Acorn/N.C.: "We are not talking about gun control, we're talking about bullets."

I took a little license with the title, but wanted to fit as much on the line as possible. You can see the original article HERE.

The grassroots community organization, ACORN, is fighting for a new law it says will save lives.

"Stop the Bullet" is a campaign that would make it harder for felons to buy ammunition from stores.

When you buy a gun, gun shops have to run a background check first to make sure you're not a convicted felon.

Although it is also illegal for convicted felons to buy bullets, a background check is not required. As it stands now, gun shops aren't required to ask any questions before selling bullets, as long as the buyer is 18 and can present identification.

Community organizer for the local NC ACORN group, The Rev. Melvin Whitley, says it's too easy for criminals to buy ammo, and he plans to close that loophole.

ACORN'S initiative would expand the law to include ammunition, and may even include a requirement for bullet permits.

"The problem with the law is that it allows criminals to have access to bullets. And it's the bullets that's killing us," according to Whitley.

But gun shop owners disagree.

They feel it's just another way organizations are trying to take away their Second Amendment rights.

"We have to make it clear we are not talking about gun control, we're talking about bullets," said Durham City Council Member Howard Clement III.

Whitley stated his case before the Durham City Council Thursday in hopes that the council will add it to its legislative agenda. The council's legislative committee will determine whether the initiative has legs.

Whitley hopes to get the bill passed in a year.

According to the National Sports Shooting Foundation, at least 18 states have tried to pass laws to stamp bullets with serial numbers or tax individual bullets. None have passed.

Learn More About Bullet Serialization

A bill requiring serial numbers on bullets failed the Kentucky State House this year. See Bill

New York lawmakers proposed bullet control legislation in 2007. Read More

Its illegal and the laws on the books for the effects after the case are pretty much not working....so lets introduce more laws! Go ACORN!

hahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

"he murdered someone with a gun! Ban guns!'
"Why not ban murdering someone?"
"Murdering is already banned!"
"And that worked so well."
"But if we make it illegal to get the tools."
"He was a felon it was already illegal for him to have it."
"But we'll make it harder!"
"Which will make it harder for everyone to get them not just the criminals."
"But then there will be less and criminals won't have as many!"
"No then only the criminals will have them!"
"No, because it'll be illegal for them to!"
"It was already illegal to murder them, why ban all the different possible ways to murder them."
"But we're not doing that, just the guns!"
"So if someone murders 100 people by driving over them with a car we shouldn't ban them?"
"No, cars aren't evil, guns are!"
"Guns aren't evil, only evil people are evil. A gun doesn't do anything unless it is in the hands of a person"

I guess "Community Organizer" is starting to become slang for- "Bloviating Communist Shit For Brains Mouthpiece" [laugh]

-Mike

Mark Twain once said "Common Sense is the Least Common of all Senses". This is just another example.

GRRRRRR. It makes my blood boil sometimes!

-R

"he murdered someone with a gun! Ban guns!'
"Why not ban murdering someone?"
"Murdering is already banned!"
"And that worked so well."
"But if we make it illegal to get the tools."
"He was a felon it was already illegal for him to have it."
"But we'll make it harder!"
"Which will make it harder for everyone to get them not just the criminals."
"But then there will be less and criminals won't have as many!"
"No then only the criminals will have them!"
"No, because it'll be illegal for them to!"
"It was already illegal to murder them, why ban all the different possible ways to murder them."
"But we're not doing that, just the guns!"
"So if someone murders 100 people by driving over them with a car we shouldn't ban them?"
"No, cars aren't evil, guns are!"
"Guns aren't evil, only evil people are evil. A gun doesn't do anything unless it is in the hands of a person"

You cant argue logic with someone illogical.

Along with the bullet permit will they need a primer, powder, or case permit as well? Or are we worried simply about felons being able to buy bullets and throw them at people?

Okay so you want to issue me a license for buying ammo. I'll support it if you grant me the ability to own any gun I want without a license because as you said it's not about gun control it's about ammo control. So let me own the EBR over there no license required and run the background check on my purchase of 1000 rounds to go put in it. Then I reload every piece of brass I have and off I go. Sounds fair to me.

I have a feeling this will not go far in NC. NC also has gun control law pre-emption, where only the state legislature can regulate firearm commerce.

ACORN is, evidently, Obama's "Civilian Defense Force". Now that there is no election rigging to be done (and I wonder what has happened to the federal investigations of ACORN fraud in 14 states) ACORN is now free to pursue a broader kind of ... disenfranchisement.

There is absolutely no linkage between this story and the recent surge in "Compliance Inspections" of C&R licensees. [wink] Don't worry. The new administration will be too busy fixing the economy to move on gun control.

Boys ... this is some serious sh$t happening.

There is absolutely no linkage between this story and the recent surge in "Compliance Inspections" of C&R licensees. Don't worry. The new administration will be too busy fixing the economy to move on sensible gun control.

Fixed it for you.

Who didn't see this approaching!! When an idiot like Chris Rock wants to charge $ 5,000 for a bullet, he said that should stop gun problem's, pinhead,pinhead, oh for art thou a pinhead!!!!

Who didn't see this approaching!! When an idiot like Chris Rock wants to charge $ 5,000 for a bullet, he said that should stop gun problem's, pinhead,pinhead, oh for art thou a pinhead!!!!

When they get there I am going to sell, sell, sell!

"The problem with the law is that it allows criminals to have access to bullets. And it's the bullets that's killing us," according to Whitley.
Silly me, I thought it was the criminals doing the killing. I guess all the criminals must be out stuffing ballot boxes, leaving the bullets to do their dirty work for them.

Silly me, I thought it was the criminals doing the killing. I guess all the criminals must be out stuffing ballot boxes, leaving the bullets to do their dirty work for them.

Yup.

And it's not the bullets shot by the criminals.

It's the rapid blood loss and tissue destruction when a bullet pierces through flesh shot from the gun of said criminal. Duh.

Back
Top Bottom