

Handguns are protected by AR-15's. Guess what they go after when the Semiauto rifles are gone...

Well at least handguns are actually USED to kill people. How many humans have ever been shot with an AR-15? Couple hundred since 1950? (I exaggerate for effect, obviously, but not by as much as one might think)

Back
Top Bottom