Active Shooter News Report

[shocked] [shocked] [shocked]

I can't believe that was on a local news channel. Must be in one very RED state!

I could only wish something so brutally honest could ever be shown on one of our local channels.

If nothing else, the report indicates that communities who have experienced the devastation of mass murder have come to the understanding that gun free zones are killing fields for those who have intentions of committing mass murder and creating headlines. It is officially admitted that having armed citizens may enable them to stop a killer before too many lives are taken. This information would be treated as heresy in mASSachusetts. I hope this information continues to be spread and that more people take notice.
Best Regards.

Blue Ash police chief Chris Wallace had it right:

"Seconds count. You don't have ten minutes."

I'm glad that LEOs are thinking this way.

My father in law teaches "active shooter" for two counties worth of police officers. He has been training people on this new tactic since right around the VT shooting. The tipping point was the shooting in the Amish schoolhouse where two officers were waiting for backup outside while the shooter was executing schoolgirls inside.

The effort to differentiate Active Shooter response from Barricaded Subject response has been ongoing for some time. The pace has been glacial, and the "new" approach is controversial not only for the obvious reasons, but for a bunch that would surprise you. Nonetheless, I'm gratified that progress is being made, even in The People's Republic.

Two of the biggest challenges at the moment are budget (direct and indirect costs of training) and the growing resistence to unannounced, remotely viewable cameras in likely Active Shooter venues. (It is accepted that a good camera system can enhance the effectiveness of a prompt response by something between four and ten-fold.)

How true but I can't do anything but sit back and laugh sadly at what so many of us already knew and preached before this. Fing moonbats still think police training is the answer! The will never get there on time and they will never prevent so just get used to it. Anything less is a Suck In to the ignorent

How true but I can't do anything but sit back and laugh sadly at what so many of us already knew and preached before this. Fing moonbats still think police training is the answer! The will never get there on time and they will never prevent so just get used to it. Anything less is a Suck In to the ignorent

You do not change core beliefs like how they view 911 and the police over night. It will take time, and most importantly they have to get it from people other than those like us.

This kind of report is very much a step in the right direction.

They do this on no-knock warrants all the time anyway. Instead of reporting a school shooting, they should just tell the cops that there's a guy inside with a roach.

buckeyesportsstuff_1996_37366347.gif

What else? [wink]

They do this on no-knock warrants all the time anyway. Instead of reporting a school shooting, they should just tell the cops that there's a guy inside with a roach.

Although this was the funniest shit I have read all night, I will take HC's side in advance that there is no actual comparison to make. Funny nonetheless.

Good stuff, especially for a local news network. I didn't think the news media was in the truth business anymore. One thing I wish they would have mentioned when the talked about Virginia Tech how he shot 47 people before police could respond is that the police were already on the scene BEFORE the shooting started. Imagine if they were five or 10 minutes away how many more people would have been injured or killed. "Upon first encounter with armed resistance, the shooter usually kills themself". That means one armed student at VT would have (statistically speaking) stopped the attack dead in its tracks.

The news needs to point that out because the majority of anti gun people aren't smart enough to put 2+2 together on their own.

Hearing them state that a sign declaring a "Gun Free Zone" as being equivalent to an invitation to mass murder just feels so good!

Robb, WTF is with this stupid photo you keep posting? You bucking for the Capt Walt Non-Sequitur Of The Week Award??

Ross, Ross, Ross... Its my dual sarcastic/complimentary post when something occurs in Ohio that is featured here on the list.

And what's up with the dog and 3 broken swords avatar? [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom