• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

El Paso Weavers

There was a time I wouldn't carry my 99s without an El Paso Weaver. Father time effed up my eyes and I had to give way to Leupold 3x9s and up.

Well no- they are not Tactical Tommy enough...

R.6040d80a9be8e2e392d29cd9d3f787a4

I have an El Paso K-4 on the shelf and it pretty much looks new in box. Plan is to use it for a Swedish Mauser Sniper project for vintage sniper competitions. Currently I'm running a USMC 1941 sniper clone with a Unertl clone but sometime would like to try the Swede. Many if not most of the guys winning Perry Nationals are running Swedes with K-4's. They are considered close enough to the old Nazi 4X scopes.

Yes people still like and look for them for vintage rifles and especially rimfire ones.
4X. 6X are quite popular

The fine cross hair and post one are some I like.

Yes people still like and look for them for vintage rifles and especially rimfire ones.
4X. 6X are quite popular

The fine cross hair and post one are some I like.

I have several El Paso Weavers. I usually grab them at gun shows for short money, but ONLY if they are Heavy Post and Crosshair reticle.

Great, rugged scopes.
Dang it.

I have a 22 project I need to get to, and now I might have to put one of these on it...

I have a Weaver K-4 that my father put on my first. 22 rifle in 1963 (Remington 511 Scoremaster). I changed it out a while ago to a cheap 3x9 scope to help my old eyes out when shooting it beyond 50 yards.

Edit: I just checked the Weaver I mentioned above and it is actually a B4.

Last edited:
Does anybody give 2 shats anymore over the El Paso Weavers?
So, now that we are clear that it wasn't Dennis Weaver, Randy Weaver, Dream Weaver, The Weavers and what have you.....

Keep your eye on the ad listings as I am gathering up Weaver stuff and bailing on it. 3 K scopes, 2 V scopes, rings both standard and high, pivot rings and bases....the stuff was all over my house. One of the scopes I was like, oh, that's where this ended up....

I have a K3 4X on my 1950's or so Remington 742. I bought the gun and the scope in perfect shape at Cabelas in Hudson on closeout for $250.00 That scope is halfway decent to see out of for sure. I kept it on there.

The pain and time that transaction took still bothers me to this day, but I wasn't walking out without that safe queen for that kind of money. Someone fxcked up pricing it.

And while there are a certain group of old vintage gun type people out there who want old vintage scopes on their 50's and 60's hunting rifles......its not a very large audience on here. US wide...they may be worth something. No idea. New scopes have better optics, i can tell you that and most people are gonna want better optics that don't fog.

I had a half decent Savage 99 in .243 with the weaver K3 on it and it was horrible to see out of, but I sold it for double what i paid for it so I wasn't going to change a scope out on it.

Last edited:
I have a K3 4X on my 1950's or so Remington 742. I bought the gun and the scope in perfect shape at Cabelas in Hudson on closeout for $250.00

The pain and time that transaction took still bothers me to this day, but I wasn't walking out without that safe queen for that kind of money. Someone fxcked up pricing it.
That is a nice gun.....I think I have a set of Weaver Pivot Bases that would fit that rifle, gotta look.

I'm partial to the Weaver El Paso T series. I own a T10 and a T16 and for the price of a used scope it's hard to beat the clarity and tracking. I like Leupolds but the price is high. I don't shoot further than 300yds and I guess a more modern scope would be better for longer ranges. I always see guys with thousand dollar Nightforces and Leupolds shooting at 100yds and wonder why when a Bushnell would work for them.

Back
Top Bottom