A well regulated Militia

I learned something today. I wanted to pass it on for those who might have misunderstood

the phrase 'well regulated' - as used in the 1750's - means 'functional and well working' as in the phrase 'a well regulated clock'... that is one that keeps good time and is maintained properly...

IT DOES NOT MEAN or having ANYTHING TO DO WITH "regulated by regulations"!

Few people know this... and more should.

I learned something today. I wanted to pass it on for those who might have misunderstood

the phrase 'well regulated' - as used in the 1750's - means 'functional and well working' as in the phrase 'a well regulated clock'... that is one that keeps good time and is maintained properly...

Most 2A supporters know this, it’s the uneducated general public that doesn’t. Welcome aboard!

Also, since you seem to just be catching on lol, something a lot of people leave out of arguing for the 2A is a small but very important detail. The commas in the amendment. Commas separate phrases and ideas, they are in there and are small but as I said, very important. I usually ask people that are saying "derp militia" if they know basic punctuation and what a comma does, then point them out

All militias will be deemed domestic terror groups in this Administration and will be watched monitored etc....
They have had their eye on ALL for a long time. Pre Ruby Ridge. Any sizeable militias pop up and they know. The only thing that will change will be increased persecution and focus.
They will surveil anyone they want to.

From A Dictionary of the English Language by Samuel Johnson, 1755.

To Régulate. v.a. [regula, Lat.]
  1. To adjust by rule or method.
    Nature, in the production of things, always designs them to partake of certain, regulated, established essences, which are to be the models of all things to be produced: this, in that crude sense, would need some better explication. Locke.
  2. To direct.
    Regulate the patient in his manner of living. Wiseman.
    Ev'n goddesses are women; and no wife
    Has pow'r to regulate her husband's life. Dryden.
You may also wish to review the Federalist Paper number 59, entitled "Concerning the Power of Congress to Regulate the Election of Members From the New York Packet." Madison was well aware of both usages of the word, and may have actually used "regulating" to mean rule making in Federalist Paper #54. Fortunately, at least until the next Supreme Court ruling, this age old debate is moot.

Most 2A supporters know this, it’s the uneducated general public that doesn’t. Welcome aboard!
The left over time has worked to change the meaning of words in our language for this exact purpose. “Regulation” or to make regular and keep in good working order is all over COTUS. The left knew this and turned govt CONTROL into “Regulation” so that they could get away with their unconstitutional crap

They have mainstreamed it so that now, most of the public, thinks of govt controlling stuff when the word “regulation” is used

The supposed "educated" public also doesn't know it. Typically due to the liberal agenda in education for the past XX years. I'm just glad the college I went to didn't push any libtardistic agendas to the students. That was in GA. My sister went to BU and drank deep from the kool-aid while there.

This is one of those fundamental things non-fudds in the firearm community know, though firearm prohibitionists--including fudds--will still insist regulated means what they want it to mean.

Well, u don’t have to tell anyone here that...cept the few Biden holdouts😂

Correct. It also implies that civilians have the right to bear arms equal to military’s, which will evolve over time.
Miller confirmed this, while simultaneously being used to justify the short barrel shotgun regulation. at the time of the case the military wasnt using SBSs ergo not covered.

Miller is the AIDS/Kryptonite of the case law 2A world. I doubt it'll ever be effectively acknowledged in my life.

All militias will be deemed domestic terror groups in this Administration and will be watched monitored etc....
The FBI sends agents provocateur into every known militia group. The agents then try to whip up the militia into doing something illegal. Nearly all "weapons charges" stem from one of these provocateurs setting up an illegal weapons buy after inducing idiots into the trap.

"
(a)
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b)The classes of the militia are—
(1)
the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2)
the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

We are the "unorganized militia"...
I have a little problem with the age limits. :) But, this has been in place since the first Militia Act of 1792 (?). Before then it was pretty much recognized that if you could pick up and shoot a gun you were the Militia.

I'll settle for an MH-6.
Technically my father owned two of those. Hughes 500 (503 defender) versions. And a half dozen or so Bell 47's. He used to own a helicopter company servicing the cranberry bogs and doing power line patrol. I worked there for a couple of years as ground crew in high school. He sold the biz. But not before I logged quite a few hours stick time. I can honestly say I've been in 2 "hard landings", I was only a passenger. And buzzed by f-15s out of Otis after we entered the no-fly zone unintentionally.

Technically my father owned two of those. Hughes 500 (503 defender) versions. And a half dozen or so Bell 47's. He used to own a helicopter company servicing the cranberry bogs and doing power line patrol. I worked there for a couple of years as ground crew in high school. He sold the biz. But not before I logged quite a few hours stick time. I can honestly say I've been in 2 "hard landings", I was only a passenger. And buzzed by f-15s out of Otis after we entered the no-fly zone unintentionally.

Such a fantastic helicopter, you can really see the no-compromise elements of the design shine through, as though it were actually made by an engineer, and not a bunch of bureaucrats.

Miller confirmed this, while simultaneously being used to justify the short barrel shotgun regulation. at the time of the case the military wasnt using SBSs ergo not covered.

Miller is the AIDS/Kryptonite of the case law 2A world. I doubt it'll ever be effectively acknowledged in my life.
The irony is that (in my understanding) there were SBS in use in the US military at the time. But because Miller died resulting in his insufficient defense, they just accepted the argument even though it was factually incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom