Active shooter in TX

I agree with storage laws to a certain extent if they are implimented properly. These father's who have middle school kids need to be more aware of the signs of depression, take more care into their son's or daughters lives and for certainly have guns locked away and not easily accessible.

Where it gets iffy is how they go about that, I think the law should obviously only apply to parents with adolescent children, if they say "guns must be locked at all times" then I say suck on my patriotic, bald eagle loving nuts. But if they say "Guns must only be locked when you are not home, guns can't be readily accesible to children who are not in the supervision of adults" I might agree with that. Safety is key. I keep my guns locked up when i'm not home and I don't even have kids.

It's a touchy grey area, but I certainly favor that over f'ing with my damn right to buy or possess guns. Their has to be a middle ground, I'm willing to flex but not break.

There is no middle ground any more.
Because there is no compromise any more.
And that is because compromise doesn't mean anything to gun grabbers, it's just one more step towards their goal.

I lived in CT for forty years. I've lived in Georgia for two years. I now spend my summers in CT and see firsthand the differences between living in a nanny state and a free state. I just drove 1000 miles and drove AROUND New Jersey because I had a couple hundred rounds of hollow points in my truck, (and a "freaking arsenal") and wasn't willing to risk a traffic stop for speeding turning into a felony arrest.

Oh yeah - and I had a bunch of empty "high capacity" magazines with me - so when I crossed through New York - I was breaking the law there too.

This after I spend the time to educate myself on the laws of the states that I'm traveling through, make sure that I understand FOPA, (and print a copy of it to bring with me), have multiple carry permits. And it's still a pain in the neck to travel. I stowed away my carry firearm before I left Virginia because I'm not legal in Washington or Maryland. Left it stowed until I hit Connecticut. I felt naked without it.

Braintree Parent Brings Gun To Elementary School

I'm surprised this isn't getting more traction. See ERPO works, but he is pretty flipping dumb to take a gun to an elementary school. This tragedy today will only further the call for this and since a bipartisan bill has already been crafted by both R's and D's you could see ERPO at a federal level where they will give states extra money if they follow ERPO since they won't enforce states to do so.

One more illustration of how gun free zones only work on harmless gun owners.

My son fears me more than the police!
See the police would only be there to lock him up if he did as this boy did.
I would be the one in court asking for the death sentence for what he had done!
He knows better and that he alone would bear the blame for his actions.

MassachussettsMosinNagant you better make sure you lock up your car keys as those are already assault type vehicles!

Lockup criminals, not our guns!

Keeping firearms away from children is one thing.

But this young adult knew what murder is when he took those firearms!

Last edited:
I agree with storage laws to a certain extent if they are implimented properly. These father's who have middle school kids need to be more aware of the signs of depression, take more care into their son's or daughters lives and for certainly have guns locked away and not easily accessible.

Where it gets iffy is how they go about that, I think the law should obviously only apply to parents with adolescent children, if they say "guns must be locked at all times" then I say suck on my patriotic, bald eagle loving nuts. But if they say "Guns must only be locked when you are not home, guns can't be readily accesible to children who are not in the supervision of adults" I might agree with that. Safety is key. I keep my guns locked up when i'm not home and I don't even have kids.

It's a touchy grey area, but I certainly favor that over f'ing with my damn right to buy or possess guns. Their has to be a middle ground, I'm willing to flex but not break.

No, no, no. Agree with safe storage. Don’t agree with the Government telling us how to be safe. The same government that shot down an Iranian passenger jet? Bombs hospitals and embassies? Gives guns to drug lords by accident? They don’t know shit about safe storage of weapons and shouldn’t be making laws for us to follow like sheep.

Krld. Am 1080 Dallas.
I can never believe what I hear on a radio anymore

2001 911, heard reports of a crash and major explosion at JaX. False. Same day different AM channel in Florida, reports of a cesna crashing into the state capitol building. False . Heard reports that a hijacked plane was chasing the president's motorcade on highway 100 , false.

Trying to resist the urge to poke twitterians who are blabbing about AR15s now .

Need more info on how this guy got in school with a trenchcoat. Ban trenchcoats?

Anyone want to start a Kickstarter with me for a company making cookie cutter 20 ft shipping containers with integrated camera + NFC swipe systems?

Concept is simple. Swipe badge. Greet person. Have a minimum two sentence conversation. With greeter.

If you can't swipe. You can't get in to talk to greeter .if you can't have a two sentence good morning, how's the doggie conversation with the greeter, you can't get in and have to talk to the SRO.

I doubt any 17yo pending mischief can handle talking to someone who is asking him questions about the weather without triggering early .

No, no, no. Agree with safe storage. Don’t agree with the Government telling us how to be safe. The same government that shot down an Iranian passenger jet? Bombs hospitals and embassies? Gives guns to drug lords by accident? They don’t know shit about safe storage of weapons and shouldn’t be making laws for us to follow like sheep.
Not sure that giving those guns to drug lords was by accident but that is a conversation for another Day.

Totally agree. I always lock my stuff up. Not because it is the lawr but because it makes sense for me having kids. The government should not be inserting itself into what happens in my home

Not sure that giving those guns to drug lords was by accident but that is a conversation for another Day.

