• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter El Paso Texas August 3rd 2019

HarryPottar

NES Member
El Paso shooting: Police in Texas say they are responding to an active shooter - CNN

18 people shot near El Paso Walmart, reports say

More than a dozen people are believed to have been shot near Walmart in El Paso, Texas, on Saturday morning, local media report.

Police responded to reports of an active shooting at the Cielos Vista Mall area shortly before 11 a.m. local time and asked people to stay clear of the active scene.

KTSM reported that at least 18 people were shot inside the Walmart; however, the extent of their injuries was not immediately known.

Local media reported that multiple SWAT teams, FBI and ATF reported to the scene. At least three local businesses in the area were on lockdown.

The mall complex is near Interstate 10 and on El Paso's east side.

Additional details were not immediately available.

A witness told CBS News that he was about to enter the Walmart when he heard at least 10 gunshots and saw at least one person - an elderly lady - fall to the ground. He said he was not sure if she was shot.

Eventually, people will become so desensitized, that they won't bat an eye at this kind of news. I think we are almost there...

RIP for the dead and dying.

This. I'm already pretty much there. I know that because the very first thing I thought about when I saw that they were reporting from El Paso was that Marty Robbins song where the posse kills the murderer as he's trying to make his way to Rosa's Cantina.

"Multiple gunmen," of course. Until a couple days from now, when the narrative gets modified. Shooter in custody apparently.

Live local news. Two male shooters. ONE in custody. Police calling the scene "contained". No word on 2nd shooter location. At least 10 dead and 30 wounded.

Beto O’Rourke has already begun to capitalize on the tragedy.

CNN said:
At least three businesses are on lockdown in the area, about three miles south of El Paso International Airport.
. . .
The nearby Hooters and Red Lobster are also on lockdown. Employees at those restaurants told CNN they are safe and see a lot of police, helicopters and people running around outside.
I've been there (not the Walmart). It's just a few miles from Fort Bliss, I wouldn't be shocked if for once the "multiple shooters" report actually meant somebody returning fire.

Depending on the demographics of the "two male shooters", either this will become a campaign opportunity for Beto or will swiftly disappear from the news cycle.

Really weird that last week we had a teen shoot up a Walmart he worked in or did work in, now we get another Walmart shooting.

Was thinking this too, especially when it's a multiple shooter situation. Don't want to jump to conclusions, but if by tomorrow we don't get the names of the shooters or a motive, we can assume their social media is being scrubbed as we speak.

Eventually, people will become so desensitized, that they won't bat an eye at this kind of news. I think we are almost there...

RIP for the dead and dying.
We're already there. It's terrible, but it's not like this hasn't happened often enough for us to become use to these shootings.

Live local news. Two male shooters. ONE in custody. Police calling the scene "contained". No word on 2nd shooter location. At least 10 dead and 30 wounded.
Generally in these cases where the early reports are there are two shooters, but only one can be found, it quickly becomes a sole shooter situation. Just like how there were 3 shooters at Columbine, multiple shooters in Dallas during the BLM protest, Sandy Hook there was talk of a 2nd shooter.

Unless there's surveillance footage of a confirmed 2nd shooter, it will quickly turn to just one shooter.

Scott Stedman, one of the "Investigative Reporters" pushing the Trump-Russia line, is pushing a multi-page 'alleged' manifesto. originating from 8chan (A site with a reputation only slightly less reputable than PrisonPlanet's)

This "Journalist" claims the 8chan document appears authentic because the shooter used a gun similar to the WASR-10 mentioned within (likely name-checked because of the Gilroy shooting connection).

Just listened to another news report with eye witness female. She only saw one, with rifle, tshirt, cargo pants and ear protection on.

I find that last part curious.

Just listened to another news report with eye witness female. She only saw one, with rifle, tshirt, cargo pants and ear protection on.

I find that last part curious.

Just saw some twitter pics from surveillance cam of shooter....he is wearing what looks like hearing protection...dafuq

Wearing ear pro would first indicate intimacy with firearms. And second if you're planning on dying while shooting up a joint, wearing ear pro is not usually a consideration.

Dude used an AK and ear protection.

Cielo-Vista-Mall-Shooter.jpg

Back
Top Bottom