Active Shooter News Report

Ross, Ross, Ross... Its my dual sarcastic/complimentary post when something occurs in Ohio that is featured here on the list.

And what's up with the dog and 3 broken swords avatar? [thinking]

Wolf.

And if you'd ever seen me when I was on the tourney field (when I was in the SCA), that's the coat of arms that's on my shield. Per fess sable and gules, a wolf's head erased argent between three swords, each fracted in chevron, proper.

Wolf.

And if you'd ever seen me when I was on the tourney field (when I was in the SCA), that's the coat of arms that's on my shield. Per fess sable and gules, a wolf's head erased argent between three swords, each fracted in chevron, proper.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I just love to hear you talk medieval. [wink]

Wow... a news report that points out the obvious?

While I'm not shocked, I think that report might as well have given a forecast for Hell saying 33 degrees and falling...

LARPing as cats?

In all seriousness, though, I hope departments all over the country have taken note of the proper tactics to use in an active shooter scenario... and provide the officers who respond with the correct equipment to be able to do it correctly. I think the second point is probably the one that's more difficult.

I know Lynn has adopted this or a similar stance.
IIRC, the word expendable was used with regards to the first responders.

A trained cop up against a pissed off teenager is not the same as storming the beaches of Normandy. They are far from guaranteed dead if they go in. In fact, the whole rationale has been that these punks off themselves in order to ensure the cop doesn't fail to do it for them.

Last edited:
The effort to differentiate Active Shooter response from Barricaded Subject response has been ongoing for some time. The pace has been glacial, and the "new" approach is controversial not only for the obvious reasons, but for a bunch that would surprise you.

Why is it controversial? How about surprising me?

Good article, but I will say one thing.

Ohio's general firearm laws are very good, unlike Massachussetts. However, Ohio's CCW law SUCKS ASS and in that regard Mass is MUCH better.

Ohio's list of restricted places is so f***ing long that it is virtually impossible to carry effectively and obey the law 100%. I know, I have tried.

Now I just do what I gotta do and roll with whatever happens should I ever have to use it for real.

The major problem is three-fold: can't carry in ANY place that serves liquor for on-premise consumption, any signs posting no CCW in private places carry a misdemeanor penalty if ignored (even if no one tells you to leave), and employers can ban firearms in cars parked on their premises.

Back
Top Bottom