Totally agree. I always lock my stuff up. Not because it is the lawr but because it makes sense for me having kids. The government should not be inserting itself into what happens in my home

And it's really unnecessary. I bet you thousands of free state dads out there are locking up their guns right now, if they have kids in the house. People learn, we don't need a new government law to learn something.

And it's really unnecessary. I bet you thousands of free state dads out there are locking up their guns right now, if they have kids in the house. People learn, we don't need a new government law to learn something.

We dont lock up guns. We pay attention to our kids. We talk to them and raise them. We talk to their teachers and their friends. We make sure they're not depressed or feeling like leper outcasts. Nothing about this situation has anything to do with guns being accessible. He clearly would have just made more bombs and used them if he couldn't get a firearm.

I'm surprised this isn't getting more traction. See ERPO works, but he is pretty flipping dumb to take a gun to an elementary school. This tragedy today will only further the call for this and since a bipartisan bill has already been crafted by both R's and D's you could see ERPO at a federal level where they will give states extra money if they follow ERPO since they won't enforce states to do so.

Vacher, who was a licensed gun owner

was being the key word here.....

We dont lock up guns. We pay attention to our kids. We talk to them and raise them. We talk to their teachers and their friends. We make sure they're not depressed or feeling like leper outcasts. Nothing about this situation has anything to do with guns being accessible. He clearly would have just made more bombs and used them if he couldn't get a firearm.

That’s ideal, but parents with trouble kids, whether from bad parenting or genetic misfortune will lock up their guns after seeing this stuff.

The left cannot see that their own destruction of family and school discipline caused these events. This kid wore black trench coats to school, for crying out loud like the Columbine kids. Only libs would think that’s ok.

That’s ideal, but parents with trouble kids, whether from bad parenting or genetic misfortune will lock up their guns after seeing this stuff.

The left cannot see that their own destruction of family and school discipline caused these events. This kid wore black trench coats to school, for crying out loud like the Columbine kids. Only libs would think that’s ok.

I generally agree with you, but it’s not even that simple. I’ve been teaching HS long enough to understand that a WHOLE lot of kids simply enjoy dressing in black trench coats, then somehow magically avoid shooting up the building. People can generally be trusted to choose their own clothes without the schools’ interference, I’d say.

Funny how when you point out that compared to unions and moveon.org; the NRA contributes a fraction to politicians - the problem then becomes how the NRA rates politicians and can bring or deny votes. A former military friend (served together) trotted out the NRA is a terrorist organization line; they want the NRA gone so the 2A is easy pickings

If you read this very carefully, nothing here indicates he brought the gun into the school. The "failure to properly secure a firearm" charge indicates a storage violation. It sounds like he left it in a backpack in the car.

This sounds like a set-up to me. Estranged family member or friend knows he carries and knows hes going to a school meeting, calls police right on schedule...

If you read this very carefully, nothing here indicates he brought the gun into the school. The "failure to properly secure a firearm" charge indicates a storage violation. It sounds like he left it in a backpack in the car.

This sounds like a set-up to me. Estranged family member or friend knows he carries and knows hes going to a school meeting, calls police right on schedule...

They found the gun after removing him from school, probably he was acting erratically or something.

They found the gun after removing him from school, probably he was acting erratically or something.

Per the article:

Police became aware of Vacher when a family member contacted them with concerns about his mental health and requested a wellness check, according to the statement. When it was learned that Vacher was at the school, officials advised school staff that the building go under lockdown as a precaution, police said

Finding the gun after removing him from the school could just mean they searched his car or he (stupidly) volunteered that he had it in there

That’s not the point, the point is all about ERPO. They can hang their hat on this one.

So they're gonna parade that poor girl around now which wasn't surprised that a school shooting happened at her school. I would wager a bet that if you went to every just about 500,000 high schools in this country, you would find kids in every one of them that would say the same exact thing except a shooting won't happen at their high school. I really get more and more stomach-wrenching sick from the media and gungrabbers everytime someting as horrible as a school shooting happens cuz you know it's coming. Parade the survivors and make t-shirts out of their hurt feelings. Bottomfeeding leeches

I'm still in a Facebook thread with that friend from my days in the USAF. They just can't get past 'need' and 'designed to kill', they have shifted to all semi's should be banned as well apparently.

Ok David , gear up , nut up and let's go.
Come in right at the front of the stack or STFU.

You didn't read far enough. He basically said "just kidding, now that I have your attention, please compromise".

Gun owners now are subject to the very threat that 2 A was written, that was promised that no one wanted to do. Gun owners actually need their guns now more than ever before.

You didn't read far enough. He basically said "just kidding, now that I have your attention, please compromise".

Gun owners now are subject to the very threat that 2 A was written, that was promised that no one wanted to do. Gun owners actually need their guns now more than ever before.

I'm not sure he was kidding.
He just wants someone else to get their hands dirty for him.

This is it NES, he's comin to get yer gunz! Howz it feel to be BTFO'd by the guy who's single handedly gonna shred the second amendment (he'll have a soy latte in the other hand). Here's a pic of the last thing you'll ever see as he makes entry into your bunker. He's on the right, guy on left may be CIA, Im not sure.

CzBLD_mUsAAp3y7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom