• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter El Paso Texas August 3rd 2019

They are in shitty shape now but we need a reformed NRA, not for them to go away. If the Left didnt see them as a threat, they wouldnt be carrying on about them like they do.
Ex-effin-actly.
The NRA has many many problems but.. without them? We'd be using SuperSoaker Squirt Guns and Pepper Spray for defense.
Half a pound of "Sucks" is better than a pound of nothing in your holster.

Just sayin'

The dems were pushing it but they weren't getting very far until his comments.

He did make another knee jerk comment about suppressors too.

About time, but I'm not holding my breath. We'll have to wait and see what direction he takes.
I have to say Ive been dreading to hear what Trump has to say about the last couple of days.

Registered Democrat but statements to police, online activity, manifesto are all cartoonishly over the top characters of right wing positions.

I have no direct knowledge of his affiliation, but I will say that cartoonish right-wing positions do suggest an SJW play-acting as right-wing, especially when they include very many conservative positions. At the very least one doubts that the beliefs are genuine...or that the person is even sane. Maybe, for example, a person can be cartoonishly Christian and murder the staff at an abortion clinic, but they can’t do it without an internal narrative that makes it moral because it’s saving babies. This a**h*** shot a baby. So, I’m calling bullshit on the God-fearing, anti-abortion part at least.

If the Left didnt see them as a threat, they wouldnt be carrying on about them like they do.
Unless it's all a calculated ruse. I really don't see much fear from the dems. I see them making a scene but it strikes me more like an act than actual fear. We've gotten a lot more gun control on the federal level under the NRA's watch so I have a hard time believing that they fear them.

The NRA has a less compelling narrative than Schumer does, to the average voter that couldn’t care less about RKBA. Face it, dead babies are good PR. So far, the NRA hasn’t come up with a better counter narrative.

That’s the NRA’s fault. But they do remain the premier Fed-level gun organization, and at least they’re happy to draw mainstream fire away from smaller but more effective organizations on the state level.

I forget the exact quote or where it came from, but it was something like this...”A courageous man dies but once, while a coward dies a thousand deaths.”

Shakespeare. Julius Caesar.

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once."

But he was probably paraphrasing from someone earlier. He did that a lot.

The NRA has a less compelling narrative than Schumer does, to the average voter that couldn’t care less about RKBA. Face it, dead babies are good PR. So far, the NRA hasn’t come up with a better counter narrative.

That’s the NRA’s fault. But they do remain the premier Fed-level gun organization, and at least they’re happy to draw mainstream fire away from smaller but more effective organizations on the state level.

Premier? right now the NRAs outward appearance is a dumpster filled with trash that stinks.... their response to these incidents has always sucked whenever they attempt it, they'd be better off not saying anything.

I know where you are coming from Mike, and I respect that. Getting involved in a mass shooting is stupid and will absolutely effect the life of the defender, if he/she survives the incident for years to come. Add to that, arriving police don't know who or what you are and that greatly increases the likelihood of a terminal outcome for the defender.

All I'm saying is... I'm not built that way, and could not live with myself for "doing nothing."

There are worse things than Death...

~Enbloc

ETA: Forgot to attach the quote the first time. Doh! Hangover effect.

** I forget the exact quote or where it came from, but it was something like this...”A courageous man dies but once, while a coward dies a thousand deaths.”

Premier? right now the NRAs outward appearance is a dumpster filled with trash that stinks.... their response to these incidents has always sucked whenever they attempt it, they'd be better off not saying anything.

But for better or for worse, they’re willing to draw fire.

In case it hasn't been posted here yet, John Lott's Crime Prevention Research Center's new study of the last 20 years shows 89% of mass shootings occurred in GFZs. Not surprising, but its nice to have a number.

The link has some nice charts breaking things down by #killed, weapons used, shooter's characteristics: age, gender (females only do 3% of mass shootings), race, etc. The disturbing one is the trend-line showing that though the # of mass shootings has remained fairly level (about 4/year), the averge # killed is way up due to the really big ones.

Here's the ones with 15 or more:
2007: Virginia Tech - 32
2012: Sandy Hook - 27
2016: Orlando - 49
2017: Sutherland Springs Church - 26
2017: Las Vegas - 57
2018: Stonham High - 17
2019: El Paso - 20

I like the source of the numbers above. They do not include the perp if he was killed.

But for better or for worse, they’re willing to draw fire.

They are just the default whine target, doesn't matter much. The antis would just use the generic "the gun lobby" as a substitute. Them "taking fire" doesn't really do much. Maybe in the sense that it prevents the media from directly targeting gun owners as a generality. On the other hand if that happened maybe some shit would change because it'd force people to do something.

-Mike

How does a "Gun Free Zone" work in a Mall where the anchor stores like Walmart and Dick's SELL guns...?

For example: Pheasant Lane Mall (Nashua, NH) has a Dick's and they sell long guns and ammo.
PLM is a Simon's Mall and has a "GFZ" Policy.

For the record, this may be the only thing that I support about Dicks. (Until the FUDD Board of Directors say they are stopping sales...)
Dicks OWNS the property it's on, and actually a portion of the parking lot around it. They walk you out the door with any firearms purchase.

No, but If security personnel or a mall representative inform you of the policy, ask you to leave, and you do not comply, you could be jammed up on a trespassing charge.

Of course, said personnel could simply make a frantic man-with-a-gun call to the authorities to try to get someone they have detected carrying killed.
Actually...unofficially in the NH Malls owned by Simon, Security will ask you to "secure" your weapon. Ie: put it in your vehicle or walk out and come back in with it concealed- Unofficially. And no, I'm not a Mall Cop, but I do work for Simon.

03 Marine here. Take this for what it's worth, which admittedly is what most internet posts are worth.
But, I think most folks seriously underestimate the advantage a rifle has over any side arm. At 30 yards, even a 10/22 has an advantage over a pistol. A rifle round will pass through most of what is on the shelves and still be lethal. A 9mm hollow point will likely not.

Your best bet, and even this is a long shot, is to try and ambush the shooter at very close range. Hide in a clothes rack, wait for shooter to close or pass, then engage. If you don't neutralize the target with a single magazine, your chances for success plummet. If the target can get his muzzle swung around to engage you, your chances for success plummet. Even vs. a noob with a POS AK.

I think the biggest challenge would be to maintain control over yourself. Your adrenaline will be raging, your heart pounding and palms sweating. You may suffer tunnel vision and the report from his rifle will be deafening if he is close. Add to that the screaming and yelling, people scrambling, running and freaking out.

Again. Take the above for what it is worth. But I think I am going to start carrying more often with a round that starts with a 4. Shit like this is the new reality in America. And while I like my PM9 and Sig 365 and 320, I will feel just a little more comfortable with a full sized 1911 and three spare mags in a shoulder rig.
I worry about copy cats. If another white kid decides to reduce the immigrant population...How long before Latin gangs decides to retaliate ? And they are not going to do it in downtown brown town. They are going to roll up to suburbia. And they are nationwide. If they pull it off with any type of coordination, the ringing you hear in the back ground will be the alarm on the go time clocks. Tin Foil hat? Maybe. Spare box of 45 in the truck? Definitely.

I’m 1000% agreement with you re rifles vs handguns, only chance w a handgun vs rifle is ambush at close range and you better finish the guy off quickly.

(d) An offense under this section is:

. . .

(3) a Class A misdemeanor if:

. . .

(C) the person carries a deadly weapon during the commission of the offense.

Licensed vs unlicensed. Texas has no unlicensed carry. It only becomes a class A if they are informed by someone that they are trespassing and refuse to leave.

30.06 and 30.07 cover licensed carry trespass and signage requirements.
Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 30.07 | FindLaw
Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 30.06 | FindLaw

Yet another copy-cat shooting by a hyper-violence-ized* low-impulse control yute.

*someone who has become extremely aware of, even fascinated with, violence but lacks the emotional/psychological maturity to understand and apply personal and social limitations on the use of violence. Look up sexualized for an approximate analogy.

They need to raise the legal age of purchase to 22, and this would not have happened.
To an extent, that might work. Most of these mass shooters are men in their teens and 20s, a semi auto centerfire ban for those under 21 I can go for, but it's like you ban that, then they'll just go buy a pump action AR and do the mass shooting with.

What's causing a millennial to go out and do these killings? Are their futures so bleak that this is the only way for them to justify their existence? Go out in a hail of bullets and a blaze of glory that gets sensationalized by the media every time?

Go out in a hail of bullets and a blaze of glory that gets sensationalized by the media every time?
There are studies that show this helps to contribute to mass shootings. The media should only give the bare minimum of coverage necessary and not sensationalize these things.

To an extent, that might work. Most of these mass shooters are men in their teens and 20s, a semi auto centerfire ban for those under 21 I can go for, but it's like you ban that, then they'll just go buy a pump action AR and do the mass shooting with.

The other problem is you'd have to raise it to like 26 to possibly have an impact, assuming the belief that it stops anything is valid at all, which I don't think it is. If someone wants to kill a bunch of people a weak paper gun law isn't going to stop them from getting guns. Like you say- if the fudds had their druthers and under 21s only could buy fudd guns, there's nothing stopping them from doing something like loading up a couple of bird shotguns and going full retard.

What's causing a millennial to go out and do these killings? Are their futures so bleak that this is the only way for them to justify their existence? Go out in a hail of bullets and a blaze of glory that gets sensationalized by the media every time?

Media makes stupid and horrible people famous and incel losers crave attention. Also throw in grossly inadequate mental healthcare in this country. I honestly believe for better or worse years ago these people were sniffed out growing up and then sent to looney bins as appropriate. Problem is the "bins" these days are only for those gone completely off the rails.... The idea of taking the kid that tells his teacher at like 8 years old to f*** off and punches the teacher in the face, and icing the little shit in the looney bin for awhile doesn't exist anymore. Little douche jr is sent to counseling and told to swallow some drugs that nobody knows will work or not...

-Mike

Last edited:

They don't even go out like that. They kills themselves or let the cops cuff them. True cowards

Semi-automatics have been around for over a century. No major problems until the brainwashing in schools and the media started demonizing an object (guns) instead of placing the blame where it belongs, on the perpetrator. The AR has been around for over 50yrs. Society has become more accepting of bad/criminal behavior and even rewards it at times blaming others for the acts of the criminals and making excuses for the criminal instead of holding them accountable.
Prohibition didn't stop people from getting alcohol it just created a black market and the crime associated with it. The war on drugs hasn't stopped people from getting drugs, it just created a black market and the crime associated with it and a ban on guns will do the same thing. It will also benefit the criminal element while leaving the innocent more vulnerable to victimization.
Gun control gives the criminal element the upper hand since they remain armed while the innocent are disarmed.
Making good people helpless does not make bad people harmless.

Last edited:
Saw a talking head on tv saying he'd spent some time in Israel. And over there they search folks entering a mall or shopping area. This fella felt that was a good idea for America.

I don't know if this is true or not. But malls and their retail occupants are already getting their asses kicked by online retailers. That would be the nail in the coffin IMHO.

Unless I'm being frisked by a scantily clad voluptuous blond they can kiss my fat white ass before I'll agree to that.

Saw a talking head on tv saying he'd spent some time in Israel. And over there they search folks entering a mall or shopping area. This fella felt that was a good idea for America.

I don't know if this is true or not. But malls and their retail occupants are already getting their asses kicked by online retailers. That would be the nail in the coffin IMHO.

Unless I'm being frisked by a scantily clad voluptuous blond they can kiss my fat white ass before I'll agree to that.

Ya that talking head spent some time in Israel but didn't spend enough time there to "realize" his surroundings or understand them.

What "that fella" didn't understand is, Israel has or has had a problem with suicide vest clad terrorists......that hasn't happened here YET.

Back
Top Bottom