• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active shooter in TX

Some kids get it....

‘I Don’t Think Guns Are the Problem,’ Says Santa Fe Shooting Survivor

“I don’t think guns are the problem — I think people are the problem,” Alex Carvey, a 16-year-old student at Santa Fe High School, told NBC News. “Even if we did [have] more gun laws, people who are sick enough to do something like this are still going to figure out a way to do it. So it doesn’t matter.”

Some kids get it....

‘I Don’t Think Guns Are the Problem,’ Says Santa Fe Shooting Survivor

“I don’t think guns are the problem — I think people are the problem,” Alex Carvey, a 16-year-old student at Santa Fe High School, told NBC News. “Even if we did [have] more gun laws, people who are sick enough to do something like this are still going to figure out a way to do it. So it doesn’t matter.”
Remember this old adage? "A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still tying its shoes."

The same goes for honest responses to these shooting incidents. "WE MUST DO SOMETHING!" rages in the headlines, before anyone notices the other responses.

Here we go.....time to buy more insurance...

Family of Santa Fe victim seeks $1M in lawsuit

The parents of a student killed last week during the mass shooting at Santa Fe High School are seeking $1 million in a wrongful death suit that accuses the alleged gunman's parents of permitting their son access to their firearms. According to the wrongful death suit, Christopher Stone and Rosie Yanas, the parents of junior Christopher Jake Stone, say that Dimitrios Pagourtzis' parents failed to properly secure their firearms from their son, allowing him unsupervised access.

This is because someone (you) took him under your wing as a surrogate parent and showed him that there really are people out there that care. A scary amount of kids live in households where they've never been told by a parent that they are loved. That's just plain wrong and heartbreaking.

This can't be stated enough. My parents, my sisters and I used to always joke that our dog is more loved than some people's children. A couple years ago, my sister took a job teaching middle school in an "underserved" area, and found that may actually be more true than any of us ever realized...

Back
Top Bottom